July 24, 2014 | 1928 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Foundation brush

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2007 5:32:00 AM More reviews by dejadrama

i gave this 3 lippies since comparatively to other body shop brushes this is the best - soft and lovely, shedding not an issue.

but you can definetly spring for a brush from a better company for the price.

TBS is super altruistic, so all of their brushes are synthetic, which is probably why theyre not fabulous, so if youre a well to doer, you cant really complain i guess. animal cruelty vs mediocre brushes?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by xpinkcouturex

i bought this because the bristle on the brush were so soft and since i have sensitive skin i hate using rough brushes because i get red easily ... but the thing with this brush is that it really doesnt pick up the foundation...this brush reminds me more of a liquid foundation brush the more i use it

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sbb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was also my first foundation brush, so initially I was happy with it too. But as mentioned by a previous reviewer, soon the bristles started to seperate and resembe an animal paw. I have now bought a Paula Dorf foundation brush after the good reviews of it on this site. Have only used it once so far so will see how it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by CabaretSinger

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a MAC foundation brush, and have had Prescriptives and Paula Dorf's. This brush is one of the new, redesigned brush line, and I love it. The head is fuller than my MAC, and the brush delivers a less streaky, smoother finer application than the others I have had. Highly recommended to all. An excellent choice. My MAC is gathering dust, as I keep reaching for this. Have had it for a month and washed it 4 times, great quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2007 7:25:00 AM More reviews by summeri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not too bad, it does apply foundation okay, but the handle is short and the brush leaves streaks...and the bristles are abit hard..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by twolunarspring

I love Body Shop brushes - they're sleek, soft and very practical. This is a great foundation brush... though I still think it's better to use your fingers. And more fun ;-)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Red_loo_loo

This was my first foundation brush, so initially I was happy with it. But soon the bristles started to seperate, resembling an animal paw! Needless to say, foundation went one incredibly streaky. After this bad experience, I am going to purchase the Bobbi Brown brush and see how it goes. Would not recommend this brush even to my worst enemy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

I found the bristles on this abit too soft and flimsy. I passed it on and got a MAC one which I much prefer. Quite good value for money though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Lk21

Although ALL my brushes are from The Body Shop, this one is my least favourite. I tend to have to use more foundation when using this, and it always leaves streaks on my face, which i have to blend in with this brush for a while. Waste of my time, to be perfectly honest. It is somewhat annoying to use; not easier than a sponge, or even your own fingers. And worst part is, the bristles separate, which makes the process even more annoying. I do not recommend this brush; nothing beats the good old sponge;)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2006 9:27:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonstar

I bought this brush because I use liquid foundation. This is my first foray into brushes for the face and so I didn't want to shell out the $38 CDN for the MAC brush for something I wasn't sure if I would even use. This brush was $20 CDN, by the way. I like the size and the handle of this brush. I think that it works well about 90% of the time but sometimes it gets a little streaky, which is why I rate it 4 out of 5. If I could give it 4.5 on 5, I would because it is a good quality brush (for example, I've had mine for a month and a half and the hairs never fall out, plus it is quite silky). It is perfect for foundation newbies such as myself. If I ever did need another brush, I'd probably shell out for the MAC brush (ie. if I ever started wearing makeup everyday) but for right now (I use it maybe 2-4 times per week), this is great.