The Body Shop Foundation brush

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/16/2007 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This brush is soft so it feels nice on the skin... but it doesn't help much with a smooth, streakless application. It worked fine the first few times but after washing, the brush just seperates and loses its form. It's ok, but doesn't help me achieve the 'barely there' natural look.

on 7/21/2007 5:32:00 AM

i gave this 3 lippies since comparatively to other body shop brushes this is the best - soft and lovely, shedding not an issue.

but you can definetly spring for a brush from a better company for the price.

TBS is super altruistic, so all of their brushes are synthetic, which is probably why theyre not fabulous, so if youre a well to doer, you cant really complain i guess. animal cruelty vs mediocre brushes?

i bought this because the bristle on the brush were so soft and since i have sensitive skin i hate using rough brushes because i get red easily ... but the thing with this brush is that it really doesnt pick up the foundation...this brush reminds me more of a liquid foundation brush the more i use it

on 6/23/2007 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was also my first foundation brush, so initially I was happy with it too. But as mentioned by a previous reviewer, soon the bristles started to seperate and resembe an animal paw. I have now bought a Paula Dorf foundation brush after the good reviews of it on this site. Have only used it once so far so will see how it goes.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have a MAC foundation brush, and have had Prescriptives and Paula Dorf's. This brush is one of the new, redesigned brush line, and I love it. The head is fuller than my MAC, and the brush delivers a less streaky, smoother finer application than the others I have had. Highly recommended to all. An excellent choice. My MAC is gathering dust, as I keep reaching for this. Have had it for a month and washed it 4 times, great quality.

on 5/6/2007 7:25:00 AM

It's not too bad, it does apply foundation okay, but the handle is short and the brush leaves streaks...and the bristles are abit hard..

I love Body Shop brushes - they're sleek, soft and very practical. This is a great foundation brush... though I still think it's better to use your fingers. And more fun ;-)

on 2/28/2007 3:56:00 PM

This was my first foundation brush, so initially I was happy with it. But soon the bristles started to seperate, resembling an animal paw! Needless to say, foundation went one incredibly streaky. After this bad experience, I am going to purchase the Bobbi Brown brush and see how it goes. Would not recommend this brush even to my worst enemy!

on 1/20/2007 3:50:00 PM

I found the bristles on this abit too soft and flimsy. I passed it on and got a MAC one which I much prefer. Quite good value for money though.

on 12/26/2006 10:57:00 PM

Although ALL my brushes are from The Body Shop, this one is my least favourite. I tend to have to use more foundation when using this, and it always leaves streaks on my face, which i have to blend in with this brush for a while. Waste of my time, to be perfectly honest. It is somewhat annoying to use; not easier than a sponge, or even your own fingers. And worst part is, the bristles separate, which makes the process even more annoying. I do not recommend this brush; nothing beats the good old sponge;)

Popular Makeup Brushes