Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation

4.4

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Methicone, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Fragrance (Parfum) 101905.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for over 2 years now and I am absolutely sold on this product. This foundation can be applied lightly or more full coverage depending on how you apply it. I personally use the sponge that it comes with and it is super fast and great coverage. I do not get oily and work up to 12 hour days. You can still see your skin through this makeup which I like, as I do not like looking mask-like. I have had zero problems with irritation or breakouts and will continue to purchase this for long term! I believe $24 is a steal for this product, as it lasts quite a while and is easily accessible to me. I also use Merle Norman's creamy concealer for under my eyes and love that as well. Together these are a great match and meed all of my makeup needs!

Love this product but am confused by the poster who said she paid $38. I only pay $24 and it lasts almost six months using it everyday. It does work great as a finishing powder but my skin is not good enough to wear alone. I love all the Merle Norman products but this is one of my favorites right along with Energizer Concentrate.

This is a fantastic powder with fantastic coverage! It goes on and stays on provide a flawless finish! My one gripe is the packaging, along with most MN products the packaging is a little bulky and dated, but ultimately a great product that I will continue to buy!

I never write reviews-but this stuff is great. A friend of mine recommended this to me years ago, and now I see why she has raved about it! I find that it provides good coverage, except for under eyes-which I just use some of my bare minerals with a concealer brush. Follow up with ultra powder and some bronzer, and I'm good to go!

I absolutely love this powder. It's so lovely, doesn't break me out. HG status.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using it for years. Stays on and doesn't look cakey or oily.

I was expecting great things from this foundation based on the reviews. First off, the coverage for me was more like sheer to medium, more like sheer, like a powder, not really a foundation. I prefer at least medium coverage. I have been applying this dry with a flocked sponge which gives heavier coverage.

Second, I hit pan in about a month, after not even using it every day. This product cost at least $ 38 if I remember correctly, and I will not repurchase something that costs so much and lasts such a short period of time. I am quite disappointed in this foundation. Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder foundation is so much better than this product, the coverage is amazing and it lasts for months!

I love this product. It didnt make me break out at all!! i feel like it actually cleared up my face a little bit. Would def. repurchase. I have one concern though. I was matched upto Ultra Golden, I am NC 20 in MAC. I am unsure about the color..if anyone can help me ..please contact me. if you are nc 20, what shade are you wearing in this?

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is HANDS DOWN my favorite powder EVER! I have bought this item countless times. It is actually the only product I repurchase at Merle Norman over and over again. I try many things, but none are all that impressive to me. I have encouraged lots of my friends to buy this and they all have and all love it. I actually try different products thinking I am going to get a better product somewhere else, and I never have! I have no idea why I ever stray for this powder foundation! It is definately my HG!

I do not consider myself very loyal to any one particular cosmetic company, but this is one of those products which I must always have. I have oily skin, live in an area with very high humidity, plus need decent coverage to tone down the redness in my face. I get it with this product. I also believe the powder helps to fill any former acne scars. Anyway, this is one of those products I always seem to go back to.UPDATE: I took off a lippie only b/c I have switched to Jane Iredale Pressed Base. I gave up on all other foundations. I like this product but I got frustrated with my skin breaking out, so if your skin is not acne prone and you want good coverage from a powder foundation. Do it.