MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Removed one lippy because I wish the pencil was shaped in a more flat/oval way instead of rounded - that way I could eventually get it to be angled.

I like this. Lasts long hours. My favourite used to be the Shu Uemura Hard 9 pencil. I loved that it was so easy to apply, and it was the absolute perfect colour for my brows.... until I realised they photographed badly... on me anyway. In photos and under certain lighting, they'd make my brows look grey! I didn't like that and i'd heard good things about the Lingering crayon, but thought it was too light, so I went for Spiked.

I'm an Asian with black hair. I don't know if it's just me, cos I read great reviews here, but I feel this has a bit too much red in it. Think I might try Stud next.

Overall, the pencil is good though. Important to use it with a light hand. And DON'T twist it too far out. It does not go back in

Great eyebrow pencil. Nice and thin and waxy. You don't have to sharpen it so no product waste. Perfect cool neutral color for brunettes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use eyebrow shadow to shade in my eyebrows. I didnt like the 'fake' pencil look on eyebrows on other people. I decided I wanted a little more definition to my eyebrows, while remaining somewhat natural looking. I went and bought this pencil, and let me tell you it is wonderful. I tried other cheap brow pencils, but they dont compare. It has to do with how thin the tip is, how it doesnt require sharpening (twist) and the ingredients. I think it has some waxy ingredients because it also helps lay my eyebrows in shape as well as define them. I also like the color lingering, because it is a lighter shade. Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this eyebrow pencil! :) I was using paul brown's super wear brow marker. That was my HG product but in pics, it made my eyebrows super light and almost Gray looking. I wanted something that was dark yet still natural looking. With this pencil, you def need a light hand for it, which is great because you won't be wasting product and it'll last for awhile. If i do apply too much, I just run my spoolie through my brows. Also love the fact that it's an automatic pencil so I don't have to worry about sharpening. I purchased this at a Mac store for $15+tax. Def will repurchase! :

Edit (6/17/13):
Love using this pencil to outline brows. I keep the front half clean because I like to fill rest of brow with Mac's brun eyeshadow :)

Edit (11/2/15):
My new fave eye pencil is the Anastasia brow wiz in dark brunette. But I would definitely repurchase this Mac product if I couldn't get my Anastasia product.

HG for brunettes! It seems that every brow pencil out there meant for us dark-haired girls is too RED or too light, or doesn't last. I have tried many many brands, from high end to drugstore and this is the winner. I only have to buy one every 4 months or so too.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Love,Love,LOVE this product! Bought my first MAC brow pencil back in Feb and I'm still currently still using the same one till this day! I've become obsessed with watching tut's on youtube for makeup app and I was watching "Makeup by Ren Ren" tuts and I asked her what type of brow pencil would work for my NC50 colored skin and she recommended Spiked from MAC. What I do is draw the outline of my brows w/Spiked,fill the rest in with a dark brown shadow and clean up and highlight w/my Studio finish concealer in color NW 40. I'm still perfecting the art of having flawless brows but this pencil will def help you achieve it!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So I've had this pencil for a few days and been using since then, and I have to say that I am impressed. It's a medium brown and shows up on my dark African-american skin. My eyebrows are black but I choose not to use so bold of a color. Anyway, the texture is a little waxy, it goes on pretty good and I love how small and precise it is! It gives me full control and allows me to mimic real brow hair. Its sorta acts as a brow tint. I fill it in but use another pencil for the tail because by the end of the day, the tail smudges off...i prefer this over powder because of the precision and overall its a VERY natural looking pencil. I will purchase again!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Best eyebrow pencil ever. This is another product I've been using forever and I can't see ever using anything else. It give me natural-looking eyebrows that aren't too dark. It's a bit expensive for an eyebrow pencil, in my opinion, but it's worth every penny!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

(Ref: NC44, Black Hair).

Other than eyeshadow, this was the first eyebrow specific prodct I have used, so havent much to compare it to.

Colour: Really nice and naturall on my black eyebrows. My sis told me which colour to buy, otherwise I may have been unsure if this brown was right for black eyebrows, but definitely is.

Formula: Creamy, easy to apply, you can use as soft or hard as you like. A little slippy I find on the tail end of eyebrow, works much better on the main part. I dont use a sealing product, and on its own I find this does not last throughout the work day very well.

Packaging: This slimness of pencil gives you great control, you can do hair like strokes. However, as others have said, you cannot tell when you are running out - I am not actually sure if the twisty mechanism has broken or if thats the end of it. Must be the end as you do get very little product, this lasted me 3-4 months, and I think 11.50 is quite a bit for little product.

Overall: I am sure I will try shop round for a cheaper alternative, find nothing matches the quality and return to this. Am going to try Illamasqua eye brow cake next.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So I hate too dark eyebrows so I went back and forth between Stud and Spiked. Spiked was perfect for me. I'm NW44 and it makes my brows look realistic and not all penciled in. I'll come back and do an update on how long it lasts and everything, but if you are going back and forth between Stud and Spiked, and want a natural look, Spiked is it!
UPDATE: I am in LOVE! I think because it's so thin that it works so well. My brows look really good and really natural. HG!

Popular Brows Products