MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

HG for brunettes! It seems that every brow pencil out there meant for us dark-haired girls is too RED or too light, or doesn't last. I have tried many many brands, from high end to drugstore and this is the winner. I only have to buy one every 4 months or so too.

on 9/17/2011 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Love,Love,LOVE this product! Bought my first MAC brow pencil back in Feb and I'm still currently still using the same one till this day! I've become obsessed with watching tut's on youtube for makeup app and I was watching "Makeup by Ren Ren" tuts and I asked her what type of brow pencil would work for my NC50 colored skin and she recommended Spiked from MAC. What I do is draw the outline of my brows w/Spiked,fill the rest in with a dark brown shadow and clean up and highlight w/my Studio finish concealer in color NW 40. I'm still perfecting the art of having flawless brows but this pencil will def help you achieve it!

on 9/15/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So I've had this pencil for a few days and been using since then, and I have to say that I am impressed. It's a medium brown and shows up on my dark African-american skin. My eyebrows are black but I choose not to use so bold of a color. Anyway, the texture is a little waxy, it goes on pretty good and I love how small and precise it is! It gives me full control and allows me to mimic real brow hair. Its sorta acts as a brow tint. I fill it in but use another pencil for the tail because by the end of the day, the tail smudges off...i prefer this over powder because of the precision and overall its a VERY natural looking pencil. I will purchase again!!

on 8/25/2011 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Best eyebrow pencil ever. This is another product I've been using forever and I can't see ever using anything else. It give me natural-looking eyebrows that aren't too dark. It's a bit expensive for an eyebrow pencil, in my opinion, but it's worth every penny!

on 8/3/2011 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

(Ref: NC44, Black Hair).

Other than eyeshadow, this was the first eyebrow specific prodct I have used, so havent much to compare it to.

Colour: Really nice and naturall on my black eyebrows. My sis told me which colour to buy, otherwise I may have been unsure if this brown was right for black eyebrows, but definitely is.

Formula: Creamy, easy to apply, you can use as soft or hard as you like. A little slippy I find on the tail end of eyebrow, works much better on the main part. I dont use a sealing product, and on its own I find this does not last throughout the work day very well.

Packaging: This slimness of pencil gives you great control, you can do hair like strokes. However, as others have said, you cannot tell when you are running out - I am not actually sure if the twisty mechanism has broken or if thats the end of it. Must be the end as you do get very little product, this lasted me 3-4 months, and I think £11.50 is quite a bit for little product.

Overall: I am sure I will try shop round for a cheaper alternative, find nothing matches the quality and return to this. Am going to try Illamasqua eye brow cake next.

on 7/19/2011 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So I hate too dark eyebrows so I went back and forth between Stud and Spiked. Spiked was perfect for me. I'm NW44 and it makes my brows look realistic and not all penciled in. I'll come back and do an update on how long it lasts and everything, but if you are going back and forth between Stud and Spiked, and want a natural look, Spiked is it!
UPDATE: I am in LOVE! I think because it's so thin that it works so well. My brows look really good and really natural. HG!

The perfect colour for my dark brown brows, and the most natural looking pencil I have found for filling in gaps.

I had been using Benefit BrowZings but found that the powder was slightly too light and I could only achieve a "blocky" effect - plus it was so bulky to put in my makeup bag.

Mac's Spiked crayon is nice and slim and easy to apply.

However, the twist-up mechanism is a total fag, and the sharpener end keeps falling off mine.

I would deffo buy again though as I can at last have real looking brows and cover over all the bald patches that were left by my overplucking!

Retails in the UK at £11.50 (US£18).

on 5/29/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

After reading reviews about this product, i had to try it, and I am so glad I did!
I totally agree with a review below saying you can spot a mile away when brows are penciled in, where as with this, it looks fairly natural, i apply using small strokes then use my finger to slightly smudge it so it doesnt look too perfect and drawn in, gives natural dark brows so easily!
I bought benefit brow zings last month, cost me £24!! wish I had discovered this before i bought it!
Highly reccommended ladies if your brows are on the sparse and badly shaped side!

on 4/12/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Once I got my hands on this brow pencil I put all of my other pencils and powder away. This pencil is perfect for filling in brows without giving a fake appearance. Its slim design allows you to make hair-like strokes and its nonwaxy formula allows the color to look real. I will never stray from this pencil, it is officially my HG.

on 2/19/2011 7:01:00 AM

I used to have the same eye pencil in Lingering but I found it to be to light for my brows so yesterday I switched to Spiked instead.

Great colour, love the thin tip for application. Only problem I find is that the staying power isn't good enough so I apply a clear gel to make sure it stays on the entire day.

Popular Brows Products