October 26, 2014 | 1290 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Pammy206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading reviews about this product, i had to try it, and I am so glad I did!
I totally agree with a review below saying you can spot a mile away when brows are penciled in, where as with this, it looks fairly natural, i apply using small strokes then use my finger to slightly smudge it so it doesnt look too perfect and drawn in, gives natural dark brows so easily!
I bought benefit brow zings last month, cost me 24!! wish I had discovered this before i bought it!
Highly reccommended ladies if your brows are on the sparse and badly shaped side!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by kelleegross

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Once I got my hands on this brow pencil I put all of my other pencils and powder away. This pencil is perfect for filling in brows without giving a fake appearance. Its slim design allows you to make hair-like strokes and its nonwaxy formula allows the color to look real. I will never stray from this pencil, it is officially my HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to have the same eye pencil in Lingering but I found it to be to light for my brows so yesterday I switched to Spiked instead.

Great colour, love the thin tip for application. Only problem I find is that the staying power isn't good enough so I apply a clear gel to make sure it stays on the entire day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Nina000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great pencil for the eyebrows, however it is used best when it is nice and sharp! Can wear off easily at the tail. However all in all good product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

After the years of early teenage torture I put my brows through, I baby them now (they deserve it after all that!). I keep my brunette brows on the thicker, Brook Shields side with a mild but noticeable arch. I see a professional to have them waxed every two weeks, but I always felt they needed that "something." I tried filling them in with shadows and pencils, but they just were never the right color - I either looked like I had dust in my brows, or I'd taken a black Sharpie to them! I had nearly given up when I found this gem. Unlike everything else, this pencil has a teeny tiny tip - so much so that I didn't even realize it'd come out of the casing! It's self sharpening, so it keeps its point as you go. The ultra slim pencil felt flimsy at first, but it's held up amazingly. I use short, fluttery little strokes to define and wow. It makes a world of difference, even though my brows are far from sparse! And best of all, it doesn't scream "HEY! LOOK! I DREW THESE ON!!" It just makes a finished, elegant, NATURAL face. The price may seem a bit steep, but compared to all the money I've wasted trying to get exactly this look, and how long one pencil lasts, it's worth it! Also, I've never had it smudge, ever. I've had other ones migrate, and let me tell you how NOT good of a look that one is! I get tons of compliments on mine, and am always asked how I get them to look so good - shhh...it's our little secret!

For reference I am a light golden NC20-25 with natural medium/dark brunette hair and green/hazel eyes.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by bbsparx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

lovelovelove.

this absolutely gorgeous pencil is what i used on my brows every day, followed by "mystery" shadow with a 268.

there's absolutely nothing i don't like about "spiked". go get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by megs85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product last year, used it a couple of times and then ignored it. I realize now that I was just using it wrong. I have thin brows and they are even thinner at the end. So now instead of being heavy handed I stroke the pencil gently. It gives the perfect amount of definition. My makeup isn't finished until I use this pencil! I will definately repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty solid brow product. I got this BNIB from a lovely swapper and I must say these are just like my favorites. I love the Clinique version of these and will probably stick to those. The Black/Brown in the Clinique version is darker than spiked and I like that for Megan Fox-like brows. But Spiked works just as well. I would purchase this when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 7:31:00 AM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this, it's a staple in my daily make up routine and I could not go a day without it. Before this, I never cared much for my brows. I'm olive toned, C40 and I recently died my hair a burgundy-black shade. My brows are naturally full and I thread/tweeze regularly so they already have a decent shape without pencil (OR SO I THOUGHT). Anyway what this eyebrow crayon does for me isit just *perfects* them. It took me a while to get the hang of it because it's got quite a small point on the tip so you have to be kinda careful. Occasionally if Im rushing and not looking I make mistakes like draw a line OFF my eyebrow haha. I love the powder finish this gives, it can be forgiving unless you really scratch the pencil into your skin and make a deep groove. You might need a wipe then.... but generally you can remove it quite easily.

Anyway what I've learnt over the past 3 months (it has lasted me ages despite daily use) is that the best method IMO is to do a sort of light handed sketching motion. I just lightly sketch over the areas that need filling in, then I stand back and look at them, then adjust where necessary, sketching wherever I want more definition i.e. the arch. Don't press too much if you don't want scarily dark in-your-face brows. Once Im done, I just brush over my brows with an eyebrow comb to soften/blend it all a little. I dont really use any extra products (brow gels etc) but you can if you want. I really prefer this to the waxy formulas I found, e.g. Benefit, or the eyeshadow method which doesn't last as long on me. I'd say the eyeshadow method is good if you want a soft natural look. But for me, this eyebrow crayon is soo versatile you could make it look as natural as you want. It really depends on your application technique! Like I said, it will take getting used to.

On good days, which are a lot lately now that I have the hang of it, this can really change the way my face looks. It gives me that polished, done up look. I like to keep my make up very natural/soft, so when I do my eyebrows it sort of just plays up the natural aspects of makeup more, it makes me feel naturally pretty. When the MUA recommended this to me, I was a bit like "uhh okay whatever". So I started using it just because I happened to have it. 3 months later its like DAMN *panick* when I cant find this thin little pencil amongst all my other make up items. I literally wont feel comfortable leaving the house when I cant find it :-( its so small and well unremarkable looking that it gets lost with all my lipliners and eyeliners. But I put up with that.

This colour is perfect if you have very dark hair (not just medium brown, I mean, dark brown-black). Its probably the perfect shade for anyone who is brown/olive c40 and up for definite! It may work for those of slightly lighter complexion too. On me this is a deep chocolate brown colour with a warm tone.

Overall: Definitely worth a try, although unremarkable at a first glance, you may find you fall inlove with it too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Man o Man, this is the best thing that happend to me as far as makeup go. I arch my brows and been defining them with different brow stuff over the years, but never have I gotten as many compliments as I do with this pencil!!! I just got this pencil four days ago, and already compliments are flooding about my brows over and over. I was talkin to my brother, and in the middle of the conversation, he stopped and said "your brows look good, man they look tight" I told him it was Mac, he said "what?? Mac do that? well mac is tight then" I didnt even tell him about my makeup spree. He just noticed it. At first I said I would not spend that kind of money on brow stuff, but I changed my mind!! I will keep buying this to the end of time! By the way, its a pretty brown that last all day, I can even fall asleep with it on, and it will still be on intact as when I first put it on. The point is soooo tiny that you will get that precise defination point we all crave for on our brows, instead of tryin to squeeze the tip of the pencil point or rubbing our brows down to try and make that brow edge precise. All your troubles are over wit once you use this, you will fall in love as a matter fact. It comes with a sharpener but you really do not need to sharpen this and waste product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No