October 31, 2014 | 1406 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by missbris003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great foundation. Was my first ever foundation and still prefer it over all others I've tried. I continue to re-purchase. Comes with a sponge but i find it best applies dry with a kabuki brush. I use the one from the body shop and it's great. A light application is all you need for a natural finish. Too much and it can look obviously very powdery. It has never oxidized on me. Also makes a great setting powder over liquid foundation and concealer. I recommend using concealer only where you need it and then finishing with a dusting of this, so quick and easy, plus looks so natural. Packaging is nice too, in a silver and black compact with a mirror. Price, pretty good considering it's not a high-end foundation like mac etc, but still just as good, if not better. Best for those wanting a natural finish with light to medium coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by LouiseD17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for about two years. I have shady n°3 and 4, for winter and summer use.

-light to medium coverage
-matte effect
-when applied correctly, it looks like you're not wearing any foundation at all

-can look cakey on it's own, I finish with The Body Shop Face Mist Vitamin E or Vitamin C
-doesn't last the whole day

I have been repurchasing this because so far it's the best I've come across for my skintone and skintype. But I haven't stopped looking for something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by imarussiandoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've read so many good reviews about this product, but as i bought it and actually used it, i was disappointed. my skin is very light, and the product looked yellow-ish on me as i applied it. it smells really bad too.
it just didn't work for me. the coverage is too light for me too, and it looked chalky.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Given most of the good reviews here, I went out and bought it on a buy 2 get 1 free sale. My mum and I got the same one. I wanted to like this product but it didn't work well for me. Upon application, it looks a little chalky looking. It is obvious to everyone that i'm using powder so this face base doesn't give a natural look. And given that it's a all in one face base, I was still told that finishing powder and makeup base is still required. That kinda defeats the purpose of buying an all in one. For me, I've tried both wet and dry application. After i apply my moisturizer and eye gel and waited for them to dry, I go on to apply my all in one face base. Somehow it always looks whiter on the parts where i had on my eye gel but the funny thing is I've always waited till it's dry to apply this face powder. Yet everytime i go thru this routine.. it turns out the same way. In the end i have to use abit of water to soften the heavier powdered parts and the rest of my face. I find that the dry application gives a chalky appearance that is not natural looking. For the wet application, after my moisturizer and eye gel, i wet the given sponge and swipe on the face base product onto my face. It gives a smoother finish for me and looks more natural. I prefer to use it via the wet application. The coverage isn't fantastic, light-medium. Concealer is definitely needed for blemishes. Staying power wise, it doesn't last more than 2hours for me before i start seeing my powder start to look cakey and uneven. My mom however likes this product better. So, it's one of those, to each his own and this is just not for me. I assume if you have less oily skin and skin that looks pretty good on its own but you would like some light coverage, this probably would be good for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mixedup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about two years, and its one of my favourite foundations. Its really quick to put on, and it doesn't ever make me break out. If I go out dancing at the bar, I generally will need to blot and reapply the foundation, but it's really not bad for an all in one. I am definitely going to keep buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by JamieJiaMin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This All-in-One Face Base is a awesome product.. It makes my skin stay matte up to 8hrs w/o touching up! And it absolutely save a lot of time when I am running late. I could easily do my face routine in the public transport without any hassle as the sponge and mirror is all included.. <3 awesome product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by erawr

This is the best powder foundation I have ever used! It provides the perfect amount of coverage for me most of the time, the only time it doesn't give me the amount of coverage I need is after I suffer from a breakout. I have found that wearing this powder foundation has really improved the texture of my skin, perhaps it has to do with some of the ingredients? I wear this in Shade 06 which is perfect in the winter but a shade too light in the summer, but I don't really wear foundation in the summer so it's completely fine. I wish that the shades did go darker though because the product only caters to lighter skin-toned people.

I like to apply this with either a foundation brush or a kabuki brush dry. I find that when I use it wet, it looks a little cakey and streaky. A sponge allows a little more coverage than using a brush but I prefer using a brush. I like the packaging because it isn't too bulky and the sponge and product are seperated so I don't have to worry too much about contamination. It also has a mirror inside as well.

The powder goes on nicely and works well on my combination skin. It doesn't accentuate dry patches (as long as I'm using a moisturizer) and controls oily spots on my face as well. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by pothon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation gives sheer to medium coverage for me. I'm NC 25-30 and I got shade 5, it matches pretty well. It doesnt last the whole day but it gives my skin a sorta poreless look. It is not at all heavy and caky looking. I think it will look better in the summer as my skin is normal in the winter so I think the powder just falls off rather then get settled in. I'll definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by kawanii

This is my first foundation I have ever used. I use this over BB cream or just alone when I am in a rush. I use Shade 03 and it's matches my skin tone perfectly. I use a stippling brush since I like very minimal coverage and it manages to look very natural. It balances my redness around the nose and eyebrows which makes my skintone completely perfect! I must say though, this foundation does not really last too long. It's normally gone mid-day and I need to reapply which kind of layers it and makes it look a little bit cakey. But maybe it could be the lighting of the places I look in the mirror! I'm on the lookout for a long-wearing foundation soon but this one is in my good books for the perfect natural shade for me! It's a good foundation but with weak lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Pandorasbox7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My holy grail powder foundation! Have had a hard time finding a powder foundation for my light-yellow skin and here it is! I use it in #4 and it covers like a liquid foundation and also looks natural which is unbelieveable, considering the fact that I have sensitive, red , and acne-prone skin!(Yes what a lovely combination!)
It is extremely buildable from light to full coverage- I use full coverage and this stuff lasts all day during those 110 degree summer days. And the texture is a satin, creamy feeling yet very light on the skin. The ONLY drawback is the price so I always keep a look out on ebay for deals.