September 17, 2014 | 1144 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

It's lovely, especially for winter, you can't beat tbs butters, they're iconic!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is okay. For a while I was really obsessed with the body shop, but now I have moved on to a better company. This stuff left my skin feeling soft and smooth for a few hours but after that it became dry again. The coconut scent is just average.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by danyellec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to love this, but unfortunately after a while it started to clog my skin. If I didn't use enough it didn't spread, if I used more it wouldn't sink in, leaving me feeling very clammy and itchy. I now only use it on my feet, elbows and knees.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by crazyskin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Body Shop's body butter is hands down the ONLY product that help with my KP and ezcema. I started trying this product out about a year and a half ago and my skin has gotten about 95% better. In the winter my skin is no longer dry and my KP has cleared up so so much.... I bought this product because it was on sale and never thought it would actually help because I had decided that nothing would help my KP. Now I only buy The Body Shop.
K

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what made me think that smelling like coconut was a good idea when I bought this body butter, but I got it. I was taking in so many scents that day, that I didn't notice how cheap the coconut smelled. Like artificial coconut syrup, or tanning lotion, or a Sobe Pina Colada.

Well, if the smell wasn't bad enough, the way that the butter just sat on top of my skin was! It felt greasy, for a long time, even when I used just a little! And when I touched my steering wheel, or my wireless mouse, or my sunglasses, it would leave a disgusting, shiny, grease stain! I've liked other butters, and creams, but this one is not for me! I've learned my lesson, sample things first, if all possible! I was left with an expensive tub of coconut skin lard! It was kind of gross!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by sofiaramos1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love tropical scents specially coconut (its one of my favorites), this body butter smells divine, it as a great texture (I prefer butters to lotions), it mosturizes really well and absorves quickly into the skin, it leaves a really nice feeling and its not greasy. I use it and the next day I steel feel mosturized. The smell doesnt last that long though, but I dont mind. I bought the biggest container (400ml, 14.0 OZ, 398g), in Portugal it was around 18 euros wich was really good, and it lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by slimm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love TBS body butters, especially this scent. However, I can see how the consistency may feel heavy and greasy to some. To me it feels rich and moist. The scent always takes me back to my trips to Asia.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Scent is waaaaay too strong for me!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the body shop body butters and i thought i would love this one but the smell was so overpowering it made me feel physically sick i used it twice and it was left sitting on my shelf. In the end i threw it out. It was nice and moisturising but unfortunately i just couldn't stand the smell of this one. It would of been nice with a little less fragrance to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by nailpolishect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the smell. I use it on my face rather than my whole body and it works well. I'm waiting for it to go on sale so I can get it again.