L'Oreal Lineur Intense

3.9

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm having trouble believing the ratings for this product - it is honestly one of the worst liquid eyeliners I have ever used!

Consistency - its pretty gooey & weird. The opening gets built up with thickened product and I found I needed to wipe it off every use, wasting a lot of product or it will leave thick globs that make application really hard.

Application - the brush is OK, easy enough to work with if the formula wasn't so strange. My problem is that I have to be REALLY careful because it is too easy to make a mistake, and it's not easily fixed. The worst part is that it gets all over my lashes, making them clump together into those nasty 'spiderlegs' clumps. I would try to comb through it with a spoolie and would just end up with flakes all over my face. It take me a million years to get this on because I am trying to be way too careful with it because of the inferior consistency.

Finish - it's really shiny. I would prefer matte. Like it's adverstised, it is REALLY DARK BLACK - I mean, super, super black. That's cool and all, but it is SO pigmented, that if you make a mistake, there is no quick fix or cleaning up. You have to remove it all and start over, otherwise I just keep smearing around black.

Removal - OMG, this stuff takes for ever to get off! It lifts easily with MY remover, so I don't need to scrub and scrub, I just can't get the color off. When I am washing it off it looks like I put on black face! It took two rounds of oil cleanser followed with a foaming cleanser to get this stuff off my face - it's pretty extreme.

Wear - not so great. It flakes & rubs off really easily. When it dries, it still feels tacky, which I though would make it wear better. I was not impressed with the wear of this at all. I could live with that if I didn't experience the other issues I had, since I only wear this on my top lashes and dont usually have an issue, but in this case, there's just too much going on to look this over.

In all, this was a disappointment for me. I much prefer the liquid eyeliners from WnW, Prestige, Maybelline (line stiletto) or NYC - I have had much better results, and most of them are less expensive then this one. I really tried and tried to like it, but I finally got fed up & threw it out.

on 8/19/2011 4:56:00 AM

when I was new to make-up I heard raves about this liner from fafinettex3 (she's MIA now) and being a person who never used liquid liners before I thought to give it a try. I've bought this on a BOGO sale in CVS and have been using this on-off for a year now.

LINE - it does not draw a thin line, for hooded eyes like me a thin line is a must or else it would consume the whole of the little crease that I have.

CONSISTENCY - you must shake this product or else the consistency wouldn't be nice. Sometimes to much product comes out and I'd have to wipe it off the edges of the package. It does apply black but dries to a shiny finish which is not good for matte liner lovers. It also does not dry fast, you have to wait a while which sucks!

LONGETIVITY - it does not stay on for a long time. I think this liner would be better during the winter and not summer/humid days. During winter it stays on until I go home from the office but during summer and humid days out it cracks and flakes horribly! I went to a themepark and it already cracked and flaked even before I got there.

Overall, this liner was not that great and I think I will just consume what's left but would not repurchase again. There are better liners out there that are better than this.

on 8/19/2011 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This liquid liner is very pigmented and gives an intense black line with one swipe. However, I hate that it dries to a shiny finish!! I noticed if you apply a thicker swipe, or two layers, it tends to crack and flake off. The applicator is long, but not very flexible so it's hard to trace around the top lashline and doesn't produce the thinnest of lines either. Luckily, it managed to not smudge throughout the day. Must shake it with each use because I noticed it gets a little gloopy.

on 7/31/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first liquid eyeliner I bought awhile ago. The color is good and all but I didn't like the brush because it was too stiff. I also don't like how it takes awhile for the eyeliner to dry. I had to use hair dryer or else I'd smudge the eyeliner when I blinked. After the eyeliner was dry, I would curl my lashes and when I did that, some eyeliner would come off. After applying mascara, I'd have to carefully fill in the gaps with more eyeliner then use a hair dryer again. My opinion, I did not like it.

What happened to the old lineur intense? The brush is supposed to be tapered and this flakes sometimes.

on 7/23/2011 4:54:00 AM

The eyeliner looks shiny and does not look natural. Pieces of the liner seem to chip off my eyes during the day even though I apply eye primer and do no touch my face. The only nice thing I have to say is that it easily washes off with cleanser.

on 6/30/2011 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not too overly sure about this liner. I found pigmentation to be okay, but it still required me to go over the line again to achieve a very pigmented black colour. What I hated is how the product dries to a shiny finish. It doesn't look natural and rather awkward looking on my skin. I do like that it didn't flake and managed to hold on my skin throughout the day without smudging or fading either. The felt tip applicator is very flexible so it was easy to move against the curve of my eyelid. Not sure if I would repurchase this.

on 6/28/2011 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has become a must have item for me now. I use it every day and the same tube has lasted me six months so far. It dries fast and the brush is very easy to use. I have both "Carbon black" and the plain "black", they're very comparable except the former is shinier I think. I would love to try the Lacome Artliner that everyone raves about but don't want to spend that much money and I'm pretty happy with this one. Just wish it was available in NZ.. I had to stock up during my trip to the US :P

on 6/19/2011 7:58:00 PM

This review is for Lineur Intense FELT tip eyeliner. The brush liner is completely different and does not work the same way. There are many good reviews of this product so I will add to these reviews by simply summarizing why everyone loves this stuff and giving you some examples of how amazing it is.

The BEST eyeliner on the market! Here is why:

-You get amazing control when putting on this eyeliner but you MUST get the felt tip. You can make your line thick or thin and really get in between those lashes (if you don't have many, like me)
-Lasts all day and even into the next morning without smudging or giving you raccoon eyes, even if you have oily eyelids, like me.
-Comes in Black Mica and other great colors. Black Mica has golden sparkles in it
-Relatively cheap, considering the quality, and easy to get at almost any drug store.
-Comes off easy with eye makeup remover. Comes off easier than waterproof mascara, yet it stays much longer than any pencil liner I've ever used.

To prove to you why this product is so amazing here are a few stories I can tell you about the product.

-I put this stuff on in the morning and woke up the next morning with it still on, same as the day before. It will probably start to fade after 12 hours or if you cry excessively and then wipe your eyes, when it does come off, it actually flakes off but does not leave you raccooned.
-I have put this stuff on during a camping trip and it lasted until the next morning
-This is the ONLY eyeliner that has worked for face painting. That's right, I said face painting. Every year me and a few buddies paint squirmy kid's faces and we use black eyeliner to outline what we want to paint. We've tried all kinds of eye liners and this is by far the best eyeliner for drawing perfect pictures on faces, almost as if you were just drawing with a pencil but without the skipping.

Suggestion: This is a liquid eyeliner, so expect bold color and expect it's not going to blend like a pencil liner would. I get around this by purchasing a shade lighter or a shade closer to the eyeshadow color I'm going to put near my lash line. I've been able to layer eyeshadow on top of these liners and still get a pretty natural look from it.

on 6/3/2011 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
I had one lippie off just cuz it's like 10 bucks & I'm pretty cheap hehe. it dries so quickly(30sec?) & it's really pigmnted! one problem is that SOMETIMES it flakes cause it's so dryin yenno? but that's only happened once haha. I have monolids with really oily lids. I use my elf eye primer w/ this and stays for like 5 hrs? (school) maybe even lnger so.. ya this is awesome & I will always repurchase.