July 22, 2014 | 1405 users online

Shampoo - Aussie - Moist Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by valeria_l

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have coarse curly hair. I don't do any heat styling or dying. My hair is just naturally coarse and dry. This shampoo made my hair so rough and sucked any moisture out. I used it with the matching conditioner and my hair was so frizzy. I bought this at Target and all they had were large bottles with pumps for about $5. I would have much preferred a smaller bottle since I was trying this out for the first time. The price per ounce is excellent but this just didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Directioner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: moisturizing :)
CONS: smells weird :(
COMMENTS: I love it because it makes my hair feel so much softer, so much smoother, and so much more moisturized! The only problem is it kind of smells bad, oh well though, I'll just go back to my regular shampoo! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Directioner1O1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like the smell THAT much but OMG it works really good. I have thick dry hair and it completely quenches it and moisturizes it and hrydrates it and gets rid of frizz! :P I actually really like this shampoo, but I like my regular shampoo better. I just tried this for a change, but it's pretty good, it's pretty cheap guys, so eh, might as well try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by dezichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this product at first because it's cheap, smelled nice, and seemed to make my hair feel soft. After about 3 weeks though, I noticed my hair started to weigh down (even after clarifying and making sure to rinse very well), and it was rough to get a comb through it.
My scalp also was VERY irritated along the bottom, top of forehead, and sides right at my ears. It was such a bright red irritation. I have never had anything like this happen before! This shampoo and conditioner just ruined my scalp. It was flakes galore, itchy and burned. I still kept trying this Aussie moist combo, but my hair and scalp just got worse. And then I read other reviewers whom also experiences scalp irritation.
So quit using and my scalp is finally getting back to normal with the help of some drugstore creams.
As a final note for packaging, it sucks. My caps would sometimes be hard to get up and they both snapped off.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to be my go to shampoo back in the day. I recently picked up an older bottle I had stuffed up in the cupboard (Probably to try something new at the time) The first wash was fantastic. My hair smelled amazing and it was soft and smooth. After using it for a few days I noticed that my hair would be almost dripping by the end of the day. Far too heavy. This shampoo also made my forehead break out, and clogged some pores. Wish I had've realized that the original time I used it, would've saved on a bunch of acne 'solutions'.

Overall good for people with /extremely/ dry hair (My hair obviously isnt that dry), cheap and smells delicious and the smell stays around. Worth a try if nothing else!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by STheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used up about half of the bottle before realizing that this shampoo was actually making me break out. The first thing I noticed was that I had bunch of pimples along my hair line, which is a normal thing every once in a while, but this time they weren't going away. Second, I noticed that my forehead had tiny bumps all over, again I didn't think it was a big deal because they were barely noticeable. Third I started to get big painful pimples on the back of my head and while nobody could see them, they really hurt at night when I laid down. After my back started to break out I stopped using this shampoo all together and my break out slowly cleared up after a week. My sister used this shampoo once after her's ran out, even after I told her what it caused me. She told me that her body broke out the next morning. I don't know what was in this that my body reacted to, but I'm never using this again. I'd rather have dry hair (not that it even helped with that) than pimply skin.

ATTENTION - 5/16/12
The formula for this product has been CHANGED. It's still being sold under the same name. WARNING - DO NOT BUY. IT'S CHOCK FULL OF SULFATES NOW - especially sodium laureth sulfate, which is known to cause irritation to the skin. That's what was breaking me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Erin97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite drugstore shampoos, along with the conditioner. It's extremely moisturizing, and totally revived my color treated, frizzy hair! I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by moonunits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted so badly to like this shampoo, having read many reviews about how wonderful it was. However after several washes my hair wasn't looking any less dry, and was instead maybe even more straw-like than before. I have extremely processed and dry hair, and so I was not looking for a miracle product. This shampoo, however, was not right for me. The smell is amazing, though, and I do miss that now that I've switched to a different line.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by vhsale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT: Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that this is the reason I started breaking out around my hairline. The conditioner version still works fine (it's probably because I only use it from mid-shaft down, and not around my hairline). I'll definitely miss the coconut-y smell, and it should be noted that this shampoo still does the job of moisturizing hair, and smells divinely of coconut! It should be noted that my skin is also super sensitive, so this may not cause breakouts for you! If only it didn't break me out, then I'd keep using it!

The reviews on this board have led me to my HG shampoo! :)
After using this for almost a week, combined with the Aussie Moist Conditioner, my hair has become bouncier and happier! Happier, as in healthy :) Not only that, but my hair smells like coconuts, and it emits the coconut smell strongly as well, resulting in my friend constantly smelling my hair and following me around just to smell it lol! :) It's also affordable, and thank God I saw these reviews before going out to purchase those high end shampoo and conditioners so yippee for MUA! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love Aussie Moist conditioner and tried this shampoo. It smells good and looks pearly and creamy. The packaging is fine, I just hated how the little flip cap breaks off easily.
The shampoo totally stripped my hair and it took a week of deep conditioning after shampooing to make my hair look shiny and healthy again.
I did not experience any benefits while using this on my hair.