L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

3.7

isodecane - aqua (water) - cera alba (beeswax) - disteardimonium hectorite - carnauba wax - paraffin - alcohol denat. - allyl stearate/va copolymer - propylene carbonate - oryza sativa (rice) starch - polyvinyl laurate - peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone - synthetic wax - dimethicone - propylparaben - 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanedio - dimethiconol - sodium dna. May contain [ /- ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides - ci 77007 / ultramarines - ci 77891 / titanium dioxide - mica - ci 75470 / carmine - ci 77288 / chromium oxide green - ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide]

on 4/2/2012 12:31:00 AM

This is my HG mascara. I've tried many mascaras, from high end to drugstore brands, and this is the BEST. My close second is Covergirl LashBlast. Don't spend more if you don't have to! The waterproof formula keeps my lashes curled (I have straight, blah lashes normally) and they look great all day. Some minor flaking but you can manage that by not rubbing your eyes, right? I always have an extra of this in my bathroom closet just in case. Love love love.

on 3/27/2012 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After trying so many high end broducts I decided to go with one that EVERYONE and their mother is loving...and so I went w/this one and I do like it. It does last but at times I feel like it flakes a bit :-( but it beats paying $20 -$30 on a more expensive brand.

I have heard such good things but this mascara sucks!!! too watery, makes my lashes hard. nooo bueno

on 3/1/2012 2:06:00 PM

My HG is the normal version of L'oreal Voluminous mascara (not waterproof). I've been using that one (faithfully) for years & I currently still do. One day, I decided to try this one out of curiousity to see if it would make my mascara flake less. Well, I soon realized upon putting this on my lashes that the formula was a bit different than the regular version of this. It was a bit more watery, but I didn't think much of it. I have to say, this mascara did flake less...but it also made my lashes kind of stiff. Which, I didn't really mind that it made my lashes stiff, because I figured that meant good staying power. So overall, this did still look good in the end. The nightmare actually began at the end of the night when I went to take this off with my make up remover. This mascara DID NOT want to come off at all. It was so stubborn. I literally had to scrub my eyes to death in order to get this off. I had lots of lash fall out that night, more than I've had in probably the course of 5 years put together. For that reason, & that reason alone...I threw this out once I finally killed my eyes & got this stuff off, & I made a promise to never buy anything "waterproof" ever again. So, that was my long experience with this mascara. I do not reccommend any "waterproof" mascaras from any brand, to anyone. They are much more harmful & damaging to your eyelashes. I'll stick with my normal version of this mascara.

on 2/2/2012 8:20:00 PM

This mascara is so thin and runny--not voluminous at all! I can't build it very well, it lasts just so-so, and the runniness makes it hard to keep on just your lashes because if your lash touches your lid, it's smeared all over your lid. I would not purchase this again.

on 1/22/2012 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was not impressed by this I wanted to like it after hearing all the good things about it! So I got it and tried it a few times, to never use it again and throw it away! For some reason it did nothing to my lashes. I wasnt clumpy but it did nothing that made me hold on to it and use the whole tube! Sorry I wanted to love it but it is not a go to for me!

on 1/21/2012 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh my gosh, do I LOVE this mascara! Iíve tried so many high-end mascaras, and none of them seemed to do what this mascara does to my lashes. I have sparse, thin, non-existent lashes, and they tend to grow downwards... Asian lashes *shakes head* (Stubborn little .... UGH!) But this mascara makes it looks like I actually have lashes! This mascara isnít great straight out of the tube, but when you let it dry out for 2-3 weeks, my-oh-my, is this mascara fiiiine. It holds the curl of my lashes, thickens them, and elongates them sooo well! Iíve gone through probably 4 tubes of this mascara, and have yet to get sick of it. Definitely will repurchase!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wow! I got this mascara after hearing so many great reviews of it on MUA & YT & am so glad I picked this up.! This product gave me lashes very similar to CGLashBlast, but I would say this is just a TAD more neutral. However, i LOVE how it's SO stay-proof! I've had two good cry sessions since wearing this, and it completely stays on! No smudges, no clumping, NOTHING. I am wowed at how cheap this mascara is, how long it's been on the market, and how durable it is. The brush is really good & this mascara comes off easily with EVOO. The packaging is sleek & sophisticated, and unlike CGLB, I don't have to wait a few days for the formula to thicken up before I really like it. ONLY downside is that it tends to get all over my eyelid, but alas! All mascaras for me do! Either I have puffy eyelids or suck at applying, haha. Either way, I easily clean it up with a dab of lotion on a q-tip. This mascara is super cheap & effective & I def. reccommend it along with CGLB to all drugstore mascara junkies:)

on 1/8/2012 6:14:00 PM

This is a fabulous product. I've tried several others just for a change, and haven't found anything that gives more thicker, lusher, natural looking lashes at such a great price.

I always wipe off the wand lightly before applying so my lashes don't get gloppy (kind of like letting some of the paint get off a brush after you dip it in a can). I think that really helps to distribute the mascara evenly. It also seems to work better to apply several light layers instead of one heavy layer.

The other thing I do is put a LITTLE loose powder on my lashes before putting on mascara. It seems this gives the mascara something to "stick" to. It really seems to help my lashes look thicker.

on 1/8/2012 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my all-time favorite mascara. I've tried some of the super expensive ones (YSL Faux Cils) and then of course some of the raved about drugstore ones as well (Cover Girl Lash Blast) and this one beats them all. I've used it for years and I suppose I probably always will. It can get clumpy if you do more than 2 coats, but that's pretty much standard with any mascara I've used. If you wipe the wand with a tissue prior to applying, it will cut way down on that. The regular formula in this mascara transfers on me like crazy, so I stick with the waterproof. I use baby oil or coconut oil to remove it and it comes right off, no issues. Holy grail mascara for me.