July 28, 2014 | 1381 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was not impressed by this I wanted to like it after hearing all the good things about it! So I got it and tried it a few times, to never use it again and throw it away! For some reason it did nothing to my lashes. I wasnt clumpy but it did nothing that made me hold on to it and use the whole tube! Sorry I wanted to love it but it is not a go to for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by lulishmeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh, do I LOVE this mascara! Iíve tried so many high-end mascaras, and none of them seemed to do what this mascara does to my lashes. I have sparse, thin, non-existent lashes, and they tend to grow downwards... Asian lashes *shakes head* (Stubborn little .... UGH!) But this mascara makes it looks like I actually have lashes! This mascara isnít great straight out of the tube, but when you let it dry out for 2-3 weeks, my-oh-my, is this mascara fiiiine. It holds the curl of my lashes, thickens them, and elongates them sooo well! Iíve gone through probably 4 tubes of this mascara, and have yet to get sick of it. Definitely will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by curlvaceouscutie

Wow! I got this mascara after hearing so many great reviews of it on MUA & YT & am so glad I picked this up.! This product gave me lashes very similar to CGLashBlast, but I would say this is just a TAD more neutral. However, i LOVE how it's SO stay-proof! I've had two good cry sessions since wearing this, and it completely stays on! No smudges, no clumping, NOTHING. I am wowed at how cheap this mascara is, how long it's been on the market, and how durable it is. The brush is really good & this mascara comes off easily with EVOO. The packaging is sleek & sophisticated, and unlike CGLB, I don't have to wait a few days for the formula to thicken up before I really like it. ONLY downside is that it tends to get all over my eyelid, but alas! All mascaras for me do! Either I have puffy eyelids or suck at applying, haha. Either way, I easily clean it up with a dab of lotion on a q-tip. This mascara is super cheap & effective & I def. reccommend it along with CGLB to all drugstore mascara junkies:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by bluemakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fabulous product. I've tried several others just for a change, and haven't found anything that gives more thicker, lusher, natural looking lashes at such a great price.

I always wipe off the wand lightly before applying so my lashes don't get gloppy (kind of like letting some of the paint get off a brush after you dip it in a can). I think that really helps to distribute the mascara evenly. It also seems to work better to apply several light layers instead of one heavy layer.

The other thing I do is put a LITTLE loose powder on my lashes before putting on mascara. It seems this gives the mascara something to "stick" to. It really seems to help my lashes look thicker.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by ChristyR143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my all-time favorite mascara. I've tried some of the super expensive ones (YSL Faux Cils) and then of course some of the raved about drugstore ones as well (Cover Girl Lash Blast) and this one beats them all. I've used it for years and I suppose I probably always will. It can get clumpy if you do more than 2 coats, but that's pretty much standard with any mascara I've used. If you wipe the wand with a tissue prior to applying, it will cut way down on that. The regular formula in this mascara transfers on me like crazy, so I stick with the waterproof. I use baby oil or coconut oil to remove it and it comes right off, no issues. Holy grail mascara for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love trying out new drugstore mascaras and decided to give this a try, so far I often purchase Maybelline mascaras, as I find their mascaras to be my favorite. I started to venture out and bought this (in waterproof, of course). I'm not too keen on this mascara, and the reason for it is because I don't care for the wand. I like fluffy & full looking wands, usually the bigger the wand and the more rounded the brush, I find gets into my lashes a lot better and almost curls it, since I have short little lashes. This brush does not do that for me. It's just a straight looking brush, medium size, and doesn't do much for my lashes. It doesn't even make my lashes look 'voluminous' without putting on 3-4 coats. I don't like the fact that I have to do 3-4 coats for my satisfaction. This wasn't a great buy. I like the formula, as it really is waterproof and doesn't smear but would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by evetrinh990

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great mascara!

I always curl my lashes, use this mascara as a base to keep the curl, wait for it to dry and then apply a lengthening mascara on top.

I always find the mascara works best to hold a curl after the tube of mascara gets more thick after some uses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first 2 weeks when i used this mascara, I did not like this. It was very watery, didnt hold a curl, and it smudges. After using this for 2 weeks the mascara dried out a little and it became much more thick and it hold my curl and it did not smudge I have been using this mascara for almost three months now and I really like it so far. Here's some background info about my lashes- medium length and volume, straight lashes. This mascara turns my lashes into feathery natural looking lashes with two coats. Great for everyday. I am able to make it more dramatic with 3 coats without clumping. This mascara does not really require a metal lash comb but with it, it helps separate my lashes but give me less volume. When they say waterproof, they mean it. It made it through the rain and water park. Also this does not flake and easy to remove with grapeseed or olive oil.

So far my favorite mascara is still covergirl Lash Exact Waterproof and mehron mascara. These two make my lashes dramatic and long without flaking or smuging.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Virgo03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara was just OK. It goes on smoothly, and gives a nice, soft, "feathery" effect. But, the formula is so thin that I end up having to do more coats than with other mascaras. I hardly ever use more than two coats, but with Voluminous I need to use four, and even then, it's still quite natural-looking. I don't think you could ever get "dramatic" lashes with this mascara, if that was what you wanted.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by CreamPuffification

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Try it during my hunt for non-smudging monolid proof mascara. And it smudges. Great for beautiful long, voluminous lashes but only for a hour or so on my stick straight, no-crease eyes. Great mascara, just not for monolids.