April 20, 2014 | 933 users online

Cleansers - Eucerin - Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2005 4:54:00 PM More reviews by memorybuilder

I am 40-ish with fair, combination, ultra sensitive and allergic skin. I can use this product with no irritation. It rinses clean and doesn't cause tightness for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2005 3:08:00 PM More reviews by FallenStar841

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far this cleanser is working well for me, my skin is combo-oily with the occasional break out. It reminds me a lot of Purpose Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser that was discontinued. Cleanses without stripping the moisture from my skin like it said. If you're looking for a no frills cleanser that gets the job done without the dryness give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2005 9:53:00 AM More reviews by emiliaestella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect cleanser for my combo/acne prone/sensitive skin. It never overstrips, and yet does not over moisturize (even though the name is "Gentle HYDRATING"). It actually removes all my m/u, even mascara, and all the other "gentle" cleansers I've tried could not do that. My skin is soft and smooth, not tight and begging for a moisturizer, after I wash. It's so inexpensive too! Definitely a HG! I just hope they don't d/c it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2005 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Andio

I bought this after reading the cosmetic cop's reviews. I was looking for a great inexpensive cleanser that would not strip my skin. I have combo skin in summer and winter. Winter tends to be a little dry but still have those areas where, if I apply a heavy cream, I will get break outs. I HATE BREAK OUT !!!This was the HG of all cleansers ...NEVER 1 SINGLE BREAKOUT. I buy it online 4 bottles at a time. Even turned my husband on to it and now his oily skin looks great. Best cleanser out there. Really removes makeup easily. A must try!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 1:36:00 PM More reviews by chitown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very mild and gentle on your face. Great when coming home and have that I HAVE TO WASH MY MAKEUP off my face feeling. Also I like to mix it with scrubs from other brands to lessen the concentration and harshness on my skin. I would compare it to Cetaphil just not as well known or easy to find. Plain jane pump container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2005 3:46:00 AM More reviews by imaladybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This low-lathering cleanser rinses well and leaves my sensitive, combination skin feeling really fresh without any tightness. Though it's labeled "hydrating" - I think people w/ dry skin may find they have to follow up w/ a moisturizer immediately after use. I plan to alternate this cleanser w/ Aveeno's Positively Radiant Cleansing Pads (my all time fav) or OoO's Daily Facials for sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2005 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Belier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this cleanser too drying for my dry skin. It left my face tight.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2005 7:57:00 PM More reviews by dulceflor

Well, I finally found a worthy cleanser! I was using Dove's sensitive essentials but I realized it was leaving a film on my face. So I started trying different face washes and this one was just right, non drying, no fragrance, and it removes makeup well enough. I like it so much I'm trying to get my sister to use it! (I just love convincing her to do things my way!) It works great on my oily, sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by SugarBug

This is a good "general" cleanser. I have oily skin, but it gets very dry on the cheeks, especially in winter. This cleanser effectively cleanses (proof is on the clean cotton pad I use for my toner after cleansing), it doesn't overly dry my skin, and it does not sting my eyes. I have occasional breakouts and this has not appeared to cause any additional problems. In fact my skin is looking very clear. It is not extremely moisturizing though, so if you have very dry skin I would recommend a more hydrating cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2004 3:58:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I've been using it daily for a few weeks now, and right now I'm going to say it's just average. Not good, not bad. It has a nice lather and takes off makeup well, but my face is tight every time I use it, and I get dry flakes on the corners of my mouth and chin. However, I don't know if it's this product or just the ultra dry winter air, I've been having a hard time with my sensitive skin this winter. I'll come back and change this review in the spring if it starts to work better... but for now, it's nothing special.