September 21, 2014 | 1052 users online

Cleansers - Eucerin - Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2006 2:29:00 PM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is as gentle of a cleanser as you'll find on the market. It leaves my skin feeling soft and supple, like a baby's bottom. This is a great find and I'll continue to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2006 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Maginjira

It burns my skin as I apply it even though its supposed to be gentle for sensitive skin. It will not give you any suprises, negative or positive. Whilst it doesnt irritate my skin beyond the mild burning, it doesnt fight my zits either. For the price I paid, I was very disappointed. Am only using it because I have to finish the 3 bottles I bought at once. Thankfully, I have on bottle to go but to get to this, I had to keep stopping to use other products otherwise I was going crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2006 2:38:00 PM More reviews by reesespeeces

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is wonderful! It actually works as claimed.

When I first used it, I kept rinsing my face because I thought there was still some product left. But therein lies the beauty - it truly cleanses, moisturizes and removes face makeup without stripping the skin or causing a breakout. My skin feels soft like a baby's tush. Try it! You won't be able to stop touching your face or other body part that you choose to use it on.

If you have extremely dry skin and/or sensitivity to fragrance or flower derivatives, give this product a shot. For instance, previously I used the cleanser and gentle scrub for Oily Skin from the Good Skin line. It cleaned like a dream, but gave me the WORST breakout of my life. The culprit? Chamomille. I'm highly allergic and a lot of cleansers use derivatives of it or its cousin, feverfew.

Other pros are that Eucerin is available from quite a few drugstores as well as from their distributors online, is inexpensive (I paid $6 w/tax included for an 8 oz bottle) and has a nice consistency.

Ingredients are as follows: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG 5 Lanolate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth-10, Citric Acid, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Lanolin Alcohol, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2005 4:54:00 PM More reviews by memorybuilder

I am 40-ish with fair, combination, ultra sensitive and allergic skin. I can use this product with no irritation. It rinses clean and doesn't cause tightness for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2005 3:08:00 PM More reviews by FallenStar841

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far this cleanser is working well for me, my skin is combo-oily with the occasional break out. It reminds me a lot of Purpose Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser that was discontinued. Cleanses without stripping the moisture from my skin like it said. If you're looking for a no frills cleanser that gets the job done without the dryness give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2005 9:53:00 AM More reviews by emiliaestella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect cleanser for my combo/acne prone/sensitive skin. It never overstrips, and yet does not over moisturize (even though the name is "Gentle HYDRATING"). It actually removes all my m/u, even mascara, and all the other "gentle" cleansers I've tried could not do that. My skin is soft and smooth, not tight and begging for a moisturizer, after I wash. It's so inexpensive too! Definitely a HG! I just hope they don't d/c it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2005 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Andio

I bought this after reading the cosmetic cop's reviews. I was looking for a great inexpensive cleanser that would not strip my skin. I have combo skin in summer and winter. Winter tends to be a little dry but still have those areas where, if I apply a heavy cream, I will get break outs. I HATE BREAK OUT !!!This was the HG of all cleansers ...NEVER 1 SINGLE BREAKOUT. I buy it online 4 bottles at a time. Even turned my husband on to it and now his oily skin looks great. Best cleanser out there. Really removes makeup easily. A must try!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 1:36:00 PM More reviews by chitown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very mild and gentle on your face. Great when coming home and have that I HAVE TO WASH MY MAKEUP off my face feeling. Also I like to mix it with scrubs from other brands to lessen the concentration and harshness on my skin. I would compare it to Cetaphil just not as well known or easy to find. Plain jane pump container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2005 3:46:00 AM More reviews by imaladybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This low-lathering cleanser rinses well and leaves my sensitive, combination skin feeling really fresh without any tightness. Though it's labeled "hydrating" - I think people w/ dry skin may find they have to follow up w/ a moisturizer immediately after use. I plan to alternate this cleanser w/ Aveeno's Positively Radiant Cleansing Pads (my all time fav) or OoO's Daily Facials for sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2005 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Belier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this cleanser too drying for my dry skin. It left my face tight.