Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

3.9

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth 10, Citric Acid, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Lanolin Alcohol, Imidazolidinyl Urea

on 6/19/2006 3:49:00 PM

My dermatologist recommended this to me and I've been using it for years now. A great cleanser that cleaves my skin feeling clean but not dry (I have combo skin). The only other cleanser that I prefer is Glyderm Gentle Cleanser - also recommended by the doc - since it has a small % of glycolic acid in it or Yonka's Nettoyant Creme for winter.

on 3/4/2006 10:13:00 PM

I've been using this cleanser for about five years now, and love it. I've probably gone through at least twelve bottles in that time (it used to come in a 12-oz size, now it's 8 oz; I buy 4 at a time from drugstore.com, under $6 a bottle, lasts about a year). I would say the name, "Gentle Hydrating", is a misnomer. I have oily/blemish-prone skin and I would recommend it for normal to oily skintypes; not for dry skintypes, I think it would be much too drying. Rather than moisturizing, I would say it cleans thoroughly without stripping or overdrying and does not contribute to acne. It even removes most stubborn makeup and sunscreen. Bets of all, it is unscented and you only need half a pump to make a good lather. I have tried a ton of other cleansers, and I will occasionally stray, but always come back to Eucerin.

on 2/28/2006 8:00:00 AM

Same as Aquaphor Gentle Wash for Baby - just a basic detergent.

on 2/18/2006 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this because I think the Q10 moisturizer is so great. It foams up nicely, cleans without stripping but something in it irritates my skin. It's painful and makes me very red. I'm going to stick with Unicure for now.

on 2/7/2006 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is as gentle of a cleanser as you'll find on the market. It leaves my skin feeling soft and supple, like a baby's bottom. This is a great find and I'll continue to use.

on 1/29/2006 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It burns my skin as I apply it even though its supposed to be gentle for sensitive skin. It will not give you any suprises, negative or positive. Whilst it doesnt irritate my skin beyond the mild burning, it doesnt fight my zits either. For the price I paid, I was very disappointed. Am only using it because I have to finish the 3 bottles I bought at once. Thankfully, I have on bottle to go but to get to this, I had to keep stopping to use other products otherwise I was going crazy.

This cleanser is wonderful! It actually works as claimed.

When I first used it, I kept rinsing my face because I thought there was still some product left. But therein lies the beauty - it truly cleanses, moisturizes and removes face makeup without stripping the skin or causing a breakout. My skin feels soft like a baby's tush. Try it! You won't be able to stop touching your face or other body part that you choose to use it on.

If you have extremely dry skin and/or sensitivity to fragrance or flower derivatives, give this product a shot. For instance, previously I used the cleanser and gentle scrub for Oily Skin from the Good Skin line. It cleaned like a dream, but gave me the WORST breakout of my life. The culprit? Chamomille. I'm highly allergic and a lot of cleansers use derivatives of it or its cousin, feverfew.

Other pros are that Eucerin is available from quite a few drugstores as well as from their distributors online, is inexpensive (I paid $6 w/tax included for an 8 oz bottle) and has a nice consistency.

Ingredients are as follows: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG 5 Lanolate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth-10, Citric Acid, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Lanolin Alcohol, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

on 12/30/2005 4:54:00 PM

I am 40-ish with fair, combination, ultra sensitive and allergic skin. I can use this product with no irritation. It rinses clean and doesn't cause tightness for my skin.

on 11/23/2005 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So far this cleanser is working well for me, my skin is combo-oily with the occasional break out. It reminds me a lot of Purpose Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser that was discontinued. Cleanses without stripping the moisture from my skin like it said. If you're looking for a no frills cleanser that gets the job done without the dryness give this a try.

on 10/30/2005 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the perfect cleanser for my combo/acne prone/sensitive skin. It never overstrips, and yet does not over moisturize (even though the name is "Gentle HYDRATING"). It actually removes all my m/u, even mascara, and all the other "gentle" cleansers I've tried could not do that. My skin is soft and smooth, not tight and begging for a moisturizer, after I wash. It's so inexpensive too! Definitely a HG! I just hope they don't d/c it. :)