Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

3.9

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth 10, Citric Acid, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Lanolin Alcohol, Imidazolidinyl Urea

This cleanser didn't further strip my already dry skin - which, for its price, is not bad. I am also extremely acne prone and I haven't noticed any new breakouts with this cleanser. If it were actually hydrating that might be nice, but I'll settle for "not drying."

on 11/14/2006 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Like the last reviewer, I've tried a variety of cleansers but never been wedded to any of them over time. I've been using Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser which I liked over the summer, but found it left my skin too dry now that it's autumn. Hence, I dug in my stash of unused products and found my Eucerin cleanser, and it's just the ticket. It's not so much that it's hydrating -- more that it doesn't strip my skin. I love the way my skin feels after using it, and I'm no longer having a problem with dryness. It's a good, simple cleanser which easily cleans off makeup (even mascara) without leaving my skin dry or irritated. I've always read that if you're going to put money into a product, do so with your moisturizers, serums, etc -- not your cleansers. They're on your face so briefly you really don't get any extra benefit. So my Eucerin cleanser fits the bill!

on 10/6/2006 1:56:00 PM

I really, really like this cleanser. I have been using a variety of cleansers but was not particulary wedded to any of them. I have slightly oily but mature skin. I am interested in maintaining the oil that I have without using a product that would cause breakouts. I also prefer to spend my money on other products besides a cleanser.

This product does a good job without being too greasy and without stripping my skin. The price is right. It only takes a small amount.

Highly recommend to those with combo skin.

on 9/6/2006 8:24:00 PM

This is my fall back cleanser when my skin is irritated by new skin products LOL. It is perfect for my combo skin, leaving it clean, but not tight or stripped. Love the pump container too. My DH often borrows it too - now that says something! Probably not the best for really dry or oily skin, but just right for us combo gals and guys.

on 6/19/2006 3:49:00 PM

My dermatologist recommended this to me and I've been using it for years now. A great cleanser that cleaves my skin feeling clean but not dry (I have combo skin). The only other cleanser that I prefer is Glyderm Gentle Cleanser - also recommended by the doc - since it has a small % of glycolic acid in it or Yonka's Nettoyant Creme for winter.

on 3/4/2006 10:13:00 PM

I've been using this cleanser for about five years now, and love it. I've probably gone through at least twelve bottles in that time (it used to come in a 12-oz size, now it's 8 oz; I buy 4 at a time from drugstore.com, under $6 a bottle, lasts about a year). I would say the name, "Gentle Hydrating", is a misnomer. I have oily/blemish-prone skin and I would recommend it for normal to oily skintypes; not for dry skintypes, I think it would be much too drying. Rather than moisturizing, I would say it cleans thoroughly without stripping or overdrying and does not contribute to acne. It even removes most stubborn makeup and sunscreen. Bets of all, it is unscented and you only need half a pump to make a good lather. I have tried a ton of other cleansers, and I will occasionally stray, but always come back to Eucerin.

on 2/28/2006 8:00:00 AM

Same as Aquaphor Gentle Wash for Baby - just a basic detergent.

on 2/18/2006 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this because I think the Q10 moisturizer is so great. It foams up nicely, cleans without stripping but something in it irritates my skin. It's painful and makes me very red. I'm going to stick with Unicure for now.

on 2/7/2006 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is as gentle of a cleanser as you'll find on the market. It leaves my skin feeling soft and supple, like a baby's bottom. This is a great find and I'll continue to use.

on 1/29/2006 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It burns my skin as I apply it even though its supposed to be gentle for sensitive skin. It will not give you any suprises, negative or positive. Whilst it doesnt irritate my skin beyond the mild burning, it doesnt fight my zits either. For the price I paid, I was very disappointed. Am only using it because I have to finish the 3 bottles I bought at once. Thankfully, I have on bottle to go but to get to this, I had to keep stopping to use other products otherwise I was going crazy.