December 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 More reviews by evolxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The anti-bacterial quality of this soap convinced me to try it. I've read this gave good results to people with cystic acne and oily skin, so I bought two, one for my face and one for my body. I've been using this bar for a month, and I haven't noticed any unusual dryness except around my lips and the corners of my mouth. However, it does a good job at drying out any pimples, and it has helped calm some of the redness on my face. I wouldn't say it eradicates blemishes, but it seems to help in the healing process.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this soap gave me whiteheads. i suspect its from the petrolatum. i have switched to purpose cleansing bar and so far im liking it better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ckafader

This is a staple in my beauty bag. I tried the moisturizer after reading a few articles in beauty mags and thought I'd give their brand a try. I bought the moisterizer (pump-bottle) and the antibacterial bar. I prefer the bar because it's easier to pack and is never going to explode all over my clothes. I first noticed the smell of the bar cleaner- it's really nice, like a light musk, but it doesn't smell cheap even though it's one of the cheapest products on the shelf. Loved the soap, it made my skin feel clean and didn't leave any kind of residue. The regular bar (non anti-bacterial is good too). I've stayed with this product for a few months and have no complaints. I just use it with my washcloth. I honestly can't wait to see how it handles the summer heat. Unfortunately, I had to pass on the moisturizer, which didn't moisturize and clogged my pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Titmice

Hm, hard to remember when, I started using this product. Bad decision on my part. It can be deceiving since, it never caused me any breakouts, but dried out my face, which eventually created roughness, noticed clogged pores in my cheeks, nose, chin. Now, I really gave this facial bar a chance. I never assumed it was the culprit of the clogging. (At the time, all I was using on my skin was this, retin-A, clindoxyl, and olay's daily regenerating serum). Then reading somewhere that bars aren't meant for the face... I switched to Clinique's mild liquid facial soap. 3 Weeks or so have gone by since the switch and my skin is already smoother, naturally moist, and finally blackheads are disappearing. Don't put your skin through hell like I did!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Tabisu

I bought this soap to clean my new piercing.
There I was in the shower, fiddling with my ear, and without thinking I started washing my face with the soap.
"It's okay," I told myself, "I'm pretty sure it's made for face washing anyways..."
Unfortunately this product DRIED (like... craaaazy dry) out my skin. You know the kind of dry that takes heavy moisturizing to undo...
I'm thinking this soap isn't for the casual user.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Krissydawn

This has worked wonders on my face after only five days! I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and since using this soap my blackheads are less noticeble, whiteheads are almost gone, and the red, cystic type zits on my jawline have cleared up. My two-year-old even noticed - saying that the boo-boos on mommy's face are all gone. Made my day!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jjtexasgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser. I usually use Noxema Triple Clean Antibacterial cleanser but I still get a little dryness from it. This Cetaphil is a tad more gentle, but still does a great job of removing my makeup, including eye makeup. It's a mild scent, not too drying (though I think it would be for dry skin, mine is combo). However, it has not stopped my acne. I'm having hormonal issues and nothing seems to be working in that area, but as a good basic cleanser, I think this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by et123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so glad I found this. My acne prone skin is also very sensitive and cracks and peels in the dry west coast weather. This helps with my break outs, doesn't dry out my skin, and has a very nice lather!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by apabbott

Lovely! I heard some others comment on not using this for dry skin, but right now it has done fine for my dry patches. I use it with a washcloth to help remove dead skin. It is very gentle and has a nice smell. My skin looks healthier, smoother, and I have less acne.

The price is unbeatable when considering this as a facial cleanser. It lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by malemodel2287

I started using the cleanser when I was going through acne troubles. Have not had one break out since using it! Cheap! Lasts Forever! It Works! I follow it with Purpose oil free facial lotion. Sometimes the simple basic product is the answer