April 17, 2014 | 1414 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by apabbott

Lovely! I heard some others comment on not using this for dry skin, but right now it has done fine for my dry patches. I use it with a washcloth to help remove dead skin. It is very gentle and has a nice smell. My skin looks healthier, smoother, and I have less acne.

The price is unbeatable when considering this as a facial cleanser. It lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by malemodel2287

I started using the cleanser when I was going through acne troubles. Have not had one break out since using it! Cheap! Lasts Forever! It Works! I follow it with Purpose oil free facial lotion. Sometimes the simple basic product is the answer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by kims3142

I get cystic pimples at times & I feel that this does keep the bacteria in control. I especially like it when I have an "exposed" pimple.

King of expensive for bar soap ($4.59), but I'm using it for my face, so actually really cheap.

Takes off all of my make up too, not too drying for an anti-bacterial soap. I have very oily skin & sometimes I feel that it's not taking off ALL of my oil for that squeaky feeling, but that's actually very bad for your skin.

It took me a long time to actually use oils & to leave my damn face alone, and things have been much better for me.

Great soap-I like the smell too, very simple & clean-for acne prone, oily skin NOT FOR DRY SKIN.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

This is too intense for my rosacea, but works like a charm on the rest of my body.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by kingspanky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use the Dove Sensitive bars; it was mild and didn't seem to exacerbate my acne. But I would still get one pimple or so--figured it was just me.

But looked at acne.org, and this is among the very highest rated facial bars. I've been using it for a month, and *not one zit.* Redness from Renova and just generally sensitive skin is greatly reduced, and I don't *need* tinted moisturizer to go out in public. HG material, but don't want to jinx it.

EDIT: Jinx took. Started drying me out, just like everyone else. Replaced with Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe, which is a godsend, and am not looking back.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by funchic

I have repurchased this at least 5 times. Several times I've strayed to other face washes or bar soaps and I always come back to this. It gently cleans my face, without leaving it dry or tight feeling. I have medium oily skin, that gets dry in places. I am breakout prone and this has never caused break outs for me. It has a nice "non-scent" which doesn't irritate. I use it on my body too. Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Simpson

I have found that using Cetaphil along with my deodorant to help stop my underarm odor. Triclosan is what kills the bacteria that causes odor.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by mooriah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I have tried so many acne products and just got sick of wasting money and time on kits (three, four, five steps -- is that really necessary?) that I just through this soap bar in my shopping cart at Target. It costs around $3.50 and last just as long as any other bar of soap. I use it once in the morning in the shower and sometimes before I go to bed. It has worked great. I have sensitive skin; I am very, very pale and when my face gets irritated I see patches of red, really noticeable skin. Since I've been using this soap bar, I've had a steady reduction of acne and my face doesn't get irritated. Perhaps it's because this doesn't dry out my skin or maybe it's because there's only one step, but it's really helped me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by jcwalton88

I got this shipped from America to the UK because I heard it was so good. eveytime i read something about skin conditions, there would be Cetaphil cleansers recommended, so I brought two bars of the stuff.... the first time i washed with it my skin was pretty good.... it didnt feel tight at all.... but the more times i washed with it my skin broke out, became red, and hurt when applying makeup or when i even touched my face.... I applied Olay total effects sensitive after washing with this... and it SEEMED to get rid of the tight feeling... but it didnt hide the fact my face was red, and full of spots... I think it may have been the triclosan in it.... I wouldnt recommend for dry sensitive skin at all... maybe oily, and acne-prone....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by dpmsll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my third bar right now! I love it! I didn't realize that I loved it so much when i bought the basis sensitive skin bar when my drugstore ran out of the cetaphil bar. The basis bar made my skin soo itchy and it broke me out! I was soo upset, I threw that away and bought the cetaphil antibacterial bar somewhere else. and now my skin is back to normal, no breakouts! i love this bar. I dont know if its the triclosan because some say it doesn't help with breakouts and others say that it does.. whatever it is..its working on me! it removes my make up very well too! i would stamp this as my HG because it works. this doesn't leave me tight or dry..which is excellent. I would definitely repurchase... as you can tell from the beginning of this review.. its my third bar!