August 23, 2014 | 1733 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Titmice

Hm, hard to remember when, I started using this product. Bad decision on my part. It can be deceiving since, it never caused me any breakouts, but dried out my face, which eventually created roughness, noticed clogged pores in my cheeks, nose, chin. Now, I really gave this facial bar a chance. I never assumed it was the culprit of the clogging. (At the time, all I was using on my skin was this, retin-A, clindoxyl, and olay's daily regenerating serum). Then reading somewhere that bars aren't meant for the face... I switched to Clinique's mild liquid facial soap. 3 Weeks or so have gone by since the switch and my skin is already smoother, naturally moist, and finally blackheads are disappearing. Don't put your skin through hell like I did!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Tabisu

I bought this soap to clean my new piercing.
There I was in the shower, fiddling with my ear, and without thinking I started washing my face with the soap.
"It's okay," I told myself, "I'm pretty sure it's made for face washing anyways..."
Unfortunately this product DRIED (like... craaaazy dry) out my skin. You know the kind of dry that takes heavy moisturizing to undo...
I'm thinking this soap isn't for the casual user.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Krissydawn

This has worked wonders on my face after only five days! I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and since using this soap my blackheads are less noticeble, whiteheads are almost gone, and the red, cystic type zits on my jawline have cleared up. My two-year-old even noticed - saying that the boo-boos on mommy's face are all gone. Made my day!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jjtexasgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser. I usually use Noxema Triple Clean Antibacterial cleanser but I still get a little dryness from it. This Cetaphil is a tad more gentle, but still does a great job of removing my makeup, including eye makeup. It's a mild scent, not too drying (though I think it would be for dry skin, mine is combo). However, it has not stopped my acne. I'm having hormonal issues and nothing seems to be working in that area, but as a good basic cleanser, I think this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by et123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so glad I found this. My acne prone skin is also very sensitive and cracks and peels in the dry west coast weather. This helps with my break outs, doesn't dry out my skin, and has a very nice lather!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by apabbott

Lovely! I heard some others comment on not using this for dry skin, but right now it has done fine for my dry patches. I use it with a washcloth to help remove dead skin. It is very gentle and has a nice smell. My skin looks healthier, smoother, and I have less acne.

The price is unbeatable when considering this as a facial cleanser. It lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by malemodel2287

I started using the cleanser when I was going through acne troubles. Have not had one break out since using it! Cheap! Lasts Forever! It Works! I follow it with Purpose oil free facial lotion. Sometimes the simple basic product is the answer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by kims3142

I get cystic pimples at times & I feel that this does keep the bacteria in control. I especially like it when I have an "exposed" pimple.

King of expensive for bar soap ($4.59), but I'm using it for my face, so actually really cheap.

Takes off all of my make up too, not too drying for an anti-bacterial soap. I have very oily skin & sometimes I feel that it's not taking off ALL of my oil for that squeaky feeling, but that's actually very bad for your skin.

It took me a long time to actually use oils & to leave my damn face alone, and things have been much better for me.

Great soap-I like the smell too, very simple & clean-for acne prone, oily skin NOT FOR DRY SKIN.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

This is too intense for my rosacea, but works like a charm on the rest of my body.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by kingspanky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use the Dove Sensitive bars; it was mild and didn't seem to exacerbate my acne. But I would still get one pimple or so--figured it was just me.

But looked at acne.org, and this is among the very highest rated facial bars. I've been using it for a month, and *not one zit.* Redness from Renova and just generally sensitive skin is greatly reduced, and I don't *need* tinted moisturizer to go out in public. HG material, but don't want to jinx it.

EDIT: Jinx took. Started drying me out, just like everyone else. Replaced with Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe, which is a godsend, and am not looking back.