Essie Fiji

3.5

on 9/30/2012 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is SUCH a cute color! It reminds me of pale strawberry milk in certain lights. The formula of this polish is kind of on the streaky side, but I found I can avoid a streaky look by applying 2 medium-thick coats rather than 3-4 thin coats like I normally would. It gives my nails such a clean sophisticated look. Overall I really like this. :3 Since I haven't had it for that long, I don't know if I can truly give it a 5 yet. I might come back and change this later.

on 9/23/2012 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't have any problems with the application of this nailpolish, it's opaque in two layers without being streaky. I read allot of complaints about this polish and I don't know if the European bottles are different from the VS bottles (or that I got a good bottle?), because we only got these in drugstores recently with a new formula and a wider brush. This is a milky pinkish/white nailpolish that can make your hands look a little tanner and gives your nails a polished clean look. I love it and I would repurchase again!

on 9/2/2012 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wish there was a maybe option for the would you buy this product again! I'm really on the fence with this nail polish. I ultimately gave it a 4 because I do love the color and believe it does have a place in my expansive collection.

Application is a mess. I'm an experienced nail polisher and I still needed three coats to get satisfactory coverage. It doesn't have that glossy smooth look that most nail polishes impart (due to the inconsistency of its texture) and it takes a while to dry because you do need to use fairly thick layers of it. I have this on my nails and toes at the moment and it looks cute, and makes you look really tan, which makes this a great summer shade. I have a warm-toned, slightly tanned complexion and it's been very difficult for me to find a milky pink that doesn't make my skin look ashy or strange, and Essie Fiji fits the bill. However, I'd say those looking for a milky pink that complements warm skin tones should check out Revlon Peach Petal, it's slightly warmer and peachier, but it has a similar effect overall, and is a bit easier to work with.

on 8/30/2012 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wanted a opaque almost-white pink nail polish for so long, and I was so excited when a found this nail polish! But when I actually tried it, it got horribly streaky, and just way too runny, and I ended up having to put on five coats! And then of course it took way too long to dry, and got all messed up. But because the other Essie nail polishes aren't like that I thought, maybe it's just because I'm not great at applying nail polish. So I asked my sister to apply it for me, and it ended up the same way :(. Plus, eight dollars is a lot for a nail polish, and this definitely was not worth it. I would never repurchase this product and would not recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm torn with this polish - firstly I love the color. It's an opaque baby pink that just makes your hands look classy and polished. But.... I find the formulation streaky and hard to apply. Maybe I just need to get better at doing my own nails?

on 8/23/2012 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I gave it 3 stars mainly for the beautiful color. But I am quite dissatisfied with the formula. It definitely takes a lot of practice to get the hang of doing a decent job with this polish. I think after 2 coats you can get rid of the streakiness, but there's is still something left to be desired. Idk, I can get it to work decent enough, but i will try to find a dupe which has a better fomula so i will not repurchase this.

And essie brushes! my gosh cant you put in a decent brush in it for 8 dollars, essie???

on 8/21/2012 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My absolute favorite nail polish. The perfect opaque baby pink color in my opinion. It makes you nails look clean. Need 3 coats to not be streaky but I don't mind. Essies formula is amazing! Looks perfect on nails or toes :)

on 8/15/2012 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am really not sure why so many people are having trouble with the formula of this polish. Essie polishes can sometimes be very difficult to work with but I think this is one of the better ones. With a decent base coat, I can get it opaque in one thin coat, and another thicker one on top. And for such a pale pink polish, it's one of the better ones I've tried. All this beautiful polish needs is a bit of patience and a steady hand.

on 8/15/2012 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm new to MakeUp Alley and although I love nail polish, (I literally have hundreds!) I am new to the Essie brand. While out shopping in London the other day, noticing that no other brands had the shade I was looking for, I went over to the Essie counter where they had "best seller" Fiji. I have to say I wasn't totally sure how it would look once on my nails, but was swayed by the "best seller" label! I put it on (2 coats til it looks perfect) and added my Seche Vite over the top (my absolute favourite fast-drying top coat.) Was really impressed with results! I have had it on for about 3 days now and it hasn't chipped once. Usually I'm painting my nails every day or every other day, as polish always chips or peels. This hasn't yet, so I'm very happy with it - will definitely buy Essie again! :)

on 8/15/2012 12:43:00 AM

if i could only wear one color on my nails, it would definitely be essie's fiji.. HOWEVER i absolutely hate hate hate how this applies! its very streaky upon the first coat, better opacity on the second, but if you really want full opacity, a third coat is just a no go -- by the time you get to a third coat, it just becomes very sloppy and goopy with a thick appearance of polish on your nail. i personally love this color so much, i do feel like fighting with application is worth it, just hope that your bottle is a "good batch!"

Top Rated Essie Products