August 23, 2014 | 1726 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by underage

My absolute favorite nail polish. The perfect opaque baby pink color in my opinion. It makes you nails look clean. Need 3 coats to not be streaky but I don't mind. Essies formula is amazing! Looks perfect on nails or toes :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am really not sure why so many people are having trouble with the formula of this polish. Essie polishes can sometimes be very difficult to work with but I think this is one of the better ones. With a decent base coat, I can get it opaque in one thin coat, and another thicker one on top. And for such a pale pink polish, it's one of the better ones I've tried. All this beautiful polish needs is a bit of patience and a steady hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Mazwoldb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm new to MakeUp Alley and although I love nail polish, (I literally have hundreds!) I am new to the Essie brand. While out shopping in London the other day, noticing that no other brands had the shade I was looking for, I went over to the Essie counter where they had "best seller" Fiji. I have to say I wasn't totally sure how it would look once on my nails, but was swayed by the "best seller" label! I put it on (2 coats til it looks perfect) and added my Seche Vite over the top (my absolute favourite fast-drying top coat.) Was really impressed with results! I have had it on for about 3 days now and it hasn't chipped once. Usually I'm painting my nails every day or every other day, as polish always chips or peels. This hasn't yet, so I'm very happy with it - will definitely buy Essie again! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by stephsquared

if i could only wear one color on my nails, it would definitely be essie's fiji.. HOWEVER i absolutely hate hate hate how this applies! its very streaky upon the first coat, better opacity on the second, but if you really want full opacity, a third coat is just a no go -- by the time you get to a third coat, it just becomes very sloppy and goopy with a thick appearance of polish on your nail. i personally love this color so much, i do feel like fighting with application is worth it, just hope that your bottle is a "good batch!"

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The only way I can describe this color is playboy bunny whitish pink.
Really though maybe it's my skin color or something but it just looked so gross on my hands. I've seen so many awards for this shade in magazines so I was disappointed, but hey, maybe it's not for everyone.
Also what's up with Essie's applicator brushes? This one was long and scraggly and falling apart!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by marilynlovesyouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Essie's Fiji!
I can't sum up how much I love fiji!
I picked this nailpolish up on a impulse buy, because I liked the promising light white-ish pink and the name.
I put it on the second I got home, and i've got to say, it applied better than any nailpolish I have ever had! The polish even itself out as it dried, and it wasnt streaky AT ALL! I must have gotten lucky, judging from the complaints of streaky formulas. takes me 2 coats for it to look EXACTLY like it does in the bottle.
I scored this on sale for 7.99 CDN at my local SDM. Pricey, but still cheaper than my employee discount! I always wait for Essie polishes to reach that price before I buy any.
As you wear the polish, it becomes more peachy-white than pinky white, for me anyways!
The color makes my hands look clean & feminine, but it doesnt make me look tan!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by sekamarkic

This is my go-to polish. Keep in mind application DOES take patience. While many say three coats allows for an opaque finish, two thicker coats is just as good. Makes your hands and feet look nice and tanned and is perfect for summer time. I however use it all year round because I love it that much! I will continue to repurchase this product forever and if it was ever discontinued I would probably break down into tears.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by michellekim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fiji is such a pretty pale white-pink colour, and like the other reviewers say - it does make you appear more tan, which I love.

However, application is definitely tricky; it is streaky and takes 3+ coats for opacity and streaks will still remain... Streakiness is inevitable with this shade. A top coat helps clean it up a bit, though. Yet, I still love this colour and it looks great on toes too :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by chasea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

fiji is my first essie nail varnish and i love the colour! however, on my student budget i don't love the price...don't think i've ever spent 7.99 on a nail varnish before! also i'm not keen on the application either....applied four thin coats at about 4pm and thought by 11pm they would have dried; woke up in the morning with duvet prints all over them! but its not too noticeable and its such a pretty summery colour (:

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Chinadoll3

I hate this nail polish, I hate it with a passion. As my first (and only!) Essie nail polish i had high hopes, i saw it in the shop and the milky pink drew me in. I assumed it would either transfer as a smooth and creamy pale pink or as a sheer glossy colour; both appropriate for school. I was horribly mistaken. When i put the first coat on it looked streaky and cheap, I popped on a second coat: still not opaque, and definitely to streaky to pass for sheer, third coat: messy and thick. Finally deciding i had nothing to loose, went on to a forth: thick, gloopy, patchy, white nails. The pink seems to dissapear and the resulting colour is unflattering and fake. Also i takes forever to dry due to the amount of layers and dents and smudges really easily, if you can get passed that its actually fairly long wearing, but i never leave it on long enough to test its longevity. HATE HATE HATE this, save your self the frustration and money, dont get it.