August 29, 2014 | 1740 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Kexner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a flattering nude lip forever and finally found it! They all were either too orange or maked me look like grey death warmed over. But this has just enough pink to be the perfect nude for my full, medium pigmented lips. Reminds me of a creamy version of a MLBB color, wonderful texture and nice slip. A touch of nude gloss on top and even I'm able to rock the nude lip look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE: Ugh, this is why I review things, but I forgot to check and rebought this. I still hate it. It looks like perfection on the back of my hand. But, oy vey, when I gets on my lips it is this slightly mauve toned stone color...very stone like.

ORIGINAL POST: IMO, this is a 90's MLBB. It is a rosey pink brown lip color that definitely skews more brown. It looks pinky rosey on the lips, but muddier. The color itself, looks pretty. But when you step away, you feel like you are in an episode of 90210 when they were in college. Also, I have naturally rosey brown pigmented lips, so this just comes off as even darker and more muddy than my natural lip color. Not repulsive on me, but not my style any more (as it is 2011 :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by everygirllovesmakeup

color is nice and awesome. really moisturizing :) staying power is great too!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by wonderdreamz

TONE: NC 30

The color is quite dark, so therefore i wouldn't apply a lot or else it would overwhelm your face.

PROS:
-HIGHLY Pigmented
-XTREMELY creamy
-long lasting

CONS:
-quite dark if applied too much

I dont like this lipstick because it is too heavy and it feels like an extra layer on your lips

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

NYX rounds are my HG lipsticks. They're cheap enough that I can loose them (which I do) and its not an issue.
awesome everyday color

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by epaton

I have such a hard time finding lipsticks that suit me! Thalia is a perfect, slightly lighter than my natural lip color lipstick.
Really creamy and flattering.

And for the price? AMAZING! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Daniela2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love NYX lipstick. It's cheap, applies evenly and makes my lips pretty smooth. This color, however, is sooo not for my skintone. I have paler olive skin and very pigmented lips. The color swatch online was gorgeous and not even close to what came out of the tube for me. It went on a greyish, pinkish purple. It reminds me of Angelina Jolie's signature lipcolor. Would probably look gorgeous on women with similar coloring.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by dcappelut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading everyone's positive reviews on this, i went out to buy it. When i put this on my lips however, I was disappointed to see a really dead mauvey color that left my face looking extremely washed out somehow. It is the weirdest, most unflattering color i've ever tried on. Thank goodness it didn't cost me much. I'm going to give it to a friend now... hopefully it will suit them better.

For reference im an NC30 (yellow undertoned).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by sululu

This is my favorite NYX lipstick color so far. I have very pigmented lips and nc30-35 warm skin. Thalia is a MLBB mauve that tones down the color of my lips by a tad. This shade is lighter than B52 as that color darkened my lips instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful pinky mauve. Smooth, non drying texture. Super flattering on light skin tones! Definitely a staple in my lipstick drawer. My mom agrees as well. Every time she chooses a lipstick blindly, she ends up picking this one (lol).