Aveeno Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

3.6

Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Isoceteth 20, Laureth 7, Methyl Gluceth 20, Polyacrylamide, PPG 10 Cetyl Ether, Water

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this moisturizer since I was in highschool & I'm 24 now. I don't use it all the time but its good if I have a dry patch or need some acne fighting overnight moisture. I don't like it for day wear because it can get oily looking in hot weather. Also, sometimes if I use this on acne/healing acne it makes the spots red. The redness goes away after a few minutes so I think it may just be the SA targeting the bacteria. Even though I don't use this consistently I would repurchase because its nice to have on hand. I think I would feel something missing if I didn't have it.

I bought this because my face was oily and dry and I needed a moisturizer that wouldn't break out my already broken out skin. Ever since I turned 20 my skin turned on me and broke out something awful. This in combination with noxzema acne clearing pads have cleared my skin almost all the way up. I still have a little acne on my chin but is going away. I love this moisturizer it does not irritate my sensitive skin like everything else I've tried. I am 21, almost 22 now and my skin looks amazing. I have gotten compliments on how good and clear my complexion is. If you can't tell from my reviews I am a product junkie. I have lots of full products around that I don't use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this moisturizer. It is absorbed fast so my face doesn't feel oily and it really does moisturize my face. It has a fresh, fairly light scent that I really like. I've noticed that it really does clear my skin and improve my complexion overall. Would definitely recommend.

My skin: my skin is senstive oily around my T-zone and normal on my cheeks. Before using this product I had blackheads and pimples around my nose/cheek area, forehead, chin and tiny skin coloured bumps all over because of a bad product I was using for a year:(
How I use it: I use this day and night. During the day I use this under my bb cream and at night I use it with my burts bees night cream. I also like to dab the product on exsisting pimples and add extra on my known trouble zone.

Results: my face has cleared up significantly since I started using this again. I am on my secound bottle and already bought a back up. This doesn't clog my pores or cause me to break out. My skin looks clearer, smoother and upon applying healthier/brighter. I also believe its faded my acne scars. I had a really big problem with blackheads even when i used this 3 years ago and its always cleared it up.

Packaging: this comes in a box with the ingredients and product details on the back. The product is stored in a hygenic pump bottle that twists into a lock to prevent it being pushed. My only complaint is that the lotion dries up in the hole where it comes out :/ and you have to pick it out..feels like a waste.

Price: I get this at superstore for about$ 20 canadian. Sometimes it goes on sale for around $16 cdn. 1 bottle lasts me around 4-5 months(day and night) which is pretty cheap for how long it lasts :)

Overall I am extremely happy with this product because it is perfect for my skin. Doesn't break me out, irritate and has improved my skin significantly. Already so far I've owned 4 bottles :)
(i also used this product when I was in grade 8 and I had no problems with my skin at that time I think this is why xD)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product has me confused. Usually I like or dislike a product but with this one...I am in between. While I like the scent of this lotion and how it quickly absorb, at the same time I don't feel like it's doing what it's advertising. It says that it is supposed to clear your skin but it hasn't cleared up my skin at all (been using this for 3 months). Overall, I don't feel this is worth the money because it is supposed to be both a skin clearer and a moisturizer when it is only one of the two.

I love this moisturizer. my friend recommended it and it is now my favourite and probably the only moisturizer i have ever used consecutively for over a year. It soothes my acne prone skin, controls the oil, doesn't make my t-zone shiny and works amazing whether i am having a super oily day or dry skin due to changing weather.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I had a bad reaction to a Neutrogena product and was once again I was on the market for some skin care goodies to take care of my hormonal breakouts but also help calm my skin down from the horrible reaction I had had. I ended up buying the Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer and the corresponding cream cleanser (which I have also reviewed). Before this I was using the Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Creme which don't get me wrong, I liked it but it didn't help with my breakouts. I'm usually a gel moisturizer person as I hadnt found a cream facial moisturizer that I liked. I bought the Aveeno Clear Complexion set and WOW, it's great! I'm not gonna review the Cleanser because I have already but the moisturizer is also wonderful. It smells nice, very clean and fresh. Not strong like there could be funky chemicals in it. It's not greasy or heavy at all. Makes my skin so soft and smooth. I have oily/combo skin and it did NOT make me oilier than usual. It actually helped with my oiliness. It also helps with my breakouts! I've had nothing but good results from this. One thing I will say is that there is quite a difference in price between this moisturizer and the corresponding cream cleanser. The cleanser was about 7-8 dollars and the moisturizer was 14-15. I'm not sure why but it won't stop me from repurchasing it because I definitely believe it's worth the money. It's 7 dollars more than the Garnier one I was using previously but the results I get from this one can't even be compared to the Garnier one. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that needs a good acne clearing moisturizer. Love this and love Aveeno products! Will continue using this. My search is over!.

Didn't like. While it sinks in pretty well to a mostly matte finish, I got oilier quicker using this. It also had an overwhelming chemical scent. I have used other salicylic acid containing products that didn't smell like this so I dont know what it is. But I feel like I am dousing my face in chemicals when I apply this. I could've gotten over the smell perhaps if it worked but it didn't. I am not giving it a horrible score because it wasn't awful, someone who doesnt need the matte finish to hold up may like this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Although I love Aveeno products, this one did not pass the test. It made me look like I'm ready to harvest rice! Yes, whiteheads all over my face! This was my first and very last purchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

At first I REALLY liked this product but after a while it started to feel like it was making my skin tight and drying it out. Also, this product has a slight oily finish to it but will dry after about 10 minutes.