Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub

3.9

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Stearic acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylates, Crosspolymer, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Salicylic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Agar, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Red 30 Lake, Fragrance

****UPDATE: I've been using this since November, and I love it. It's the best scrub I've come across. It's VERY gentle but effective, and my skin never feels stripped after use. I haven't been using this every day, but I think I'm going to start since reading an article by Paula B detailing why daily exfoliation is in fact good for your skin (provided you're not using a scrub like St. Ives that has huge, rough exfoliating particles in it... my dermatologist told me using St. Ives is the equivalent of rubbing your face on concrete - it creates damaging micro-tears in your skin). I'm also in love with the fact that this product contains BHA!
--------
Purchased this yesterday when I was out of town and ran out of my Visibly Even Cleanser (which is really more of scrub/cleanser). I'm very happy with this so far. I was a little skeptical of a scrub recommended for daily use, but this morning is my third use of this product and I can already see that it really does slough off dry skin. This is pretty essential for me at this point in my life, since I have a lot of dry skin on and around my nose and mouth. I also have a lot of blackheads on my nose (and some on my chin as well), and the first time I used this it totally uprooted one of the really bad ones. I was pretty impressed. I prefer to use this with a washcloth since that really helps to dislodge and wash away the stuff this product clears out of my pores (this morning I could see the stuff it had cleared out sitting on top of my skin since I didn't use a washcloth... impressive.) So far this also does a great job of helping with acne (totally reduced the effects of a painful zit I had ealier this morning before I washed) and reducing the appearance of my pores (very large on my nose and upper cheeks).

Anywho, I will update in a few weeks. But so far so great. I always make sure to use some sort of sunscreen in the morning, and the directions on the back of this product recommend it. I find this works very well so far when combined with Neutrogena Sheer sunblock (I use SPF 45)... FYI: I don't use the one specifically for the face and it has never broken me out.

I picked this up based on the high ratings on MUA and in addition to Paula B's recommendations. I purchased this on sale for $4.50 which was a great steal of a deal!
Overall I really liked this scrub. I found it gentle enough for me to use daily. I have not had any issues with dryness or irritation and leaves my skin feeling soft & smooth.
The smell is a pleasant citrus scent that I really enjoy, especially first thing in the morning when I'm trying to wake-up.
The only minor issue that I had to knock off a lippie for is the excessive rinsing that is required to remove the scrub. It is a minor issue I'm willing to live with, compared to how well it works.

I'm on my second(almost gone:c) tube of this. I use it for scrubing off my makeup at the end of the day and it works perfectly. I use a nickle size amount on a face cleaning brush and work it into a nice lather all over my face in small circles. It has this refreshing tingling/cooling effect and I sometimes like to leave it on a few minutes after scrubing because it feels so good.
Totally a repurchase.=D

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

It breaks me out evey time I use it. I use it in the shower so that all the beads will wash off and I use it very gently (no scrubing) and break out every time!. It is damaging to my skin and I do not have acne or dry/oily skin but sensitive skin.

Clears up pimples? Not for me. I didn't see anything happen with my skin. The reason this review is so short: nothing happened.

Bottom line: my pimples stayed the same. Didn't get worse, but didn't get better, either.

Will NOT buy again. I'd rather try something new.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am officially in love with all Neutrogena scrubs. This is the fourth one I've tried and was 100% happy with. Neutrogena hasn't let me down yet. This is an excellent, affordable, but effective and dependable product. I think I paid $6.00 for this at Walmart, and between my fiance and I this should last between three weeks and a month. The scrub has a unique smell, just like orange tic-tacs. It's creamy but exfoliates fairly well. Enough to remove makeup, but I still like to use a better exfoliant every few days to remove any buildup of dead skin and so on. My face feels clean and I never find any makeup residue (not even mascara) after using this. I've been in the mist of a move and very stressed the past two weeks, causing my skin to break out for the first time in a long time. Lucky for me, Neutrogena came through and helped to stop the breakouts and clear up the ones I was developing. This is 100% worth a try, along with their other scrubs including Oil Free Acne Scrub, Deep Clean Invigorating Scrub, and Fresh Foaming Scrub.

I don't have acne so i cannot really judge on how this would help it but since using this my skin has been so much smoother! It is a great exfoliating product, in fact i use it all over my body as a scrub so i can get a better self-tanner application.

The scrubbing grains is not as gentle as I thought it would be. It has the same scrubbing grains as the grapefruit foaming scrub. I do like this scrub because it doesn't dry out my skin and I use benzoyl peroxide to control my acne. I also like the citrus smell of the scrub. I stopped using this product because it made me break out in little bumps.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This was an okay product. My skin felt smooth and clean after using it, but I didn't notice any real changes in acne or pore size. I'm going to try some other scrubs, this wasn't worth running back to.

I like the smell and the scrubbing beads, but the product is almost impossible to rinse off! When I decided it wasn't worth using tons of water to try and get it off my face, I decided to try to use it in the shower and when I got done with my shower there were blobs of product sitting on the bottom of the tub. The tube went straight into the trash. Back to the drawing board for a gentle, effective, inexpensive scrub.