April 16, 2014 | 965 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Herbal Recovery Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by rubykiwi

Ingredients (using common name over scientific when available to save my poor eyes and fingers):

Aqua; glycerin; alcohol; evening primrose oil; panax ginseng root extract; gingko biloba leaf extract; licorice root extract; rose gallica flower extract; chamomilla recutita flower extract; marshmallow root extract; echinacea purpurea extract; calendula officinalis flower extract; violet extract; heartease extract; spilanthes acemella flower extract; bellis perennis (daisy) flower extract; chickweed extract; black elder flower extract; xanthan gum; rose hip fruit oil; PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate; jojoba seed oil; aloe barbadensis leaf extract; fragrance (parfum)*, grapefruit seed extract; lactic acid; sodium hydroxymethylglycinate; vitamin c, a, and e; linalool*; geraniol*; citronellol*. eugenol*; benzyl benzoate*; limonene*.

* from natural essential oil (chamomile - chamomilla recituta (matricaria); rose - rosa centifolia)

About me: 23y/o Asian w/acne prone skin.

Much to expensive for me to repurchase. I brought it during a sephora sale due to the great reviews. I've been using it for about a week without any wow factor. Strong but pleasant scent. I didn't notice any changes in my skin at all - I use it with Cetaphil cleanser, Shiseido Balencing Softener and Merlot Grape Seed Moisterizer. A little goes a long way but due to the huge list of ingredients, I wonder how much of each plant extract actually touches your skin enough to make a difference?? I can use about 4 tiny droplet sized amount of gel for my entire face.

I rate it a 3 instead of a 1 as of now only because it's too early for me to really make a definitive rating. Will update w/progress

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by anpanman

I have really dehydrated skin. I have tried many products on the market to help me lock in the moisture in my skin. Nothing seems to be working. I bought this on my trip to Australia 3 months ago and only really started to use it now. It's great! the only thing tht locks in moisture. I can't believe how soft and smooth my skin is. I will keep using it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't really comment on the packaging other than to say that the glass bottle looks really pretty, as I received 3 sample sachets. The sachets lasted along time, almost 2 months, I was only using it at night and I only needed a small amount. The gel smells great, absorbs quickly and feels so soothing, It helped to heal a small patch of seborrheic dermatitis on my cheek. Overall it definitely made my skin feel and look smoother and didn't make me break out. According to Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel is anti-aging and firming. I think I would have to use this for a longer time to really see more results. Its unlikely I would actually purchase this product because it is really expensive and I didn't have "wow" results with it. I did like how it added moisture without being heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by curlytexan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Herbal Recovery Gel in several different variations, Rebalance Dryness and Rebalance Sensitivity and I've really enjoyed using this product. My skin is really sensitive and gets red and dry easily with most products. I like the Jurlique line because it is natural and does not irritate at all. My skin feels smooth after applying the gel which is light and refreshing. The smell is fantastic. I highly recommend this product and other Jurlique products as well, especially for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Kaijia

what i love about this product is that it's highly moisturising, but extremely light. i've been using this for about 3 months now, and i've noticed gradual, subtle improvements in my skin. that's taking into account 2 full months of hardcore sun exposure- frolicking in the sun for 6 hrs a day in brasil and west africa. it hydrates my skin perfectly without a single trace of greasiness, absorbs almost instantly, leaves it feeling delightfully refreshed and smells heavenly. i'm a definite convert.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its great for sensitive reactive skin or post peel skin. Texture is watery lotion and its non greasy sinks in quickly and is a light veil of moisture. But its too expensive. I have oily acneic skin and use this when I ve done a peel or been too aggressive on my skin with retinoids and AHA/BHA's. Its a solid product but overpriced and not meant for quick or drastic change. Has a heavy flowery scent - but i like it. Wont repurchase because its too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2008 6:37:00 AM More reviews by jessajessajessa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin depends on this - and it has saved my butt many a time. I apply this after I washed with my cleanser (also by Jurlique) and when it is completely soaked into my skin, I apply my face cream (from Valmont). I have been using this religiously since I was 13 and I do not intend to stray for fear of regret, as well as knowing that this is by far the best and only moisturizer that could ever work for me. I have unbelievably sensitive skin which is also, most 'conveniently', extremely dry. I was on my practice Duke of Edinburgh Silver Expedition (which consists of navigating 70km through every possible terrain in 3 days and camping in the wild) 3 months ago, and as much suncream I pile on, I still have dry, sunburnt skin. A few weeks ago, I completed my real expedition, and I brought this along with me to rehydrate my skin. It worked like no other and this is a God-given miracle! My skin was completely fine and smooth as a baby's bottom. I could never give this up after this. Although the new packaging is not exactly ideal...the glass jar is too heavy and you get way less product than before. Trust me on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 6:40:00 AM More reviews by willow65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. It seems to have made my skin look much healthier and has helped to soften the friendly wrinkles I am starting to see appear. It is not a miracle product but I personally like it a lot more than the harsher products available such as AHA & BHA I have tried many of these types of products and they just dont seem to work for me . I find you only need 2 pumps of the recovery gel to cover the face and neck it has not caused me to break out and no irritation at all. I use it daily under my moisturiser and will re purchase this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2008 6:08:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's good to see that this product has been effective on some people. Personally, I like the fact that it's in a light gel consistency, which is great for oily skin. There's a heavy fragrance, but it disappears upon application. I bought this in Australia, where's it's definately cheaper than anywhere else in the world. Jurlique has changed it's packaging , but personally I prefer the old one. You just never know how much is left in the bottle, and that bugs me. Anyway, I don't really notice much a difference in terms of complexion. I find that my skin can tend to look quite blotchy and there may be an increase in blackheads too. I haven't stopped using it, and giving this product a second chance. Been using it for the last 4 weeks, and using it day and night. I will definately update!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by caravaggista

I purchased this product with hesitation. (I stopped using Kiehl's, because I was sick of paying money for products). A friend of mine was using this product, and swore by it. I tried a few samples, and I was hooked. I started off using the balancing toner and recovery ge. A few weeks ago, I purchased the clarifying daily moisturizer. My skin has never looked better. I used to combine products to just get my skin to look half this good. I finally have the results I have been searching for. This week I ran out of my small bottle of recovery gel, and purchased the larger bottle. I think my skin was in desperate need for something healing, because I went through the first bottle pretty fast. Lately, I have been using less and less. Each day, I feel like I've had a facial. I love these products. When I go through my twice daily beauty routing, I feel like I am treating myself to something incredible.