July 29, 2014 | 1205 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by smashvanweeda

I liked the coverage of this foundation. I like its conveniency the most because it is really convenient to apply with a sponge and not have to worry about pouring it out of tube, or squirting it on your hand and applying it with a brush like I usually do with other foundations. It lasts fairly well through out the day. Price is pretty fair compared to other brands. It ran out really fast for me though. I think it lasted maybe 2 weeks. I have acne scars that I tried to cover up so perhaps I used too much. The color matched me very well after blending. I'd buy it again, I just wish it wouldn't run out so quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by guccigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing. I cannot live without this stuff. I have combination skin that is drier in the winter and oily in the summer and i have redness and acne scars that wont go away so i use a heavy coverage foundation like this one and it had made such a difference in the way i look, my friends and family always ask how my face looks so flawless all the time because they know about my acne scars but this stuff just covers it all !! I would suggest using a good primer before applying this & use a stippling brush like the MAC 130 which is what i use. I also set it lightly with my Maybelline dream matte powder and i'm set for the day. This stays on all day until i take it off. I have never had problems with smudging or caking whatsoever. I would never waste a penny on any other foundation because this is a dream for me, i love it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by anna0banana

I bought this a while ago, but have not been using it as much as I planned to. I liked the idea of one step makeup, so I gave it a try. It is an OK product. It definetly does not dry you out, but if you have a patch of dry skin it will make it even more obvious. I actually liked the packaging and think that it is very convinient how it's quite compact and the sponge is separated from the product. You will have to touch this up though and set it with powder a few times throughout the day (at least once for sure if you want your make up looking good). I also think that the coverage is not very good no matter how much you cake it on! Also, as expected from drugstore products, there is a minimal colour selection, so I accidentally got one too dark for me (02 tender peach) because it was the second lightest one and I thought it would work, so I had to apply very little and blend it a lot. And if you are planning on wearing it for a long time (over 10 hours) then it could very well break you out because I do believe that it is oil based (companies will ALWAYS advertise it on the product if it is oil free). It broke me out really badly once after wearing it for over 14 hours :( I am not rebuying this, but you could try it if you don't have acne prone skin and are looking for a reasonably priced drugstore product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Mommy2Jake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not like the color match for my fair skin, plus the product did not blend well. I have combination skin and this product broke me out. I often felt oily and had to touch up with powder frequently while wearing this product. It does not provide a natural look either, so if you want to look like you are not wearing make-up, this is not the product for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I had super-oily skin, this product was a disaster for me. Generally speaking, people with oily skin should avoid cream foundations altogether. Now that my skin has become quite dry because of Accutane, I had better luck with it. I use a foundation brush to apply it over moisturized skin. The color doesn't look as natural as my ColorStay, but it provides medium coverage with a fairly matte finish. I used Palladio's rice powder to set it. Even when set with powder, it still rubbed off on everything I touched with my face. It just doesn't have the staying power of ColorStay, but it is more moisturizing.

I'll keep this around to apply on days (probably weekend afternoons) when I don't want to spend 20 minutes putting on my makeup and just need some quick coverage for when I'm on the go. Overall, I don't think it's worth the price and I would not buy it again.

UPDATE: I added on one lippie! I wore it all day yesterday and found that it stays much better after it has some time to dry/set and if I use more powder than I normally would to set foundation. The coverage really is smooth and natural. It still rubbed off on my clothes, though, so that's why I'm only giving it 4 lippies instead of 5.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was something I purchased on an emergency situation. Had an unexpected meeting come up and I didn't have any makeup on or makeup with me. Ran into a CVS and ended up with this. I'm happy with it for the most part. The color match was perfect and it provides full coverage and doesn't require powder. This isn't what I use on a daily basis because it's a little heavy but it goes on beautifully and covers every imperfection. Its easy for this to start looking cakey too, a little goes a long way and it requires some good buffing to make it look natural. The staying power is mediocre, doesn't last as long as RCS, but better than some other drugstore cream foundations. I still use my MAC powder foundation every day but I do like this and would recommend to someone needing full coverage who isn't into the dept store makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS:
easy to apply.
good coverage.
blends smoothly.
feels nice on skin.
CONS:
not good for oily skin, it won't last long.
not a good colour choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by sheLoVic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

+ gives me very nice velvety skin finish
+ gives good coverage
+ looks so natural
+ never break me out!
- the lightest shade is just too dark for me :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by wiwi45678

I love this foundation. It is easy to use, easy to blend, and provides good coverage and nice staying power. Make sure you dont use too much product though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really, really, really like this foundation. It's creamy, extremely easy to blend, and it feels light on my skin. The coverage is okay... I'd say about medium, which is perfect for me. I got lucky and found a perfect match to my skin tone the first time out, so there's that too lol. I didn't like the application with the sponge provided, so I used to my sephora airbrush and fell in love! Another plus is that it lasts all day and doesn't rub off on anything and everything, which is awesome for someone with oily skin like me. Just set it with some powder and you're good to go. I will definitely be buying this again (: