April 16, 2014 | 1393 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I had super-oily skin, this product was a disaster for me. Generally speaking, people with oily skin should avoid cream foundations altogether. Now that my skin has become quite dry because of Accutane, I had better luck with it. I use a foundation brush to apply it over moisturized skin. The color doesn't look as natural as my ColorStay, but it provides medium coverage with a fairly matte finish. I used Palladio's rice powder to set it. Even when set with powder, it still rubbed off on everything I touched with my face. It just doesn't have the staying power of ColorStay, but it is more moisturizing.

I'll keep this around to apply on days (probably weekend afternoons) when I don't want to spend 20 minutes putting on my makeup and just need some quick coverage for when I'm on the go. Overall, I don't think it's worth the price and I would not buy it again.

UPDATE: I added on one lippie! I wore it all day yesterday and found that it stays much better after it has some time to dry/set and if I use more powder than I normally would to set foundation. The coverage really is smooth and natural. It still rubbed off on my clothes, though, so that's why I'm only giving it 4 lippies instead of 5.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was something I purchased on an emergency situation. Had an unexpected meeting come up and I didn't have any makeup on or makeup with me. Ran into a CVS and ended up with this. I'm happy with it for the most part. The color match was perfect and it provides full coverage and doesn't require powder. This isn't what I use on a daily basis because it's a little heavy but it goes on beautifully and covers every imperfection. Its easy for this to start looking cakey too, a little goes a long way and it requires some good buffing to make it look natural. The staying power is mediocre, doesn't last as long as RCS, but better than some other drugstore cream foundations. I still use my MAC powder foundation every day but I do like this and would recommend to someone needing full coverage who isn't into the dept store makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS:
easy to apply.
good coverage.
blends smoothly.
feels nice on skin.
CONS:
not good for oily skin, it won't last long.
not a good colour choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by sheLoVic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

+ gives me very nice velvety skin finish
+ gives good coverage
+ looks so natural
+ never break me out!
- the lightest shade is just too dark for me :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by wiwi45678

I love this foundation. It is easy to use, easy to blend, and provides good coverage and nice staying power. Make sure you dont use too much product though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really, really, really like this foundation. It's creamy, extremely easy to blend, and it feels light on my skin. The coverage is okay... I'd say about medium, which is perfect for me. I got lucky and found a perfect match to my skin tone the first time out, so there's that too lol. I didn't like the application with the sponge provided, so I used to my sephora airbrush and fell in love! Another plus is that it lasts all day and doesn't rub off on anything and everything, which is awesome for someone with oily skin like me. Just set it with some powder and you're good to go. I will definitely be buying this again (:

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by reneelet

This is a heavy coverage, no-mess foundation that's very fast to apply.

I noticed the product seemed to go "bad" after several months. Switching to a fresh compact with a fresh sponge made a huge difference in how it looked on my face. The new makeup looked much more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Sofieahh

This foundation is creamy and smooth. The coverage is pretty good and really compliments my skintone and covers my problem areas, it gives a natural finish. But it does cake after a few hours and I suppose its the amount you apply on your face. This runs out more quickly compared to other bottled foundation. I would definitely repurchase this but only when it is on sale. It gives a decent (not the greatest) matte finish for me since I have oily skin. Overall I would actually recommend for people who wants a foundation thats convinient (you can bring it around in your bag) and something that offers high coverage and has a natural result.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by labambina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product! i got mine in Sand Beige. It looked abit dark for my skin color but i had no choice as it was the lightest shade available and i had FAIR skin. However, when i applied it fit my skin tone perfectly. Also, it looked heavy in the compact but when applied with the sponge that comes with it, it makes my complexion perfect!!! it doesnt cake and it remains lightweight on my face all day! perfect coverage, flawless skin. I always set it with loose powder and my makeup doesnt budge at all! Loose powder is VERY important after u apply this foundation to set the makeup and helps it remain matte, and as it is a CREME after all, it might cake or turn oily for those with oily skin. As said, i have combi to oily skin so loose powder does the trick.

Packaging wise its OK, doesnt really bother me that i have to flip the compact for the sponge below each time. Price is quite reasonable too.

HOWEVER, im taking one lippie off because it made me break out real bad everytime i used it.At first i wasnt sure it this was the particular product that made me break out, so i stayed away from it for 2 weeks, and i used it again after that. AND agaain, it made me break out with small zits all over my face and neck! i guess im just sensitive to a particular ingredient in this product. I feel its such a waste because everthing else in this product worked perfectly well for me and i would DEFINITELY repurchase this again if not for the breakouts due to this product!

I wld definitely recommend this product to those who like cream-to-powder foundations, or those who like full coverage withought the heavy cakey feeling :D

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by laurenparisrome

I always come back to using this product. I don't really know why I ever stop, but when I start using it again I am flattered with the results. This product is fantastic for anyone who has acne-prone skin. I get one or two cystic zits when it's "that time of month" and they usually leave a tiny scar. Revlon New Complexion covers them completely. I highly recommend this!

Keep in mind when using this product:
-Don't use too much!! ( I apply a thin layer all over my face, mainly to conceal the acne scars and discoloration. If you apply too much, the result will look thick and "cakey". This can be easily avoided if you blend it well and use least amount of product)
-Dust a matte powder over it ( Once I've finished applying this product, I dust Rimmel Matte Powder all over my face. It really helps keep this Revlon foundation stay shine-free, which is something I see many reviewers comment about.)

Overall, I definitely recommend this product. It's cheap, but good quality for what it is! I don't really have any bad comments, except for the fact that the sponge gets worn out a little quicker than I'd like. Other than that, give it a try! :)