December 21, 2014 | 1220 users online

Loose Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by andmx2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a decent product but I do prefer a different brand but this will do if it's all I have on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by yaddira209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

i love this powder it gives me a matte finish and keeps the shine under control i hate the jar it comes with but it goes perfectly with Revlon color stay gives me flawless face and it last all day also u can take it any where it fits perfectly in your make up bag only thing i recommend is to buff the powder in with the sponge thingy it comes with than use a brush to even it around your face keeps the oil under control and controls smudging

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is actually a pretty good loose powder, especially for the amount you get for the price--it's a huge jar. The packaging is kind of cheap, so while it's perfectly functional you wouldn't be able to bring it with you everywhere. It has some glitter, but I don't notice any on my skin when I wear it, and it's also very translucent so it's not going to tint your skin. The reason I like it is because it sets my foundation just fine to make it last, but without appearing too powdery and obvious.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by starshar

I ran out of my loose powder so I stole Maybelline Shine Free loose powder from my sister. It wasn't anything great, because my skin turned oily after only 2 hours. So needless to say, I rather stock up on my current loose powder than using this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

Love this powder. It's super cheap for the amount of product you get. Doesn't clog my pores, mattifies almost all day (6-8 hrs). Sometimes I do a touch up every now and then with the pressed powder version. No fragrance smell and I like the fact that it's transclucent! The packaging is kinda cheap, but it works fine.

Edit: I don't like this stuff anymore and I don't even really know why. I guess because it's very sheer. I may try using it as finishing powder or under the eyes for sealing in my concealer or for fallouts that occur when I'm applying my eyeshadows . It's not horrible.. but I don't feel like it does much. I'd rather use the Palladio loose powder (even though it has a fragrance and this doesn't). I'll keep it on hand just to have around for emergencies... I don't think I'll buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by chi27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a good powder but lacks SPF!!!! i have oily skin and this works ok for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I love this powder! It's fragrance free, it sets my foundation well and keep me shine free for 6 hours. I paid $6.49 for this huge container of it and I doubt I would need to be buying more soon, but If I ever ran out I would buy this again and again. Thanks Maybelline!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite setting powder. It's light, inexpensive, and pretty good at keeping me shine-free (I either blot once during the middle of the day or not at all). I also use it in my hair to soak up the second-day oilies. The container is a bit poor quality (the lid comes off and cracks easily), but I can overlook that because you get so much product. I got this powder last June or July and have used it just about every day since then and still have 1/4 of the container. I just can't stand the fact that there's glitter in it; it isn't obvious at all, but just knowing that it's there is disconcerting.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2009 6:17:00 AM More reviews by hkchan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I ran out of powder and decided to opt for a cheaper option.
I found that the powder (even in "light"), was too dark for my complexion, and gave me an orange cast. It also was not good in controlling oil - my skin already looked oily after a few hours.
I will definitely not buy this again

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because my skin gets shiny very easily. It took away shine for maybe 2 hours. I like that is goes on smooth and is oil-free but I just wish it would be better at controlling shine as advertised.