Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

3.6

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 5/5/2010 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this stuff! Have been using it every day for months. I've got the medium shade and it matches my skin perfectly. Use it over my tinted moisturiser at work during the day and over my good foundation for nights on the town. It's cheap and does the trick!

on 4/17/2010 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got the medium shade because i was sure that it would match perfect and also the light looked waaayyy too light, so i got the med. and it was SO orange! it looked ridiculous like a just faked baked or something which was odd cuz the medium powder really dosnt look THAT tan. Its deceiving lol. So really there's nothing wrong w/ the powder itself just the color i got isn't for light to medium skin. i say if your way light get the light and if your pretty tan get the medium.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For $30 i wouldn'd purchase this again. I picked it up quickly because i knew i needed i new finishing veil and it turned out it was $30. I was fine with it until i tried out the actual product and it was horrible. The packaging is so annoying because it has a sifter which makes everything so much messier than it has to be. I feel it leaves a white cast over my face even though i got the one in medium which is super dark and i don't have any dark skinned in me and only have NC25 skin. So i don't understand how it makes me skin appear lighter when the product is so much darker...

on 2/17/2010 4:56:00 PM

This is a decent product but I do prefer a different brand but this will do if it's all I have on hand.

on 2/17/2010 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i love this powder it gives me a matte finish and keeps the shine under control i hate the jar it comes with but it goes perfectly with Revlon color stay gives me flawless face and it last all day also u can take it any where it fits perfectly in your make up bag only thing i recommend is to buff the powder in with the sponge thingy it comes with than use a brush to even it around your face keeps the oil under control and controls smudging

on 1/22/2010 7:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this is actually a pretty good loose powder, especially for the amount you get for the price--it's a huge jar. The packaging is kind of cheap, so while it's perfectly functional you wouldn't be able to bring it with you everywhere. It has some glitter, but I don't notice any on my skin when I wear it, and it's also very translucent so it's not going to tint your skin. The reason I like it is because it sets my foundation just fine to make it last, but without appearing too powdery and obvious.

on 1/9/2010 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I ran out of my loose powder so I stole Maybelline Shine Free loose powder from my sister. It wasn't anything great, because my skin turned oily after only 2 hours. So needless to say, I rather stock up on my current loose powder than using this.

on 12/14/2009 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this powder. It's super cheap for the amount of product you get. Doesn't clog my pores, mattifies almost all day (6-8 hrs). Sometimes I do a touch up every now and then with the pressed powder version. No fragrance smell and I like the fact that it's transclucent! The packaging is kinda cheap, but it works fine.

Edit: I don't like this stuff anymore and I don't even really know why. I guess because it's very sheer. I may try using it as finishing powder or under the eyes for sealing in my concealer or for fallouts that occur when I'm applying my eyeshadows . It's not horrible.. but I don't feel like it does much. I'd rather use the Palladio loose powder (even though it has a fragrance and this doesn't). I'll keep it on hand just to have around for emergencies... I don't think I'll buy again.

on 12/5/2009 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

this is a good powder but lacks SPF!!!! i have oily skin and this works ok for me.

on 11/5/2009 11:24:00 PM

I love this powder! It's fragrance free, it sets my foundation well and keep me shine free for 6 hours. I paid $6.49 for this huge container of it and I doubt I would need to be buying more soon, but If I ever ran out I would buy this again and again. Thanks Maybelline!

Recommended for Normal Skin