July 22, 2014 | 1823 users online

Loose Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

Love this powder. It's super cheap for the amount of product you get. Doesn't clog my pores, mattifies almost all day (6-8 hrs). Sometimes I do a touch up every now and then with the pressed powder version. No fragrance smell and I like the fact that it's transclucent! The packaging is kinda cheap, but it works fine.

Edit: I don't like this stuff anymore and I don't even really know why. I guess because it's very sheer. I may try using it as finishing powder or under the eyes for sealing in my concealer or for fallouts that occur when I'm applying my eyeshadows . It's not horrible.. but I don't feel like it does much. I'd rather use the Palladio loose powder (even though it has a fragrance and this doesn't). I'll keep it on hand just to have around for emergencies... I don't think I'll buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by chi27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a good powder but lacks SPF!!!! i have oily skin and this works ok for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I love this powder! It's fragrance free, it sets my foundation well and keep me shine free for 6 hours. I paid $6.49 for this huge container of it and I doubt I would need to be buying more soon, but If I ever ran out I would buy this again and again. Thanks Maybelline!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite setting powder. It's light, inexpensive, and pretty good at keeping me shine-free (I either blot once during the middle of the day or not at all). I also use it in my hair to soak up the second-day oilies. The container is a bit poor quality (the lid comes off and cracks easily), but I can overlook that because you get so much product. I got this powder last June or July and have used it just about every day since then and still have 1/4 of the container. I just can't stand the fact that there's glitter in it; it isn't obvious at all, but just knowing that it's there is disconcerting.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2009 6:17:00 AM More reviews by hkchan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I ran out of powder and decided to opt for a cheaper option.
I found that the powder (even in "light"), was too dark for my complexion, and gave me an orange cast. It also was not good in controlling oil - my skin already looked oily after a few hours.
I will definitely not buy this again

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because my skin gets shiny very easily. It took away shine for maybe 2 hours. I like that is goes on smooth and is oil-free but I just wish it would be better at controlling shine as advertised.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by XOemXOXO

This is an okay powder i guess..i haven't really used it because i got it in medium but it made me look orange! and it was too dark. anyway i guess it does eliminate shine though!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by sm1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed a powder to control the shine on my face and I wanted an oil-free and fragrance free powder. I tried Clinique's stay matte powder and it didn't do much. For some reason, I become so much more oily with their products. I set out to buy this after going through reviews on this website. I must say that for a drugstore product and the price, it does a pretty good job. It's not perfect, because I do have to blot twice during my 8hour work day, but that's still isn't bad. I never have to do touch ups, because this powder does set in nicely. It gives me a nice matte finish and doesn't wear off easily. It hasn't broken me out, yet, but I will update if it does.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by nailippomaniac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first loose powder. I always settle in with a compact as I am afraid of spilling or over using the loose powder. I finally bought one from Mayb because I already have their mousse. It was the least expensive too (under $5) and I thought why not give it a try.
It comes with a very "useless sponge" (courtesy:the below reviewer) but I love the color and the texture of this one. It is sheer and goes on smoothly and keeps your face intact for a few good hours. Oiliness kept at bay it also doesn't clog my pores. It (medium) is neither yellowish or pinkish and is perfect for my skin tone. I would buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by mrsmacdonald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to be careful because some products can look orange on me which this one does. It comes with a useless sponge but it doesn't matter any way because it's going in the trash. Didn't control any of the oillies that I get either... might work for others that have less oily skin. It comes in two colors, I got the light one because I'm pale. In the trash it goes!