Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

3.5

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 4/17/2010 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got the medium shade because i was sure that it would match perfect and also the light looked waaayyy too light, so i got the med. and it was SO orange! it looked ridiculous like a just faked baked or something which was odd cuz the medium powder really dosnt look THAT tan. Its deceiving lol. So really there's nothing wrong w/ the powder itself just the color i got isn't for light to medium skin. i say if your way light get the light and if your pretty tan get the medium.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For $30 i wouldn'd purchase this again. I picked it up quickly because i knew i needed i new finishing veil and it turned out it was $30. I was fine with it until i tried out the actual product and it was horrible. The packaging is so annoying because it has a sifter which makes everything so much messier than it has to be. I feel it leaves a white cast over my face even though i got the one in medium which is super dark and i don't have any dark skinned in me and only have NC25 skin. So i don't understand how it makes me skin appear lighter when the product is so much darker...

on 2/17/2010 4:56:00 PM

This is a decent product but I do prefer a different brand but this will do if it's all I have on hand.

on 2/17/2010 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i love this powder it gives me a matte finish and keeps the shine under control i hate the jar it comes with but it goes perfectly with Revlon color stay gives me flawless face and it last all day also u can take it any where it fits perfectly in your make up bag only thing i recommend is to buff the powder in with the sponge thingy it comes with than use a brush to even it around your face keeps the oil under control and controls smudging

on 1/22/2010 7:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this is actually a pretty good loose powder, especially for the amount you get for the price--it's a huge jar. The packaging is kind of cheap, so while it's perfectly functional you wouldn't be able to bring it with you everywhere. It has some glitter, but I don't notice any on my skin when I wear it, and it's also very translucent so it's not going to tint your skin. The reason I like it is because it sets my foundation just fine to make it last, but without appearing too powdery and obvious.

on 1/9/2010 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I ran out of my loose powder so I stole Maybelline Shine Free loose powder from my sister. It wasn't anything great, because my skin turned oily after only 2 hours. So needless to say, I rather stock up on my current loose powder than using this.

on 12/14/2009 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this powder. It's super cheap for the amount of product you get. Doesn't clog my pores, mattifies almost all day (6-8 hrs). Sometimes I do a touch up every now and then with the pressed powder version. No fragrance smell and I like the fact that it's transclucent! The packaging is kinda cheap, but it works fine.

Edit: I don't like this stuff anymore and I don't even really know why. I guess because it's very sheer. I may try using it as finishing powder or under the eyes for sealing in my concealer or for fallouts that occur when I'm applying my eyeshadows . It's not horrible.. but I don't feel like it does much. I'd rather use the Palladio loose powder (even though it has a fragrance and this doesn't). I'll keep it on hand just to have around for emergencies... I don't think I'll buy again.

on 12/5/2009 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

this is a good powder but lacks SPF!!!! i have oily skin and this works ok for me.

on 11/5/2009 11:24:00 PM

I love this powder! It's fragrance free, it sets my foundation well and keep me shine free for 6 hours. I paid $6.49 for this huge container of it and I doubt I would need to be buying more soon, but If I ever ran out I would buy this again and again. Thanks Maybelline!

on 10/22/2009 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my absolute favorite setting powder. It's light, inexpensive, and pretty good at keeping me shine-free (I either blot once during the middle of the day or not at all). I also use it in my hair to soak up the second-day oilies. The container is a bit poor quality (the lid comes off and cracks easily), but I can overlook that because you get so much product. I got this powder last June or July and have used it just about every day since then and still have 1/4 of the container. I just can't stand the fact that there's glitter in it; it isn't obvious at all, but just knowing that it's there is disconcerting.