MAC Velvet - Mulch

4.5

The name 'Mulch' leaves a lot to be desired, which is a shame as this eyeshadow is incredible. I use this most days in my crease to create some subtle shading and also when I'm going out to create a gorgeous smoky eye. Suits my NC20 complexion and hazel eyes perfectly.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows of all time. A little goes a long way yet I have "hit pan" numerous times. Mulch is one of those deep, gorgeous browns that go well with so many shades. It's texture is smooth and it's a dream to work with. I imagine there are similar shades out there bc brown is so popular for eyeshadows but this is perfect. Despite being "just a brown" eyeshadow, it does have something special to it. I wear it on a regular basis (paired with All That Glitters). I can't recommend this one enough :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Totally love this color for the crease! its a really beautiful bronze color, I really like it with all that glitters or with hey eyeshadow, it looks very neutral and beautiful!
Obviously gonna buy again this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has become one of my favorite browns. So pretty and smooth in texture. Easy to work with, love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Yes Mulch is beautiful.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

this was my very first mac eyeshadow and i still use this beautiful color. its a nice brown with gold flecks and shimmer. its perfect as a crease color or as an outer V color for an everyday look.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

As I swatched this on the back of my hand for this review I thought to myself, why don't I wear this more often? Mulch is such a beautiful color, a lovely deep brown with gold shimmer, so blendable and easy to work with. I need to bring this out of retirement!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really pretty, shimmery brown color. It's perfect for an everyday crease color. Not too dark, but not too light or unnoticeable also. The shimmer isn't over the top. MAC eyeshadows are very great quality for the price, especially if you get them in the quads, which is what I do. One of my all-time favorite shades. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

The perfect lid colour on my NC43-44 skin, a nice crease colour with lighter lid colours like patina and amber lights - mulch is a winner in my book! Very pigmented, no fallout and easy to apply - I would repurchase in a heartbeat!

It's a beautiful chocolate brown that has gold flecks in it. By flecks I do not mean like a lustre or like urban decay's midnight cowboy. they're really small and not pronounced and chunky at all. I love to wear this on my crease and it pairs great with man of my shadows (naked lunch, all that glitters, ricepaper, etc) but the only thing I don't like about it is the texture. this is a velvet finish which is personally not my favorite finish by mac (lustres being my least favorite) it has a slightly "gritty" texture. i gave it four because it is extremely pretty and wearable. but I will not be buying this again because I am likely to find another shadows similar to this but with better consistency.

Top Rated MAC Products