MAC Velvet - Mulch

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Totally love this color for the crease! its a really beautiful bronze color, I really like it with all that glitters or with hey eyeshadow, it looks very neutral and beautiful!
Obviously gonna buy again this product!

on 2/12/2011 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has become one of my favorite browns. So pretty and smooth in texture. Easy to work with, love it.

on 1/28/2011 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Yes Mulch is beautiful.

on 1/28/2011 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

this was my very first mac eyeshadow and i still use this beautiful color. its a nice brown with gold flecks and shimmer. its perfect as a crease color or as an outer V color for an everyday look.

on 1/24/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

As I swatched this on the back of my hand for this review I thought to myself, why don't I wear this more often? Mulch is such a beautiful color, a lovely deep brown with gold shimmer, so blendable and easy to work with. I need to bring this out of retirement!

on 1/23/2011 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really pretty, shimmery brown color. It's perfect for an everyday crease color. Not too dark, but not too light or unnoticeable also. The shimmer isn't over the top. MAC eyeshadows are very great quality for the price, especially if you get them in the quads, which is what I do. One of my all-time favorite shades. Will definitely repurchase.

on 1/13/2011 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

The perfect lid colour on my NC43-44 skin, a nice crease colour with lighter lid colours like patina and amber lights - mulch is a winner in my book! Very pigmented, no fallout and easy to apply - I would repurchase in a heartbeat!

on 1/11/2011 3:59:00 PM

It's a beautiful chocolate brown that has gold flecks in it. By flecks I do not mean like a lustre or like urban decay's midnight cowboy. they're really small and not pronounced and chunky at all. I love to wear this on my crease and it pairs great with man of my shadows (naked lunch, all that glitters, ricepaper, etc) but the only thing I don't like about it is the texture. this is a velvet finish which is personally not my favorite finish by mac (lustres being my least favorite) it has a slightly "gritty" texture. i gave it four because it is extremely pretty and wearable. but I will not be buying this again because I am likely to find another shadows similar to this but with better consistency.

on 1/9/2011 3:23:00 PM

I have mixed opinions about this eyeshadow. Indeed it's a pretty color. I recently discovered that I have cool undertones and therefore should avoid eyeshadows that are too warm. This one, is one of the very few warm brown eyeshadows that I can use without looking too tired. I don't have luck everytime though and that must be because of my cool toned skin. I understand the positive reviews, but if you have cool undertones and have the same problems as I have, you should try it at the MAC counter before you buy it. I don't think I will buy it again, I will go for cooler browns.

on 12/27/2010 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I believe it was 3 yrs ago for the company summer party I decided to gor for a proffesional make up do from a MAC Make up artist. I wanted very proffesional cat walk smokey eyes and nude lips to go with my BCBG dress. Mulch was the eye shadow that the MA used. I was utterly terrified when he reached for this gold flecked brown color for I made it precisely clear that my dress was grey - black and I wanted black smoky eyes. After a heavy layer of foundation (thats what you need for true smoky eyes and nude lips) he layered my lids with some neutral eye shadow as base and used mulch just on the lids. Then use very black kohl (can not remember the exact name of the MAC eye liner) to line my eyes and smudge it all over mulch. And then he layered again with mulch. To finish it off he defined the bottom of my eyelashed with a waterproof eyeliner. And ofcourse with mascara. Not only it looked lovely and just like what I wanted, everybody complimented my make up. It stayed all night too. There are some pictures taken at the end of the night and after some heavy partying my make up is still good. lol :))). And here is the trick: Because he used mulch dark smokey eyes did not look so harsh on my fair complexion.