April 21, 2014 | 1036 users online

Shampoo - Nizoral AD Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Klaudia9904

Worked really well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by L0llicandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a very small but stubborn spot of sebborheic dermatitis on my scalp. I used Dercos, cut out SLS, tried natural remedies, and this is the only thing that helped. I got it for $10 at CVS. The size isn't a problem as I only use a dime size amount for that one spot. It has cut down on itching and flaking. It hasn't completely eliminated it though. If I don't use it continuously it will come back. But for now this the best thing I have found. If it did get rid of my sd permanently I would give it a 5/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Rain7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a miracle product for me! I have suffered for several years with seborrheic dermatitis (or something similar, I guess), and have tried MANY different products to no avail. Nizoral is the ONLY product that has helped remove the flakes from my scalp! After using it every 3-4 days for 1.5 months, I am now almost completely flake free, except for a small spot @ top of head. I highly recommend it, and I will purchase again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have terrible dandruff because of high testosterone, and this does wonders for me. I have almost no flakes now. If I stop using it, I notice a difference right away, so I'm gonna stick with it. I usually just put in on my scalp, don't scrub or massage, and then put in a regular shampoo on top and wash normally, so that my hair doesn;t smell like the Nizoral and doesn't feel as dry as with the Nizoral alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by wennkrischelle93

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally something that controls the itchiness and keeps my dandruff at bay! Thank God for this product! It has been working so far and I hope it continues to do so. Its a small blue bottle that runs for about $15.00 in the US. I have been using it for about 2 months. I use 2-3 times a week and it doesnt smell bad at all. I am praying this is the one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lilorchid82

There are a few studies out on ketoconazole that say that it slows down hair loss....no new hair growth, so it's not even on the same level as Rogaine, but at least with this one you don't get the greasy head. In fact, you get really dry hair. I never had severe dandruff, but my scalp does itch most of the time and there's light flaking. This shampoo does treat both symptoms, but even better, I noticed that the hair sitting in the drain after I shower is 1/3 what it used to be. I've used this shampoo for a little less than a month, and don't bother to leave it on for the full 5 min...more like 2 minutes. I'm going to follow the directions better, and also start some deep conditioning treatments...this stuff makes your hair feel like hay afterwards. I use it 3-4 per week.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by hitandrun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dries out hair like crazy but for my specific dandruff problem, it works like a charm. i used the 2% initially and went on the 1% to maintain. i use this 1-2 times weeky interchanged with other shampoos. Must use conditioner after MUST! HG stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by blahblahblalskdjf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My dandruff issues come and go so it's not a consistent issue but at times when I do have a lot of dandruff it's insane. If I just shake my head it looks like it's snowing, not very attractive. Esp. for someone who has dark hair like I do.

I had tried several other brands, Head and Shoulders and a few others I now forget but this was the only one that actually helped.

It doesn't smell that great and the bottle is TINY but it's still totally worth it. You only need a little bit every time, and it's not an everyday shampoo so it actually does last pretty long. (Even more so for someone like me who only has dandruff issues on occasion). I use it whenever my hair starts to feel extra greasy as well and it seems to help control some of the oiliness.

Overall a great product and I will definitely be repurchasing once I use up my bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am on my second bottle of Nizoral. Works very well for dandruff or dermatitis of the scalp. Works well as a clarifying shampoo and I use this 2x a week on my hair. I have fine hair which may have thinned out a little possibly due to dermatitis (I have not been diagnosed by dermatologist but my scalp is oily) and noticed a few hairs sprouting on my scalp.

It's important to follow the directions as directed on the bottle to get the best results which means letting it sit on your scalp for 5 minutes and massaging it in to your scalp.

I didn't think this smells minty as the reviewer stated below but smells like lavender which I love and tingles so you know it's cleaning the scalp. It's a little pricey for a small bottle about $12.00 CAD but it works to keep the scalp clean. Using this, I can skip a day of washing my hair which I normally can't.

Canadians can purchase the 2% ketoconazole over the counter. Ladies who color their hair will find it will strip out your hair color overtime but if you suffer from dandruff or dermatitus-this is shampoo to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

"Dandruff, seborrhea, itchy and dry scalp can be caused by a microscopic fungus (pityrosporum ovale) that occurs naturally on everyone's skin. During times of stress or change in climate or diet, the fungus can grow more quickly causing worsening of symptoms." Nizoral is the only product I know of that kills this fungus completely. I am using the presciption strength (2% ketoconazole) and after 30 odd years of itching and flaking (even in and around my ears), things are finally under control. I leave this on for the full five minutes once or twice a week, making sure to spread the lather inside my ears as well. Since my hair is short and uncoloured, I have no problem, in fact it leaves my hair full and soft. However, if you have processed hair, you will probably want to follow this with a really good conditioner. When I follow the Nizoral with Nioxin conditioner and leave on the requisite three minutes, the mint totally cools/soothes any irritable spots on my head. I was one of those people who could not go a day without shampooing or my head would be so intensely itchy it would drive my crazy - no more. This is expensive but totally worth it.