November 22, 2014 | 950 users online

Shampoo - Nizoral AD Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by KatieDee

This is a miracle in a bottle. I can't believe it took me so long to find something that worked! My pregnancy brought flakes with it, and they stayed after the baby was born -- the baby is now TWO and I'm still battling flakes. After trying Head & Shoulders, tea tree oil, TTO shampoo, baking soda, apple cidar vinegar, olive oil treatments, you name it -- THIS is the cure. After only a week I am flake free.

It is drying, but it works so I don't care. I coat my hair with conditioner from the ears down and lather the Nizoral on only my scalp. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse, then condition. Voila -- no flakes. I will never be without this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by RuKa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

God Send! I never knew what it was like to have a normal scalp.. to not even think about it once during the day. I've always had scalp issues in one form or another, but Nizoral has completely saved my head. No more itchies, no more anything! Just skin and follicles and hair.. normal! Only problems I have with it is it can dry out the hair after a while and it's hard to spread without using too much. Well worth it though. Aaaw, I love you normal scalp xo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 12:48:00 PM More reviews by amichg

About 5 years ago at 25, I started to loose my hair. I was in school and it was triggered by stress. A girl in one of my classes who was also loosing her hair said her dermatologist recommended an anti-dandruff shampoo for her hair loss and she said she found it to work. Not one to miss a beat, I went home and grabbed my Dad's Nizoral and I am not kidding you, within 3 days I went from hair falling out in clumps (50+) in the shower, to virtually 0!!!! I started Rogaine and within a few months my hair was back and all was well. Here I am at 30 now, and once again my hair is beginning to thin. Sure enough, I started using Nizoral again and within 3 days, my hair loss has almost completely stopped. When my tub hasn't been cleaned in 5 days and I look over at it and there is literally NO hair in or around it, I am a very happy and satisfied customer. Now I know this shampoo was originally intended for dandruff, but I cannot rave enough about how much it has slowed down my hair loss!!!!! Now if it would only grow back...off to get women's Rogaine...

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Klaudia9904

Worked really well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by L0llicandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a very small but stubborn spot of sebborheic dermatitis on my scalp. I used Dercos, cut out SLS, tried natural remedies, and this is the only thing that helped. I got it for $10 at CVS. The size isn't a problem as I only use a dime size amount for that one spot. It has cut down on itching and flaking. It hasn't completely eliminated it though. If I don't use it continuously it will come back. But for now this the best thing I have found. If it did get rid of my sd permanently I would give it a 5/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Rain7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a miracle product for me! I have suffered for several years with seborrheic dermatitis (or something similar, I guess), and have tried MANY different products to no avail. Nizoral is the ONLY product that has helped remove the flakes from my scalp! After using it every 3-4 days for 1.5 months, I am now almost completely flake free, except for a small spot @ top of head. I highly recommend it, and I will purchase again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have terrible dandruff because of high testosterone, and this does wonders for me. I have almost no flakes now. If I stop using it, I notice a difference right away, so I'm gonna stick with it. I usually just put in on my scalp, don't scrub or massage, and then put in a regular shampoo on top and wash normally, so that my hair doesn;t smell like the Nizoral and doesn't feel as dry as with the Nizoral alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by wennkrischelle93

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally something that controls the itchiness and keeps my dandruff at bay! Thank God for this product! It has been working so far and I hope it continues to do so. Its a small blue bottle that runs for about $15.00 in the US. I have been using it for about 2 months. I use 2-3 times a week and it doesnt smell bad at all. I am praying this is the one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lilorchid82

There are a few studies out on ketoconazole that say that it slows down hair loss....no new hair growth, so it's not even on the same level as Rogaine, but at least with this one you don't get the greasy head. In fact, you get really dry hair. I never had severe dandruff, but my scalp does itch most of the time and there's light flaking. This shampoo does treat both symptoms, but even better, I noticed that the hair sitting in the drain after I shower is 1/3 what it used to be. I've used this shampoo for a little less than a month, and don't bother to leave it on for the full 5 min...more like 2 minutes. I'm going to follow the directions better, and also start some deep conditioning treatments...this stuff makes your hair feel like hay afterwards. I use it 3-4 per week.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by hitandrun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dries out hair like crazy but for my specific dandruff problem, it works like a charm. i used the 2% initially and went on the 1% to maintain. i use this 1-2 times weeky interchanged with other shampoos. Must use conditioner after MUST! HG stuff.