August 1, 2014 | 1409 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Lash Fantasy Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by praline4900

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will start by saying that I have dark brown, naturally curly eyelashes. I purchased this product to lengthen, define and CONTROL my lashes, and it works!!

I have the waterproof version, and it does not smear or flake. Also, it washes off very easily with soap or face cleanser. The only drawback (for me) is that it is a 2-step product. Either way, I would definitely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by natawee

I am a certifiable mascara junkie. Well, not so much that as I have tried almost every single one on the market and some of them twice looking for a mascara that would darken my lashes, not smudge, hold a curl, and define. I have naturally long lashes and I loooove wearing false eyelashes for dressy occasions so I was just trying to find something for everyday that might come close. I had high hopes for this one, and generally I hate the ones that have two steps because I'm impatient like that. But, I gave it a try and it was clumpy. Really clumpy. And smudgy. Flaky later in the day. I hesitate to out-and-out say a product flat out sucks, but this one comes pretty darn close in my book.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by ksychan

I'm reviewing the non-waterproof version, to be clear. I thought the soft application comb wand looked promising but how I hated this product. Smudged badly. Not purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by c2xzetc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

(lash fantasy total defintion) i was saving up for this cause its like $24AU but i was lucky cause just before i did, cleo was giving them away for free. it doesnt live up to its hype but its still a pretty good mascara.

lengthens a little, gives nice volume and really good definition. this worked better for me as a natural mascara. a much cheaper alternative to this would be maybelline define-a-lash. does the same thing for my short, thin, sparse lashes

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by babs1721

clumpy gunky mess...not sure what revlon is thinking with some of these new products...do they test them.....?bought this with the creme shadow both were disappointing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by myluvofmakeup

I got mine a while ago for $2.00 at Walgreens and I love it. It makes my lashes beautiful! It just works great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by kmkssm

Like most on this board I love makeup and have tried everything from DS to HE. This mascara is terrible, it clumps, which I could deal with by seperating BUT it FLAKES like mad. I looked in the mirror after arriving at work and was shocked. OH no what are these little black specks under my eyes? My new mascara thats what. I got this BOGO but it was still to expensive because it does not work and I DO. When I spend hard earned money I want the product to work, period. No if you do this or that. I paid for the product, followed the directions, got big, fat clumpy lashes which proceeded to flake and flake. I did not put on to much, unless one coat is to much. The brush is loaded with mascara when you remove it from the container, even after sliding it against the inside of the tube to remove some there was plenty left on the brush. The first swipe covered my lashes nicely and I thought ok this is pretty good stuff, a little clumpy but a quick comb through with a small brush fixed that, until the flakes arrived.OK now you are at work with WATERPROOF mascara flaked under both eyes. Good luck getting those suckers to flick off. The flakes married my Malley undereye concealer for a nice punch in the eye look. Yep I am BEAU -T- FULL today! I do like the packaging though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by theblackrabbitofinle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so mad I just spend $9 on this product. Okay. This is what I did. I bought the Revlon Lash Fantasy in Blackest Black. I applied it to one eye, first with the primer, then with the mascara. Then, on the other eye, I applied this old mascara I had from before, Estee Lauder More Than Mascara. The result, the Estee Lauder eye had clearly defined, natural-looking, full eyelashes, while the Revlon eye had clumpy lashes that were stuck together, so it actually looks like you have less lashes. Alright, not to worry, I would try it again. I wiped my eye, and this time, I applied the primer, let it sit there for a while to dry, and then coated it with the mascara. The result was the same. I wiped again and gave it one last chance, this time without the primer, just applying the mascara itself, and I got poor results. All in all, I would not recommend this product because it makes your lashes stick together (so they look sparse) and it has the clumpy look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by byourself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't quite understand the ad reviews for this product. I have short and straight lashes and this is the mascara I preffer for its dramatic lenghtening, volumizing and curling effect.

It is true that it can clump, but the key to this mascara is NOT to apply too much. I apply 1 coat of the primer to each eye. It is important not to apply several coats, otherwise it will clump. So one coat of primer, wiggling through the lashes. Then I apply the mascara part, one or two coats applied in a zig zag motion until all the lashes are coated.

The finished result is dramatically longer and fuller lashes with a nice curl. It lasts all day and didn't flake

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Vixxan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If after you finish putting on your mascara you want to have only three large eyelashes that are the size of a finger then this is the mascara for you.

I've heard of bat out of hell but not mascara out of hell, until now. I don't get the concept of this product.

1. Coat you eyelashes with white stuff.
2. Use 10 coats of bad mascara to cover it up.
3. Start laughing because everyone that sees your three large eyelashes will be laughing at you.

Don't do it just find something else to use.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No