April 20, 2014 | 1725 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by mabsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lolita Lempicka is definitely sweet. But unlike many other perfumes, the sweetness here isn't foodie nor floral and I don't find it to be a necessarily girlish scent.

As so many others have mentioned, the licorice/anise note is very prominent here. But don't think candy licorice, rather it's the star anise straight out of the spice cabinet - spicy (in a peppery way), musty, and with a peculiar sharpness. The heavy ivy note in the beginning also adds a rather intense (imo) greenness. There is a sweetness to the beginning as well but it's obviously separate from the ivy and licorice. It's as if someone put a bowl of sugared water beside the anise and the ivy and then you took a deep inhale..... Separate, but together. I find the overall result is a somewhat medicinal (but not necessarily in a bad way) opening; perhaps a bit too sharply green for my own personal taste but still nice enough.

The middle is where the ivy fades a great deal and seems to be replaced by a woodiness. It's still quite green but the vanilla starts to creep out and the sweetness from the vanilla seems to mix in with the other notes and the sugar tempers the sharpness a bit. The spicyness of the opening licorice remains and combines very well with the sweet. The notes also get a bit more powdery but not intensely so. Personally I'm not very fond of powdery scents but Lolita doesn't get bad enough that I find it unappealing.

The greenness is mostly completely gone in the base. I find the base to be the sweetest part of the entire fragrance. The powderiness from earlier fades a great deal and the scent warms quite a bit and loses the forest-y part of it from earlier. Lolita becomes quite honey-like with bits of spicy chocolate/vanilla and there are the barest, barest hints to something else (licorice, greens). For those of you who don't really like sweet scents though, it's still alright, the base I find to be very very faint and fleeting. You have to concentrate to smell it. The musk does peek out a bit as well, but less so on my skin (on clothes though, it's a different story - the muskiness and peppery aspects are much more prominent and it's much more unisex/mens aftershave kind of scent). The base isn't exactly as warm and inviting as I would like, but then, Lolita's not really a "comforting" fragrance so it makes sense.

Longevity is decent, about 8ish hours or so. And as so many others have said, the bottle's beautifully adorable. I haven't had any issues with the spray top yet but sometimes it can be a bit difficult to see exactly where you've got the opening nozzle turned if you're not paying attention.

Overall, a decent frag. I like it, but it can get a bit sharp for me at times - it might rate a bit higher if the vanilla notes came out more for me and the ivy was toned down just a little-little bit. I find the advertisements to be a fair representation of the perfume - all dark greens and woods but with a sweet dryad at the heart of it all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by ellesee7

I freaking love this perfume. If you love vanilla scent, this is perfect for you! Love the aftersmell of this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by h28226

I've got this perfum as a gift. I felt in love with this. Now I have been using another bottle. People often asked me what I had. Overall I would like to keep buying !

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by smileybiker

This is the only fragance which I have repurchased and that is saying alot. I do really like this smell, reminds me of French summer evenings. I do like it, but i only gave it 4, because I am now craving to purchase other fragrances to try out. I find its quite expensive too. But usually buy it in sales.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by cbailey4111

I've been trying very hard to like this. :( I just can't get over the anise. It's too strong, and it's not very attractive to me. I like the dry down alright, and the bottle is so gorgeous I'll keep it on my vanity but I won't be wearing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ellieface23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the way this perfume is packaged.....the bottle is pretty and cute (and I am sucker for the color purple.) I tried this on at Sephora, and was absolutely disgusted. It was WAAAAAY too sweet.....but there was also something else about it, something old and nasty like. I am really glad that I tried this before I bought it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by mimiki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

wow!!it's a very good fragrance!!it has long staying power and it makes me feel so much comfortable!just love it....<3<3

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by BeautyC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, Love, Love this perfume!!!! First bought it 8 years ago and still love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by mommybabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this fragrance! The first time I.tried it was when my mom brought me a bottle back from Spain, I instantly fell in love with it. The scent to me defines femininity, its quite a unique scent and I'm no expert in describing fragrances. I would suggest trying before buying as it won't be to everyone's taste. I however can't get enough of it and always come back to this. Such a mysterious, alluring scent. I find perfect for all seasons, day n night.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Either I need a new nose or this stuff is terrible. I put it down there with "Angel", at least on me.