Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

3.8

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this so much. I love woody oriental type frangrances but this scent was a no go. On first spray I get a strong hit of fruit and ivy. After a little while I smelled my wrist and I still get the fruit but also a strong musk. It almost smells like I had two different scents on my wrist, it's a little schizophrenic. The final dry down is a wonderful anise, tonka bean and musk scent. If the first spray smelled like the final dry down, I would totally love this. But it's not worth the hour or two it takes to get to it. The bottle is wonderful though.

on 10/21/2011 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Oh my lord. My mother and I had heard a lot about the complex licorice, vanilla, green ivy and violet notes and sought it out to try. We sprayed it on both our wrists and waited a few minutes, both sniffed and and our eyes met. What? I said, Do you smell what I smell? She said that can't be synthetic rubber and some sort of chemical smell? And I said is it SPERMIDAL CONDOMS?? YES! She cried, thats it, how disgusting! So thats what the advertising meant when it called this the "My First Time Fragrance"! It seems to be a simple 2-note perfume, first the "condom accord" then dries down to a sour peppery musk. No sweetness, no green notes or licorice ect. Just spermicidal condoms and cheap old musk. Didn't last long it faded quickly thank god. To sum up, I'd rather smell like a wet dog or a piece of cheese than this. Fragrances REALLY seem to be a matter of opinion.

on 10/11/2011 4:35:00 PM

Im not sure yet!!! like I wanted to love it because all of the reviews , and if I read through the notes in this one I would be completely and utterly in love with it However it doesn t transferr dthose scents into my skin I really wished to love it !!

this itīs what is smells to me:

at first it is like very green, grassy ... then slowly it turns into rotting wet leaves. very very musky and then BAM ... like dirt! yeah that it is what I smell !!! soil or wet dirt, when you hold wet dirt in your hand that is precisely what I get..... then slowly I can smell a bit of vanilla somewhere??? no licorice on me NOTHING... very very musky again a bit of dirt , in the end I can smell the powdery dry down with some more dirt, not precisely sweet as others mention, I plainly get powder, musk and dirt..... If I could describe it better it smells ike the sweater you put inside your drawer for over a year and then you pull out and has that very peculiar scent of old clothing??? I really want to like it I will wear it and see if I get complimented in any way..... I so unhappy now!

on 10/4/2011 2:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Unique and beautiful. I am really turned off by overly sweet (singers turned perfumers) scents. This is so not one of those. It is more complex and mature.

on 9/29/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I never would have guessed that I would take a liking to a licorice based scent, but this proved me wrong. The tonka, ivy, licorice and vanilla are the most stand out notes. I love the woodsy feel. I would say this is the "wood nymph" of my fragrance collection. A wonderful fall & winter scent. The licorice note is very provocative. Love how sexy this makes me feel. Very vampish. Not one for the PTO meetings thats for sure!

"Lolita Lempicka fragrance is based on licorice. Beautiful anise note is a perfect match to licorice and violet. The intensive green ivy note is fresh and optimistic. The almond is in harmony with woodsy iris and sweet vanilla, united with heliotrope and Tonka"

on 9/6/2011 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been looking for a fun, sweet perfume to wear during the day. This smelled great on paper, with an anise-rootbeer note and some synthetic but still good-smelling fruits and flowers. The anise lasted well through the drydown, which kept it from getting too sickly sweet, with a clean woody base. On my skin though, the top notes disappeared in about 10 minutes, leaving just a mild fruity patchouli base that was a little too sour on my skin. Adorable bottle, and I usually couldn't care less about bottles.

on 8/30/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was so ready to fall in love with this perfume having read all of its raving reviews. I tried it on during two occasions at the mall, giving it a chance to develop for three hours or so. During the entirety of the test periods, it was just cloyingly, sickenly sweet on me! The spiciness added a nice edge but only seemed to augment the overwhelming effect of the sweetness. The perfume simply did not suit me and my body chemistry :( The pillage was quite weak as well--I could still smell the test of Hanae Mori on my right wrist at the end of the day, whereas Lolita Lempicka seemed to have dissipated within two hours of shopping.

The bottle is absolutely beautiful, though. Also, the scent is definitely unique, but given its popularity I wouldn't trust keeping it as a signature scent.

on 8/29/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

gorgeous bottle, very fairytale I LOVE the scent of this, immediate burst of anise, followed by slightly powdery violet which lasts well into the dry down with a hint of vanilla musk. Long lasting, could smell this the day after! However more than one spritz gives me a headache, so i spray my wrists then rub my neck. It's up there as one of my favourites. I love how it's not as readily available so i don't know anyone who uses this !

on 7/16/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Recieved this in a swap. Thank goodness I didnt pay for it. Yuck. This is like a gourmand fragrance gone rancid. The Licorice and Anis are way to prominent. Spicy but not in a good way. Its a very complicated scent that just doesnt agree with my skin. Definitly wont be going out to buy a bottle. Would like to swap the one I have.

*Edit* Im changing it to a 4 because I have become oddly obsessed with this. It has grown on me and now I love it!!

on 7/8/2011 7:20:00 AM

Hands down my all time favorite perfume, but I wish I could change the perfume dispenser since it isn't very good. The packaging is really beautiful and the scent is perfect for a night out.