Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

Water, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel), Menthol, Acetyl, Glucosamine, Trehalose, Soudium Hyaluronate, Butyene Glycol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 (CI 17200), EXT Violet (CI 60730)

on 12/28/2012 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am really a Clinique Type 3, but I use this some in winter. It works as well as the #3 Lotion in dry weather. My skin doesn't react to it in any negative way. It does tingle when you put it on, but that tells you it's working. Once the humidity gets high again I go back to Clarifying Lotion #3.

on 12/27/2012 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have used this toner for years!
I had combination skin when I was younger which was acne prone, and even though alcohol dries out the skin and inflames the spots, I found this was great keeping the oil and sebum at bay.
Now that I am a little older and my skin is more normal than combination, I still love to use this. I love seeing the product pick up all the dirt and residue on the cotton ball. It's very refreshing.
I only use this in the evening though, never twice a day, concentrating on the T zones only.
If this product is too drying for you, try using it only once daily after the day has ended. Using it in your morning routine may strip all the oil your skin naturally produces and dry out the skin too much. I will definitely use this product for years to come.

on 12/20/2012 4:47:00 PM

I've been using this for years, along with the clinque mild cleanser and DDMG. This toner is unbelievably refreshing, soothing, and gets rid of any makeup, oil, or dirt left behind that your cleanser didn't get. It leaves a very tingly, clean feeling. I feel like it brings my skin back to neutral, back to comfort when I have a breakout (dry patches, acne, etc), it works on any and all problems I have. It is NOT excessively harsh as many people like to claim. I have some of the most sensitive, picky, easily-irritated skin, and this works great for me. When i stop using it, my skin freaks out ! I'll never stop using this.

on 12/8/2012 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this toner! Clinique products are amazing are they are the only thing that dosent make me break out. after i wash my face, i apply this toner and it cleans the areas that my cleanser didn't reach. My pores feels really clean and therefore it prevents blemishes. Only downside to this is that it contains alcohol & its quite pricey but if it works then i'm willing to pay! definetly recommend!

on 12/1/2012 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It has a lot of irritating ingredients in it. It is very harsh on one's skin. As, every time I used it, it would provide a lot of stinging to my skin.

Please do not use this stuff! As it is totally not worth it.

on 11/16/2012 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

When I started out with the 3-step, I was advised to use it twice a day. But in the last year I noticed that I was breaking out regularly, despite my routine, and it was actually worse the more I tried to remedy it.
I realised - I was breaking out due to over cleansing. Now I only use this lotion once a day, in the evening. My skin's never been better.

on 11/16/2012 7:37:00 AM

I will not go without this product. I don't use this everyday(I did for a while but it's a bit too harsh for me),but if I get pimple or whiteheads, I would soak a cotton pad and use this as a mini mask, just on the affected area. also, if I just cleared some blackheads and clogged pores, I would use this to soak as well. I think this helps to reduce inflammation and tightens the pore and clears away any micro remaining gunks out of them, so that those things won't come back.

I always get the biggest bottle and if they have the bottle with the pump, I would get that. if you love these clarifying lotions, you really should get the pump bottle. it makes your life so much easier.

on 11/11/2012 5:21:00 PM

Worrying to see people refer to this as a toner, as it is an exfoliater. Keeps my skin looking radiant and smoother. Good work

on 11/10/2012 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After three years using this product on and off I think I have to finally bite the bullet and admit it... this is THE make or break part of my skincare routine.

I really didn't want it to be because I have had very limited success with other aspects of Clinique and because I wanted to be able to drop a step from my skincare... but alas, it's not to be.

I have mostly dry/normal skin so when I went to the clinique counter years ago and they recommended I take something that smelt like this and put it on my face I considered getting their head checked, however it's amazing. Out of the clinique three step for me this is the only part that can't be duped elsewhere!

Within minutes of using this my skin looks perked up. Two days later my skin feels so much more in balance. I don't feel like I'm oily at all but nor do I feel that my skin is pruning up.

Probably the best thing about this though? It makes inexpensive moisturisers much more effective at what they do. I used to purchase clinique, origins etc moisturisers but due to life getting in the way I no longer have the luxury. But used in combo with my Nivea Q10 Night Cream, my skin feels amazing afterwards whereas I was previously having issues getting the moisturiser to sink in on particularly hot days.

Right now I'm only using this at night as I'm worried that this may be a bit intense at the minute for me but I will have a part of this range in my program even if I have to change numbers with the season or with age.

I would urge you not to be put off by the smell or the tingling feeling, this is worth it!

on 10/28/2012 12:04:00 PM

Received a free sample pack of the 3 step system from sephora. This product definitely helped with oil control on my forehead and nose, but it absolutely burned my skin in the sensitive areas around my mouth and chin after 3 days of use. I'm still dealing with flaky red patches a week after I stopped using it. If you have sensitive skin, beware. I switched to the mild toner, but even that seems to be drying me out too much.