April 18, 2014 | 1225 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by EffieH

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation based on the great reviews here at MakeupAlley and I am so happy that I tried it! I usually don't have very good luck with drugstore foundations and have generally avoided Cover Girl (I guess I still remember the heavily scented Cover Girl liquid foundation from the 70s). I am 57 years old with an oily T-zone, large pores, and Rosacea. I don't like to use heavy unnatural foundations to cover my rosacea so I usually put up with a bit of redness showing through in order to get a more natural look and then use a tinted setting powder for more coverage. This foundation is heavenly, though! It goes on so smoothly, quickly, and blends easily, and covers the redness while still staying natural looking. And it's spf 20, which is really an added bonus, as I always use sunscreen under my makeup. I usually wear a setting powder to set my foundation, but this foundation looks so matte and natural that I think I could get away without using it, especially in the summer time. I got 820, creamy natural, and the color is perfect! I am really thrilled I tried this foundation -- definitely my new HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by gxnxsissss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation!!!!!!!!! I have oily/combo skin, this keeps me matte all day(with rimmel stay matte) in this Florida heat. Okay, my shade is soft honey, & it's a perfect match for my yellow skin tone. This blends like a dream & is not cakey & I even sometimes put TWO pumps. I love the packaging, you can twist and lock & it's very sanitary with a pump. Not cakey, feels light, stays matte, blends easily, nice packaging, great color match? yes please! Btw this covers my dark dark under eye circles 7/10. :) medium full coverage. Full is 2 pumps. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Ambam032

I find it very hard to blend this makeup. It's sets up very quickly. By midday I'm greasy and my makeup is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by rcgg1993

This is my HG foundation! I'm the type of girl that gets bored with having the same foundation, and I'm a makeup junkie so I love to try the newest and greatest. But even if I stray off the path I always and I mean ALWAYS come back to this one. I've been using this foundation ever since it came to my Target, so since about January of last year. It doesn't break me out (super sensitive Latina skin that gets hyper-pigmentation easily) and it keeps my skin natural all day. I say natural because at first, yes it is very matte, but throughout my 12 hour days my natural (combo skin) oils blend in and create a natural flawless finish... NEVER oily or greasy. The coverage is like none I've ever seen. It can be built up to full with 1 layer and spot concealing. Even if I accidentally go overboard sometimes it never looks cakey on me. I have loved this foundation for a year and have never looked back. The one gripe I have about the packaging is the darn cap! Its always popping off and it gets messy but I always turn the pump to lock just in case. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I will die if it's ever discontinued :( P.S. I use this with my ELF Powder Brush and it is ALL LOVEEE <3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first time experiencing a pump bottle. It's so easy to use and sanitary. The consistency is so thin that I expected a barely there coverage. This to my surprise had such a full coverage that it really eliminated my concealer step for my tricky acne scars. The staying power is awesome because it lasted even through my steamy session with the boyfriend...(girls you know what I'm talking about!) I got my color in 832 Nude Beige which suits my light-medium hispanic skin. The only con I can say is that this is so matte that it leaves me looking flat and feeling very heavy. I probably won't repurchase because I'm a foundation junkie that has to try everything and anything that hits the shelves (it's a problem, lol) but for someone who doesn't feel the need to it would be a great repurchase for those days or nights where you want the heavy coverage.

Update: This is way too heavy for me to put all over my face. I love using this as a concealer to use over top of my Revlon Colorstay. I apply the Revlon Colorstay to my face and buff it out with Ecotools BB Cream Brush and then apply this Covergirl to my jawline where I need severe coverage that I don't get with the Colorstay and buff it in with the same brush. The results are beautiful!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by MakeupandMiranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product so bad that I almost convinced myself that I did. Truly, the actual product ,for the most part, is great. Package quality is fantastic, consistency is lovely, and the thought of having an all in one product is really nice. However, this product has one major downfall, that in which being the colour. I purchased the lightest shade, Ivory. It applied nicely and looked great and I made my way to class. Halfway through the day, I looked in the mirror and was absolutely horrified to see that the foundation had dried at least 2-3 shades darker than what it had applied. To some people, this may not be a huge problem, but to a pale girl, it is! This is a major downfall to this product. If the company adjusted this product so that the formula would dry as it applied, I would most certainly repurchase it because other than the colour, it was very nice. But what is a good foundation without proper colour, correct?

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by bhrebeauty13

I do not like the color range at all

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by linhluu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is currently my favorite foundation! It lasts all day for me, even with my oily skin. I also think the color selection is very good, and the shade classic tan matches me PERFECTLY. I was skeptical with buying the shade that matched me because I assumed that it would oxidize and become too dark/orange for me, but it didn't! I would also like to mention that I use a primer and setting powder/spray with this foundation because my face is very oily. That being said, I don't know how this foundation works on it's own. But after using this foundation with my other products, I find that I only have to touch up once throughout the day, and I stayed matte for hours! This foundation doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all, and sometimes I forget I even put makeup on while wearing it. The formula is not too runny either; it's the perfect consistency and the coverage is very buildable! I love that this foundation comes with a pump, but sometimes i find that product will leak out of it. This problem is easily fixed by just twisting the pump to lock it! Overall I love this foundation, I think it's perfect for me and I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ally014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this foundation! Does not cake up and looks smooth on my face. Some drugstore brands don't have my skin tone right but this foundation is perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this foundation because who wouldn't want a great 3-in-1 foundation at a drugstore price. I found the colors close to my skin tone a little too peachy/pink. I ended up purchasing the color that I usually wear in Cover Girl (classic ivory). It was slightly too peach when I put it on, but it would have been ok if the foundation didn't oxidize throughout the day - unfortunately it did oxidize and my face looked orange-ish.

I did not care for the finish either. It seemed to make my pores look larger, and the matte finish was too harsh which made my complexion look dull. Also, I didn't find this to be a long wearing foundation. I prefer Revlon's Colorstay to this foundation (it lasts longer and has more natural skin tones).