December 22, 2014 | 1767 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by katmint

I think this is a great everyday mascara. It looks natural and it really doesn't clump. I also really love that it's easy to remove! I find that this never smudges, and just comes off when I wash my face at night. It's not the most volumising mascara I've used, but I don't want that during the day anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by spooji

It barely smudges, but the formula is rather dry and it doesn't do too much volumizing. Great for everyday and there are minimal clumps. Overall it does its job, but it does seem to make my lashes droop a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by annap888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For an every day mascara this is AMAZING. I don't usually buy commercials that claim many things, but this does exactly what it claims. There are ZERO clumps when I use this. The formula is rather dry but it words wonders for every day.

I am still able to get volume and length, however it wouldn't be enough for night time use for me. For that I usually use the volume orange tube mascara or l'oreal voluminous carbon black (which clumps A LOT but provides tons of volume)

Overall amazing for every day use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by popoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this mascara doesn't do anything crazy to your eyelashes - in other words, it neither lengthens nor curl your lashes to the extreme. it gives your lashes natural soft look.

the clumping does occur, however, comparing to another brand of mascara that I opened on the same date, clumping is minimal.

I purchased water resistant mascara and I am starting understand why CoverGirl is marketing it as water resistant rather than waterproof.
while i understand that most "waterproof" mascara aren't really waterproof, but this mascara comes off far too easily with water....

overall, i'd still purchase this mascara because i go after natural "no make up" makeup looks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Was not impressed. I feel like this is just a very basic mascara to darken the lashes, that's about it. There is no volume, even with 2 coats. My lashes were very "thin" looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Kirstenamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is okay, not great. It is good in the way that it doesn't go clumpy for me, but my usual mascara (Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion) doesn't either. I really dislike the curved wand, it just makes it a bit hard to apply neatly without getting any mascara anywhere else. For me it doesn't apply enough mascara to my lashes with one coat, or even two really. It is probably better for those who like a very natural "no makeup" kind of look. It isn't horrible, but I will be going back to the Last Blast Fusion when I run out of this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

There are better drugstore mascaras. Formula is okay, buildable. The original Lash Blast works better for that, though (no clumping with original Lb for me, which I've repurchased a few times). The brush is a bit annoying--but using the rounded side first, then the curved side, works best for me. On its own it's quite natural looking, but lengthening.

It's a good layering mascara. I have tried it layered on top of Maybelline the Falsies. This gave a beautiful thick, false lash look as you might get from a very good HE mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by LizPennington

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara! I've been using and repurchasing for around 6 months now! It separates my lashes and doesn't clump just like it says it won't! It makes my lashes so long and the bright green packaging means its easy to find in my makeup collection!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the waterproof version, just a heads up!

I love the two other CoverGirl mascaras I have, let's just be honest. I love their lash blast volume (the one in the orange tube) and I like the lash perfection one (the gray and silver tube that's one of their cheapest). This one, this one I do not like. Well... Love hate.

First, the wand being curved like that makes it for me incredibly difficult to put on mascara. Yeah, I'm no professional, but when I'm poking my eye with this wand more than the straight ones, then it's got to be something negative for me to point out. I don't like that I constantly have to really think about how I'm holding the wand or where I should start with it. I mean, for the lower lashes it's pretty nice though.

That's actually my biggest complaint. But my second complaint is that it really isn't waterproof. I had a bit of a cry one day when I was wearing this mascara and when I was carefully wiping my tears away, the mascara came right off. I even told my boyfriend right there and then "So much for waterproof". I mean, it wasn't waterworks or anything, just a few tears. So I wonder what would happen if I got caught in the rain with this mascara... Would I look like an insta-raccoon panda hybrid?

My third complaint is that it's name is "ClumpCrusher" and all it does is clump on me. I have to constantly go over my lashes to get the clumps off, and it's frustrating sometimes when I want to go for a more natural looking lash. For my bottom lashes, I put just a tad of this on and have to take a tissue or my finger and lightly run it on my lashes to remove some of the clumps...

...That being said, I tend to only do one coat of mascara, but with this one, since I have to go over it a few times to get the clumps out, I do so and I must say this mascara looks great with 2-3 coats. I actually like how my mom asked me "When did you learn how to put false eyelashes on?" when I was wearing this mascara one day. My already long lashes paired with this formula is pretty nice. And it does last all day, no flakes, no smudges (as long as it's not wet out, I mean), and it doesn't weigh my lashes down.

Again though, the fact it isn't waterproof, it isn't really clump crushing, and the wand being curved, makes me hate this thing... But I have to be fair, it's a decent mascara, I'll use it up and maybe learn how to not poke my eye with this stupid curved wand. It indeed is a love hate type thing, but I wont repurchase it. I'll always choose my HG mascara the Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes over this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by miamiamay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked CG Lash Blast Volume, so I decided to pick this up.
First off, the smell is so INKY. I already wasn't a fan off the strong mascara smell. After curling my lashes, I applied 2 coats. The "clump crushing" power was about the same as my other mascara- a little clumpiness, but not too bad. The only problem was my lashes were so thin! I really like a thick lash look, and my lashes just looked like they were darkened (I bought Very Black). The length was good,but I already have pretty long lashes and they were curled.
To get some more thickness, I added a 3rd coat and nothing happened! They didn't clump, but were still thin :(
I would say if you like a natural look, or want a minimal makeup look, to try this mascara. This really gives "no clumps", but it wasn't for me.