April 20, 2014 | 1302 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
Very average mascara that did not work for my Asian lashes at all. Most mascaras (waterproof and non-waterproof) hold curl wonderfully post curl on my eyelashes. I NEVER have to curl after mascara application. This mascara weighed down my lashes and made them look "flat". The whole point of applying mascara is to give depth, volume and some kind of vavavoom!

Formula is nice at first but this mascara dries out really quickly. With everyday use, I found that it dried up in 2.5-3 weeks. It works okay as an everyday mascara (requires 3 coats to even be OKAY hence the 2 stars) but I will not repurchase.

TIP:
I washed and saved the brush wand before tossing out the tube. I use it to comb through clump mascaras.

I'm a fan of the Covergirl LashBlast original - orange tube but the wand is huge! But it holds curl wonderfully and gives a lot of volume.

RECOMMENDATION:
If your lashes are short and you find that waterproof formulas work best for your lashes, I would suggest giving this mascara a skip.

If you are blessed with long lashes give this mascara a shot!

PRICE:
In Australia this mascara ranges from $10 on sale to $17 RRP. I would not repurchase this mascara even if it were on sale. There are $5 mascaras that work better than this (Essence!)

EDIT:
TIP 2: I keep mascara wands when my old tubes of mascara come to an end. Toss out the tube, wash and keep the wands. They're really useful for combing through your brows to define/soften and eyelashes to keep clump free.
I kept the wand from my original Lash Blast (orange tube) but could not use it to brush through my eyebrows or de clump my eyelashes... I decided to use the orange Lash Blast wand with the Clump Crusher mascara tube. THE RESULTS ARE PHENOMENAL. A heap of volume. Clump free.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Another GREAT Covergirl mascara. My HG is Lashblast and I had to pick this up too. I love this when I am looking for a more toned down look. I love this doesn't clump at all and it will not make your lashes spidery or weird at all. It's a medium formula and isn't too wet or dry.

It holds a curl well and fans out the lashes. I prefer the Lashblast because I can get more volume with it but this is so close it's hard to say anything bad. I switch them around and love them both.

The tube is clunky and I wish they would change it, but I will take that over a crappy product. Wand is rubber like the Lashblast and this is curved unlike the Lashblast.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kitskats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this mascara! Works great on lashes. I constantly buy it again when its done. Thumbs up !!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by hannahmartin

I was hesitant with the "would you repurchase" part of this evaluation. The truth is this is the best drugstore mascara I have used in awhile. I used to love layering the loreal voluminous mascara with great lash, and even using voluminous on its own, but I have discovered that it has really gone down hill. So I decided to try a new one. Clump crusher has received accolades on review boards, totalbeauty.com and allure magazine so I figured it had as good a shot as any. It lived up to expectations. I find that my lashes look long, full, and totally clump-free with this mascara even with multiple layers. For someone who is looking for a top drugstore mascara this is a great bet for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by iBrowse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried many mascaras before but this really does separate effectively.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Julesdancer28

This is the best mascara I've ever used. It's amazing on the bottom lashes as well! It has very good staying power and like the name I had 0 clumps. I love the brush because it curls my lashes. Even if you aren't fond of rubber brushes, id highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down, best mascara ever.

I hate the look of clumpy lashes yet I won't settle for anything less than full volume. This gives me full, lush lashes in two coats and best of all, doesn't smudge the entire day! Only thing I would change is the packaging.. Cover Girl always makes their mascara tubes so big and bulky, and I'm not a huge fan of green haha.. but whatever, the product is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by queeniekasey

This mascara is the bomb!!!! I've used a number of mascaras from Covergirl and Maybelline, and this is definitely my fave after all these years. I used to love the one that's in that big orange tube that is supposed to create volume, but it could cause clumps. This mascara gives me great volume, lengthening, and no clumps! And it lasts the whole day, which really surprised me. Definitely repurchasing when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

One of the greatest regrets of my life is not buying a case of Max Factor 2000 Calorie in Brownish Black while I could. I just love me a curved brush. Now companies are pumping out mascaras that are modeled on snakes and medieval torture devices, but for years it was either the spiral bristles or nothing. 2000 Calorie was the exception. (Yeah, I think there's some variation of Great Lash with a curved brush, but it's crappy Great Lash. Why'd you even bring that up?)

So I saw the ads for Clump-Crusher and was all over that. Thankfully, it didn't disappoint. It's got the rubber bristles just like Lash Blast, but it's on a brush that's curved and tapered at either end kind of like a banana. It's just the perfect shape for my eyes. I can get right up at the roots of my lashes, which makes this mascara so unique.

I have fairly long, dark lashes to start with, so I mainly look for volume in a mascara. I personally was never the biggest fan of LashBlast because with the straight brush it just seemed I couldn't build up enough volume and the brush was just so big I couldn't get close to the lash line or the inner lashes. It wouldn't clump, but it would also kind of comb out the amount of product I need to actually build on my lashes for thickness. The Clump Crusher brush is very similar, but the curve makes all the difference. It seems like it's getting lashes from both the top and bottom in one swipe. I get nice volume because of this. And because the tip is tapered, you can get into the inner and outer corners easily without depositing too much product.

It doesn't clump at all on me, but I'm not a multiple coats kinda gal. I might do two at the most, and then it looks really natural rather than dramatic. When I want blacker than black fat lashes, I go with Mally. But when I'm doing a softer look for daytime, I go with this. Mally is also really hard to remove, but Clump Crusher is a cinch. I don't have the waterproof version, but it's worth noting that my eyes have been tearing today and Clump Crusher is still hanging in pretty well. So staying power is great. It ran, but I still have a good amount of mascara on.

So I love it. Mascara preferences are so subjective because we all have such different lashes, but I'm very pleased with it. I doubt you'll get drama with it (unless maybe you're someone who does multiple coats. I say, Ain't nobody got time for that!).

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by TaraBrooks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend gave me this mascara so I tried it out and I loved it so much. It's great to wear on it's own or with another mascara. And I swear this does not clump no matter how many coats you put on. I usually wear this for length because it does give some length and I wear the Loreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions on top. The clump crusher does so well in holding a curl all day. Love this mascara you have to try it.