OPI Chip Skip

2.7

ETHYL ACETATE, AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE

on 5/24/2007 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Saw it in a magazine and decided to try it. It's like brushing water on your nails! It does not prevent chipping or anything else. Would never buy again.

on 1/5/2007 1:29:00 AM

Well this nail treatment doesn't exactly prevent chips but it does help rid the nailbeds of any oils and prep them for polish. Its the same as prepping your nails with remover or vinegar, same concept and same results. Actually Chip Skip smells a lot like remover so I think it's just nailpolish remover repackaged and with a brush. OPI occasionally has this packaged with a nailpolish or Ulta has a special on it. But I'll never pay retail or discounted price for this. AT least it doesn't harm my nails or make them worse.

on 11/20/2006 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I felt that this actually made my nails and my polish more brittle, rather than helping it last. It dries instantly with a cloudy finish, so I would follow with a base coat, color, and top coat. Save your money, donít buy this.

on 10/28/2006 4:37:00 PM

Reading the reviews here, this seems to either work for you or it doesn't. My nails have been through a really bad couple of years and anything which I put on my nails would just peel off after a day or so, just at the edge. I decided to try this in desperation ( I even bought Bond Aid which I gather is the same - over kill or what!) and it made the polish last a good 4 days before chipping (I'm going through a Nail Envy phase at the moment and that's staying on). I have said that I would buy again but really with 30ml of Bond Aid and 15ml of Chip Skip they will see me out!

on 10/11/2006 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Not sure what it is about this product but it does make my manicure last days longer than without it. The longest I've gone is almost 2 weeks! Its pricy so I have my nail tech get it for me with her discount.

on 9/5/2006 4:25:00 AM

Didn't help too much with chipping. But I didn't really have a huge chipping problem anyway. But this makes applying my nails colors so much smoother. Before I tried this, I always end up with polishes outside my nails, and I need to clean it up afterwards with a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover. Now I can get perfect color in one go.

Another good thing is the small brush. It deposits just the right amount of product and one bottle will probably last forever.

on 7/22/2006 1:52:00 AM

I didn't like this all over my nails at all and didn't see any prevention of chipping, but it works GREAT for smoothing chipped spots before touching them up. I'll buy it again so I can fix my nails in between full manicures.

on 5/21/2006 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

This is the only way I can actually wear nailpolish anymore. Before this I'd stooped due to the fact that regardless what basecoat I used or didn't use (and FYI the latest was Stickey) or what topcoat I did or didn't use (Seche Vite, Poshe, Jessica, and countless cheapie ones) nailpolish didn't so much chip on me as peel off in one solid piece, like that old peel off polish from the 80s---sometimes taking a fine layer of nail along with it. The longest I'd had polish stay on my nails was about four hours, if I didn't touch anything. Chip Skip worked with good polish (Lippmann, Essie, OPI, etc) and it also worked just as well with cheaper stuff (Wet & Wild, Milani, NYC). I'm not sure how this works or what's in it, but I've also tried the 'swiping the nails with nailpolish remover' trick but it didn't work as well as this. I don't mind paying $10 for it, as it's not thick, won't goop up, and will probably last forever. Not to mention the fact that I haven't been able to wear polish for years until last week. Awesome.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My Chip Skip came free bundled with OPI base and top coats. You could run a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover over your about-to-be-painted nails to get the same effect, but what the heck it was free.

on 1/1/2006 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think what I found most disappointing about this product is that it is basically nail polish remover packaged and advertised as some fantastic chip preventative. Which is fine, but not for $10 a bottle - what a rip-off. If you are considering this product, save yourself a bunch of money and just use nail polish remover to prep your nails before your basecoat - it's the same thing, but WAY cheaper.

Popular Treatments