MAC Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

4.4

on 9/17/2010 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My HG red lip! This is a quite lovely blue based red with a pinkish berry undertone. It work fabulously with my pale skin with pink undertones. It looked pretty much the same as MAC's Ruby Woo, but this is not nearly as drying- and the finish is not quite as matte as Ruby Woo. The SA pointed me to this as a dupe for Ruby Woo without the drying side effects.

This color would be best for cool toned gals. Here's how to tell if you are cool VS warm: Cool is for those with pinkish or soft red undertones. Hair color can range from black to dark red to platinum blonde. Eye color is usually light as in blue or green. If you are African American, then your eye color will be very dark brown, almost black. Cools usually burn first and may take along time to achieve a tan. Quite a few won’t tan at all. If you look at the veins on the underside of your arm, they will appear bluish. Cool skin tones look better in silver jewelry, white instead of ivory and bolder colors close to their face. Warm is for skin tones with a yellow, ruddy or peachy complexion. Hair color can range from dark brown to dark blonde to dark auburn. Eye color is usually brown, hazel, or darker blue. This skin tone tans well and usually does not burn. If you look at the underside of your arm, your veins may have a slight greenish tint if you can even see them at all. You look better in warmer colors, gold jewelry, and ivory instead of white. *credit goes to Everyday Minerals for this explanation.

my steps to rock a red lip: lightly exfoliate--->condition--->powder lips with blot powder--->line lips with red line--->fill in lips with lipstick and GO!

on 7/27/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

An absolutely beautiful Latina friend of mine always wears red lipstick, and it looks so glam and timeless. I love red lips, but all my reds were far too dark for a nice, bright daytime look. MAC Red, however, is that great red! It's satiny, a hint of glossy, and doesn't dry my lips. Paired with Cherry liner (MAC) under it as well as LipVenom Primer (DuWop), it lasts and lasts. It never bleeds on me, and always looks fresh. Applying it from the tube is also easy. Sometimes I like to forgo liner for a bit more of a casual, messier look and simply smudge the edges with my finger to create a blurry, lush lip. My lips are already very full, and this just makes them work past their potential. Love it!

on 7/22/2010 3:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love, love, love the colour. Still yet to find a red with staying power tho :-( My hubby is a lover of red lips and is not shy about telling me when I need a touch up (he calls it border control). Full day out on Saturday with drinks and food and border control was called thrice. That's the average for chemist bought lip stick - I'd expect a bit more from MAC. But the colour is truly delicious!

on 7/14/2010 3:52:00 AM

My favorite red! It's my pin up girl red. Not to matte, not too glossy. And it doesn't bleed or get all over my teeth because of the perfect satin finish. I always wear it with MAC Cherry l/l and it's a perfect match. No need for gloss and I can apply it straight from the tube. Looks especially good in the winter when my skin is paler. Neutral eyes, lots of mascara, andI feel like Snow White.

on 7/12/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my go to red. I always get complimented on this lipstick. I have ruby woo and Russian red as well, but this is my favorite. It's creamy and has a slight tinge of pink. It works well with my olive skin tone.

on 6/4/2010 4:13:00 AM

A nice shade of blue based red with a great satiny finish. The texture is creamy and paired with a lip liner (MAC's Cherry or Brick) it really lasts. I don't wear reds as often as I use to, but like other reviewers have mentioned pairing this shade with a neutral eye and loads of black mascara is a classic and timeless look.

on 5/17/2010 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Such a beautiful red! It makes me pop and feel so glam! Love it.

on 5/11/2010 7:13:00 PM

This was my B2M purchase, as far as red lippies go this is great, I'm very pale and any red is bright, bold, and vibrant on me, I really like this, and I wear it with Cherry liner.

on 5/1/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a huge fan of red lipstick and I'd heard good things about this color so I jumped in. I love that it's not super matte, but has a bit of glossiness to it. It also has some blue tones in it which is a better look for me than orange reds. I love it and I'll for sure be buying this again!

on 4/19/2010 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this when I was feeling like I wanted to look like a " woman" I am an nc40-nc42 and this is a pretty good shade for me. However I noticed you have to have a full face of makeup and not a nude face w this lip. It is verrrrryyyyy intense and matte so beware if you smear it!!

Popular Lipsticks