MAC Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

4.4

on 7/22/2010 3:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love, love, love the colour. Still yet to find a red with staying power tho :-( My hubby is a lover of red lips and is not shy about telling me when I need a touch up (he calls it border control). Full day out on Saturday with drinks and food and border control was called thrice. That's the average for chemist bought lip stick - I'd expect a bit more from MAC. But the colour is truly delicious!

on 7/14/2010 3:52:00 AM

My favorite red! It's my pin up girl red. Not to matte, not too glossy. And it doesn't bleed or get all over my teeth because of the perfect satin finish. I always wear it with MAC Cherry l/l and it's a perfect match. No need for gloss and I can apply it straight from the tube. Looks especially good in the winter when my skin is paler. Neutral eyes, lots of mascara, andI feel like Snow White.

on 7/12/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my go to red. I always get complimented on this lipstick. I have ruby woo and Russian red as well, but this is my favorite. It's creamy and has a slight tinge of pink. It works well with my olive skin tone.

on 6/4/2010 4:13:00 AM

A nice shade of blue based red with a great satiny finish. The texture is creamy and paired with a lip liner (MAC's Cherry or Brick) it really lasts. I don't wear reds as often as I use to, but like other reviewers have mentioned pairing this shade with a neutral eye and loads of black mascara is a classic and timeless look.

on 5/17/2010 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Such a beautiful red! It makes me pop and feel so glam! Love it.

on 5/11/2010 7:13:00 PM

This was my B2M purchase, as far as red lippies go this is great, I'm very pale and any red is bright, bold, and vibrant on me, I really like this, and I wear it with Cherry liner.

on 5/1/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a huge fan of red lipstick and I'd heard good things about this color so I jumped in. I love that it's not super matte, but has a bit of glossiness to it. It also has some blue tones in it which is a better look for me than orange reds. I love it and I'll for sure be buying this again!

on 4/19/2010 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this when I was feeling like I wanted to look like a " woman" I am an nc40-nc42 and this is a pretty good shade for me. However I noticed you have to have a full face of makeup and not a nude face w this lip. It is verrrrryyyyy intense and matte so beware if you smear it!!

on 4/17/2010 10:48:00 PM

Probably one of my only favourite MAC lipsticks. It was my very first one, in fact. Out of all the MAC lipsticks I own, it's the only one that doesn't make my lips peel like mad. It's also a very blue red and makes my teeth look SUPER white.

on 4/3/2010 12:19:00 AM

I don't wear red lipstick very often because it's too loud, but if you like an old hollywood red this is definitely the perfect shade. It's a nice vibrant blue toned red that goes on smoothly and has decent staying power. The only problem is that it is a bit drying so you'll want to go over it with a red gloss (Russian Red lipglass is a good choice) and make sure to use a lipliner or it will bleed.

Popular Lipsticks