July 30, 2014 | 1364 users online

Polishes - OPI - Bubble Bath

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Tartlette

I really hate to say it, but I truly feel this colour is overrated :( This colour was on my "want" list for so long because I kept hearing it was the most perfect light pink nude colour. Don't get me wrong, the colour is nice but it wasn't as amazing to me as it was made out to be. The application is pretty streaky and it takes a lot of work to get it looking decent on my nails. When I can get the application right, the light pink is very pretty. Staying power is not as great as most other OPI colours, maybe it's because of the many layers I have to put on to achieve the look I want. I'll still wait the nail polish - it's a really pretty colour when done correctly, but I wish I hadn't fallen into the hype of "most amazing nude ever", because to me it's truly not amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have about 3/4 bottle of BB. Today I wanted a nice nude color for the weekend. So I tried a couple nails with this, and as always, got the streaks. It's new formulation is a bit pinker than I wish it were.

Then I had an epiphany: I had a bottle of Trind Nail Repair, which is a subtle white. So I filled the Bubble Bath with it. Shook it hard then applied to my nails. PERFECT! No streaks, though two coats was best. And now my Bubble Bath has a lighter, whiter tone to it.

I'm happy about this, but when the BB is gone I will definitely search out a new color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love this nude for my nc40 skin tone. Perfect for a French. Healthy looking nails. Slighty cool tone against my yellow skin. Someone here recommend OPI privacy please. I will try that next.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by prweiss65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell for this color twice. Once because of the name, and most recently, after seeing it on Giada DiLaurentis on FoodNetwork. It looked so nice on her, I went to Ulta and repurchased. Same problem now as before, it has horrible staying power, chips and frays on the edges, looks streaky if you don't apply three coats, but when you do apply three coats, it's too thick. Also the color yellows and fades after only a day or two, and looks almost dirty.

I won't ever repurchase again, let alone reapply. It's not OPI that I dislike, however. I LOVE Strawberry Margarita from OPI. The formula is much different, it's silkier/smoother, and only requires two coats. It lasted a full week chip-free when I applied Seche Vite as a quickdry top coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by pari5

This is a great color if you want a light, feminine pink color that doesn't scream color but is enough to notice. I love it because it's the perfect mixture of pink/white and is not too sheer. It does sometimes streak, but waiting in between coats helps.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Ravywedding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am currently searching for that perfect, whiteish, pink shade and heard rave reviews about this one. The first coat is very sheer and non-streaky. Nice but I wanted something more opaque. Second coat starts to streak and still not enough color. I also got the Axxium version once, that was a waste of money because they can't add enough coats for it to show up.
Overall, this is a nice color, but there are other, cheaper polishes with the exact same color and overall effect. So, the quest continues...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite polish for hands. I love the clean, girly look. This is a pretty sheer polish, non streaky. With 2 coats, its a light pinkish, milky translucent colour. Very feminine and pretty.

I would use a more opaque colour for toes though, like sweet heart. This would not show up on toes.

Update: just purchase my second bottle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have a love/hate relationship with 'Bubble Bath'. The formula is very sheer so even with three coats, I could still see the white tips of my nails. I don't tend to wear this on it's own (since I prefer opaque finishes), but I like this as a pinky base for DIY french manicures. I think it work's pretty well for that since it has a jelly-like finish (which I think looks better than a creme one). Overall, I probably won't repurchase, but if you like sheer polishes, this would be a good place to start.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by linet182

This is my go-to color when I'm too lazy to deal with any dark colors (since dark colors can be kinda annoying to apply sometimes). It's a fresh pretty color, that you can wear year round.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Bubble bath is a very pretty neutral colour with a little bit of pink in it. It is the only neutral colour that I own so I can't really compare it with other neutral nail polishes. It looks great on my pale skin (NC 15) and is perfect for every day or formal events when you don't want your nails to stand out so much. This nail polish does need 3 coats even though all my other OPI nail polishes only need 2. I wouldn't buy this one again because there are just so many neutral colours to choose from so I would probably try something else just for fun :)