July 24, 2014 | 1169 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by shelby1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using (and loving) most of my loreal products in the past, I was so excited to try this product out. I have mildly dry skin and clear skin. I bought the product in light knowing that my skin has a yellow undertone, the fair would make me look too pale.

This product has a very nice consistency and staying powers, but sadly I did not find the product oxidizes to my skin tone exactly and I was disappointed to find out that it doesn't have any SPF as well. After using the revlon photoready bb cream and loving it, I expected this bb cream to blow that one out of the water but found that it didn't meet my expectations. The color is just a tad too orange when I apply it, even if I moisturize before hand, but is very good at evening the skin tone and is very hydrating to the skin and feels almost not there, but does not conceal anything, so for all my ladies (and men?) out there that have acne, this product is not for you... I would recommend a korean bb cream if you want any true foundation-like coverage.

One interesting thing I want to add is that I tested this product on my bf who has very dark(think Vietnamese colored skin) and even though the packaging claims to be for light skin, it oxidized perfectly to his skin so this product is great for a wide range of skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by HautboisDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've already repurchased this a few times and I feel like it's the best drugstore BB creme! It has good coverage and good lasting qualities. I use the lightest shade 'fair' and it's a good fit for my skin. I have mild acne, and it does a good job of covering it up without getting too greasy or too drying. Overall, I'm glad I bought this and it's definitely worthwhile buying if you want to get away from the heavier concealer or foundations and try out a BB creme.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fave drugstore BB cream. NC42 and I use the medium shade which suite me nicely. Leave a matte finish which I appreciate. Very light coverage. Great for weekends or when you don't need much coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by ilikejuice

I was actually impressed with the consistency and the finish of the product as it's very matte and not sticky at all. You can touch your face, and it's soft. However, the coverage is nonexistent. It basically evens out my skin tone but doesn't cover any flaws. I have it in Medium, but I'm usually a Light-Medium or Natural Beige in other products. The Medium is slightly dark, but in the summer it would be perfect. Right now, it makes me look healthy-tan, so to me, it acts more like a temporary self-tanner that I can wash off at the end of the day.

The first time I applied this, I put on a little in small areas- mistake. I realized that the perfect way to put this on is to squeeze a pea size on your finger and rub it into your cheek, jaw, eye area all at once, QUICKLY. Then, do the same with the other side of your face. Then dot the forehead, chin, and nose. It dries quickly so you must act fast. Also, using less is better than using more (with any bb cream). Moisturize very well beforehand if you have combo-dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by effinxmandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff (especially for a drug store product) is amazing. I'm not quite sure where all the complainats of "orange" are coming from but everyone is different I suppose. I bought this in fair and am very pale, so any oxidation really shows up on my face and I never experienced any orange tint. The microbeads are not harsh to my face whatsoever and I found using a primer before applying the product seriously takes it to a whole new level. I experienced some of the dryness people have commented on but with a primer it goes on flawlessly. The coverage isn't full but more than any other bb cream I've tried. With that being said I don't think bb creams are meant for full coverage anyway so if you're looking to cover up serious imperfections then you're better off not purchasing. It does come out white but if you put it in your hands and rub it together to warm it up a bit you can see the colour start to appear and then I apply it to my face. Using my fingers to blend has given me by far the best result. It doesn't enlarge my already massive pores and covers up my redness quite nicely without looking overdone. It's much less oily and looks far more natural then the others. My HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by violetsky88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for over a year and i think it's a pretty good bb cream.

I bought this in the color 'light' which normally i wouldn't buy something light since my skin is brown (Latina, think a tanned Jessica Alba color) but i had received a sample in a magazine in the shade of light and it worked perfectly for me.

The first time i wore this my coworker made a comment that my skin looked luminous. Win! I find it evens out my skin enough to perfect it slightly; i wear concealer on my undereye dark circles on top of the bb cream. Of course being a bb cream it is light coverage, which is perfect for me. I have worn it with both casual day makeup and glam night makeup; it works for both.

My only complaints would be the packaging and the longevity.

When air bubbles get in the tube the product starts pouring out! So much has been wasted that way because way more than i can use comes out.

As for the longevity the product has oxidized and become too orange to use. I wish i could recall how long it took for that to happen.

I will repurchase this, unless i find something even better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product about a year ago and didn't give it a fair chance. I was convinced the color was too light for me and was offput but the stark white color it leaves the tube in. However after revisiting this product I can say that I really love it.

You need to allow this foundation to set fully before jumping to conclusions because I was convinced as I was blending it in that the color was too light for me. After a few minutes however the color really "adjusted" to my skin tone. It leaves a very flawless powder finish on the skin and has very adequate coverage compared to other drugstore bbcreams. It didn't sink into my pores which have been looking quite large as of late. It virtually made them disappear.

With my dry skin it did accentuate some dry patches I have around my mouth area however with a hydrating tarte serum and my tride and true revlon colorstay aqua mineral powder it became very smooth and natural. It feels so light on the skin when you set it with a powder, yesterday when I wore no primer or powder over the top I must confess it was a little sticky to the touch even hours after applying. Another con is it doesn't have spf which I feel like should be a staple for bbcreams.

I love the packaging, squeeze tube can do no wrong. Also the consistency of the product isn't very liquidy so it's not messy. All and all I give it a thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Lerinda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot for the life of me understand all of the bad reviews for this great product. I have never used drugstore products on my skin, preferring the high end formulas. You get what you pay for, right? I had been using Bobbi Brown BB cream and also tried Lancome's. Eh, nothing to write home about. But then my daughter (16) brought this home and on a whim I tried it. The heavens opened and the angels wept.

Yes, it goes on white and has little microbeads that have to burst to provide you with the color, but once you rub it around on your face (as you would with any product) the white is quickly gone and the beads disappear. What you are left with is a very smooth, natural looking complexion with just the right amount of coverage. It blurs my fine lines and minimizes my pores. What more could you ask for for $10?

At this price, it is certainly worth a try.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first bb cream that I have tried and I hated it. I currently use Revlon Colorstay for oily/combination skin and it has good oil control but is too thick and pore clogging for me. I thought a lighter foundation would be better and I have heard a lot about bb creams so this seemed like a good option. I got the lightest shade (fair) and it was still way too dark (I am about an NC 25). It gives decent coverage and a matte finish at first but it fades away after about 4 hours. Unfortunately this product just did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mlssrn40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Previous to this i used Smashbox Halo.

This product is cheap, les than $20.
It provides light coverage. I use Benefit-Fake-up under my eyes and on dark spots.

It has a grany feel when you first apply - not scratchy at all. This feeling goes away once on and you are left with a nothing there feeling. Love that!.

I still use my Halo when I go out, but this is a great everyday product, you will not look like you are wearing make-up, but you will look bright and fresh.