October 1, 2014 | 1404 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Anonnone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you know what to expect, this product is pretty good. It's more of a great mattifying primer than a bb cream. I tried it because it's the only matte bb cream I've heard of other than Garnier, and it is matte without being cakey and yet it also somehow has a nice glow. My skin is combination/oily and it wasn't greasy at all, and only slight shine in T-zone later in the day. The colors do absolutely run dark, so get a shade lighter than usual. Coverage is quite light but it does do a good job of blurring imperfections like acne scarring. I will use on days I don't have active acne.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't consider this a true BB cream. It's not really moisturizing and a real BB should have SPF, in my opinion. I think of this as more of a mattifying product, like a primer you can wear on its own, and as that I think it performs well and provides a good value.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by lexi3324

The coverage is light and sometimes it sticks to my dry patches. If I use my elf flathead brush then try to blend little spots with my finger, it turns orange!! If you touch your face too much throughout the day it still turns orange! It broke me out and clogs my pores too! It also did not last me long, I have the lightest shade and it is way too dark for me. Also, it makes me look like a greasy mess!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by nikki5ten

This is actually a great product if you don't have oily/sensitive skin. Great to wear by itself or under powder. I stopped using this product because I started to notice i was getting little bumps in random spots on my face, and I typically don't break out, but do have oily skin. My skin cleared up as soon as i stopped using it. It gives better coverage if you buff using stipple or concealer brush. If you're looking for heavy coverage from a BB to hide acne scars, this is not the one! A little pricey for a drugstore BB, I got this for around $12 at Walgreens. Wish it didn't break me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by nathanlaurenson

I love this bb cream, I no longer wear foundation. It takes it's place and also gives you that hydrating feeling! the only con I can think of it that it's a little greasy when you first put it on but I set it with powder and it's totally not a problem for me. great product!:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have Magic in fair and light. I sampled light and really liked how it went on and stayed on my skin but it was just a touch too dark so I bought fair (and then later bought light). Fair was too light on my skin. Fair is a thicker formula that holds it's shape when dispensed and can look chalky and make my pores more noticable due to it's lightness and thickness. Light is too runny and just a tad too dark which can make it almost look slightly "orangy" on me. Sounds like the 3 bears and I'm looking for a color that is just right...not too thick and not too runny, not too dark and not too light. LOL

I have combo skin with a couple dark skin pigmentation spots due to sun damage. My skintone is uneven where I have redness on my nose and chin and when my skin is reacting - across my face. I rarely break out but when I do it is either around the crease of my nose or cystic acne due to hormones. My skin is sensitve to products which can result in a rash or acne and I am sensitive to scent which can trigger migraines.

I apply this onto the back of my hand to warm it (something I've done with all foundations as it applies easier for me) and I use my fingers; all other foundations I will use a brush or sponge based on the consistency and how much coverage I'm looking for, but my fingers work best with this product. Yes it comes out white-ish gray and has tiny beads - but I honestly do not "feel" this product as grainy or gritty at all not on the back of my hand, not on my fingers and not on my face (if you have a gritty feel I think you might have a "bad" tube and should take it back for a different one because I've had 4 of these now and none of them have felt gritty/grainy including the sample pack). My routine: Murad Oil Control Mattifier, Magic BB, MUFE hd powder. This blends smoothly over my skin and when I get the two colors blended just right - it looks fabulous. Lasts all day with NO breakthrough oil NO skin sensitivity and NO breakouts!

I'm not sold on this, though, and continue to search for an holy grail bb cream. I have only tried 2 others so far.....Lumene lightest shade bb was chalky and made my pores stand out (I will probably buy and try it in medium) and Tarte bb in light and fair was either too dark or too light and I immediately saw oily/shine come through on my forehead after application and it encouraged blemishes by the end of the day. And my normal foundation before I switched to BB creams was Tarte Amazonian Clay so as we know - all products are not created the same. I really want ONE tube that is the correct color and meets my other foundation needs - I'm sick of blending.

PROS: inexpensive and easy to find (drugstore); coverage is good and buildable; minimizes pores; lasts 10-12 hour days; doesn't get oily looking and dries to a matte finish; dispensing tube is sanitary; no negative reaction to the product (rash or acne); not heavy; no scent; does not feel grainy or gritty due to the color beads.
CONS: no spf; CANNOT FIND EXACT COLOR MATCH; comes out greyish-white; light is runny and fair is thick.

I will keep this in supply until I find something else that meets all my needs in one tube/container. I always buy my drugstore brands from Walgreens so I can return them for my money back and I swap for my high end.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by scorpiorising

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Went on grayish and had strange inconsistent color. Texture is gritty.
Very light coverage.
Broke out after use.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by kellyscott55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh. That is all I have to say. I have the 3rd lightest skin tone and even the light colour was too orange and dark. Didn't cover up my mild redness and enhanced my dry patches (even with a heavy moisturizer). It helped with minimizing my pores but thats about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by missjolene204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this bb cream for about a year and honestly I really like it. It's not greasy and covers pretty well. I use it as a base under my bare minerals. The only complaint I have is the color is kind of orange (no, not because it's too dark) but what can I expect from a drugstore brand? For the price though, you any beat it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by rockodog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is my one of my all-time favorite foundations. I've had trouble in the past with foundations settling in my large pores and this hides them beautifully without having to use a additional primer. My fair skin is rather clear with a few discolorations and I don't need to cover significant imperfections - mostly uneven skin tone around my nose and chin. I use Fair during the winter months and Light during the summer. It covers beautifully without making me feel like I'm wearing a mask. The finish is somewhat matte with a very subtle luminous glow that looks extremely natural without a heavy makeup feel. I'm rather picky about my sunscreen, so the of lack of it is not a problem as I can choose my own spf product. It could use a little better staying power, hence only four lippies, but I usually touch up my makeup with a little pressed powder in the late afternoon anyway. I have re-purchased and will continue, it's a no-brainer for only $10.