September 30, 2014 | 999 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know foundation is a very personal thing, so opinions vary.
Here's my experience with this foundation:

For me this product is absolutely lovely. I wanted a lightweight dewy foundation and read good reviews about it so I picked it up at the drugstore and I was lucky enough to find that the shade was phenomenal on me. I'm a W1-2 and it's the perfect color. I'd say it's the tiniest bit lighter than my skin tone but because this foundation is not really opaque/high-coverage it actually helps brighten me up even more and matches my neck perfectly.

I can instantly see my skin lighten up and become even and healthy-looking. I'd say it's a light to medium coverage but for me that's enough since I don't have any severe skin problems, just a couple of blemishes usually around that time of the month and some slight redness around my nose/mouth area which also depends on weather changes etc.
The finish is dewy, but nothing shimmery or "sweaty" looking. I don't over-powder with this one cause I don't wanna take away from that luminous effect, and I focus mainly on my t-zone which gets oily throughout the day.

Any brush works with this and because it is quite liquid, your fingers might do the job just as well. The most natural finish I get using my ELF flat top powder brush from the studio line (I dot some of the foundation with my finger on my face and gently buff it with the brush).

Throughout the day it doesn't really transfer or cling to dry patches I find, but it's not super long wearing either. I wouldn't recommend it for a day-to-night makeup look.

Overall it is a great product, it feels very good on the skin, and does what is says: brightens your complexion in a natural way that works whether you're going for a natural day time look or a glowing evening makeup look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by hilarybeauty55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of this foundation. I have combination dry/normal skin and I thought this would give me a healthy luminous glow (like the name implies), but instead it made me an oily mess. When first applied my skin did look very luminous, but when it set it accentuated my dry patches so bad! After about 3 hours this stuff made me look and feel super greasy and oily! The only way I can get this foundation to work is by setting it with lots of powder, which defeats the purpose of using a luminous foundation. Will not repurchase.

Pros:
- Bottle has a pump.
- Shades come in warm, neutral, and cool so it makes finding a good color match easier.

Cons:
- Super light coverage (if you try to build it up you will look like a greasy mess).
- A little bit more expensive than other drugstore foundations.
- Only lasts a few hours and will fade in patches throughout the day.
- Seems to make my skin feel sticky when I wear this.

Tips: The only thing I like about this foundation is that if I mix a little of this with my Revlon Colorstay it makes it less matte, gives a better color match, and thins out the heavy feel of the Colorstay.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by elsamarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found a great match for my nc30 skin, which is N3. It's usually very hard for me to find a match so I was happy about that. I tried this on my normal/dry skin a few different ways. First, I tried it with a damp sponge and no powder. The coverage was light and had a dewy finish and looked pretty good for a couple of hours. Next, I tried it with a dry sponge and no powder. The coverage was medium and it definitely needed some powder, but I didn't use any because I wanted to see how it lasted throughout the day. After a few hours it wasn't only dewy - it got oily and toward the end of the day it pooled in my pores which aren't big to begin with. Third, I tried it with a foundation brush and powder. I liked the finish for an hour or two, but after that it made me look like I had oily, silly putty skin. It oxidized with all three applications. I returned it. I gave it two lippies instead of one because I think it could work for someone with skin that's more dry than mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by blueaura7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The coverage is good, however, it turned oxidized and turned white on my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Emibumblebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this foundation in shade W1-2 (Porcelain/Light Ivory) consistently through a particularly hot summer and a particularly cold winter, so I have a pretty good idea of the wear of this foundation. After wearing it for such a long time, my opinion is strictly ... ehhhhh.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of this foundation. It matches my skin perfectly (bless L'Oreal for realizing that not all pale girls have pink undertones); its light-medium-but-buildable coverage covers my acne scarring very well with two layers; it doesn't emphasize the dry, flaky patches on my cheeks (in fact, it feels quite moisturizing); and it still manages to look like I'm not actually wearing any foundation.

It's the wear where this loses points, and major points at that. It'll last me maybe three hours before I need to blot/re-powder. I don't generally mind doing this - and being a student, I have lots of opportunities to touch up - but even three hours is pushing it in that by then my t-zone looks far oilier than it even does without makeup. As expected, wear time is much better in winter than in summer, both with cold weather and drier skin. In summer in was practically melting off me, so I do not recommend it for summer use.

Probably the worst issue for me is that this never really... dries. I can powder it all I want, but the foundation never seems to set to the extent that I want it to. As such, transferring is a constant concern, and I have to be veeerryyy careful not to touch my face lest I get foundation on my fingers.

As much as I've gone on about its worse points, I like this foundation enough that I'll try my best to finish the bottle. I definitely won't repurchase though - I've heard too many good things about Revlon Colorstay to resist moving on to that.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by jaaaals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I mainly bought this for the hell of it. Lol plus it had a pump (which is rare that a drugstore foundation has a pump). Okay but anyway, I have very oily skin. Therefore, this is NOT what you want if you have oily skin. It made me look so damn oily and shiny within 3 hours of wearing it. Even if I touched up, you can just see how oily I was. It'd be a better foundation for someone who has normal or dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Neudecker138

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not really a fondation person but I had heard Jacylin Hill Rave about it so what the hell right! When i first got it i right away saw that it was meduim to full coverage! You get so much in one bottle! Cons are that it creases and it enhances dry skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by reniecpa

OK, so I have combination skin, definitely leaning toward dry. I LOVE my Nars Sheer Glow foundation, and was looking for a less-expensive alternative to it. I've seen several online sources say that Lumi is a decent dupe for Sheer Glow, so I decided to give it a try.

First of all, let me say that I use Smashbox primer, and when I use it with the Nars Sheer Glow + Nars pressed powder, I get ALL DAY staying power with no need for touch ups. I applied the Lumi in the exact same way. Moisturizer, Smashbox primer, Lumi foundation, + Nars pressed powder. OIly by lunchtime. and I have dry skin. and no matter how I apply the foundation (brush or sponge blender), it's still shiny. Also, it never really feels "set" even with the powder. I suppose this is the "lumi" quality, but for me it just looks like I need to powder my face. The Nars gives a glow wtihout the shine, and it lasts all day.

For some, this foundation might work. But sadly, it doesn't work for me. I think I will return it to Ulta....It was $12, which isn't bad, but it's too much for me to keep something that doesn't work.

I will say that the packaging and pump are very nice, for a drugstore brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by molllym

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me there is nothing bad to say about this foundation. It has medium coverage and provides a healthy glow for my skin. Easily blended, not cakey, and comes with a pump! A little pricey for the drugstore, but still much more reasonable i than nars sheer glow etc. If you have really oily skin, this won't be the foundation for you. But if you have normal or dry skin looking for a subtle dewy finish, I would definitely recommend this.

Pros:
-dewy finish
-large shade selection
-attractive packaging (with pump!)

Cons:
-not suitable for oily skin
-expensive for a drugstore foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

So I have moderate acne, and I use to use the Lieole Beyond the Solution BB cream and wanted something with full coverage, I went out to the store and bought this worst mistake ever. The foundation gets oily after a couple hours, and no matter how I apply it (fingers, beauty blender, sponge brush, makeup brush) it felt so cakey and i would only apply one thin layer. The color shade was also off, I got the soft ivory and it was brownish on my skin. It made my acne worse then it was, I went back to my bb cream it made my acne much better than the foundation. Would not buy it again.