L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

I haven't tried any drug store foundations since probably the late 90s. I always found them to be chalky, not a good color match, and oxidation occurred making them turn that gross orange color by mid day. I decided to try this after seeing Jaclyn Hill use it in a ton of her tutorials. I have to say I'm very impressed. I use shade W4 which is almost an exact dupe to my MUFE HD 128. Typically I wear Stila tinted moisturizer on a daily basis because I don't like heavy coverage, but for about 35$ a pop (and 42$ for my MUFE) I really wanted to find a good drug store alternative. For about 12$ this is it. I just use one pump and blend buff over my face with a flat kabuki brush. The results are a super natural, dewy finish. I do still wear my foundations but wearing this a couple times a week has extended the life of my more pricey products. Also, my husband always compliments my skin when I wear this ! I definitely recommend if your skin is more normal to dry. My skin is actually more on the normal to oily side, but isn't extremely oily. I like the more dewy looking skin but if you have very oily skin I would pass on this. It is water based, and because oil is lighter than water your natural oils will rise to the surface making it appear more greasy. Overall, this foundation is great and you can't beat the quality for the price !

I love this foundation. Literally this is a foundation you should try out and if you don't like it, return it; it's not a big deal. But I seriously am in love. This product is 60% water based (Mac F&B is 70%) which is probably the closest foundation at the drugstore that is comparable to high end makeup. This foundation is super lightweight, is very liquidy, and gives a light to medium coverage which is great for everyday use. I actually ended up using this for junior prom last year and loved the turn out, which is why I now have multiple shades (W1-2,3,4, and 6). Though I find that these foundation shades aren't really yellow enough for my super yellow/olive undertones, they're not bad for color matching. It's hard for me to find a really yellow foundation in higher end foundations too but the Loreal true match lumis are doing a pretty good job. It lasts about 6-8 hours for me with setting it with either the tarte smooth operator powder, laura mercier setting powder, or even with the bare minerals original foundation. Although it says "lumi" it gives a satin finish which is incredibly beautiful and very natural looking. As for build ability, you can go up to a medium coverage which is more than enough for me. It is super seamless and also works well mixed with other foundations. I love it! Highly recommend to anyone, minus those of you with extremely oily skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. For reference, I'm a NC25-30 and Asian with a yellowy skin tone. I use the color W3 in this foundation. It leaves a demi-matte finish, looks beautiful and natural on the skin. You can't tell I'm wearing foundation with this on if you use a small amount. Coverage is light-medium buildable.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this w the Loreal Lumi primer, Lumi concealer & True Match pressed powder w average results. It looked good for about 3 hours or so on my extremely oily skin b4 it started to slide around & get shiny. That is the average lifespan of foundations on me unless they are long wearing (eg Infallible)...I have the same issues w regular True Match & Magic Nude from Loreal. It's the curse of regular foundations on me. I also have to be careful not to load on the highlight/illuminators w this particular ensemble or it will look greasy. I would not wear this in the 95 degree humid summer weather if I'm going to be outside except the saving grace of this foundation is that it has SPF 20. I got this off Ulta dot com but i do find it a little expensive; I find it loathsome to pay more than $10 for a DS item. It is a little runny, I think I need to shake it up? I like the packaging, the pump is nice but I'm sure I will lose the cover in my room somewhere some time soon. I got N3 which is a little pink for being so called neutral but I love how many color selections there are for True Match.

Love: the glass bottle, the pump, the finish Don't love: the shade selection Amazing stuff! best drugstore light to medium

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love this stuff! one of the best drugstore foundations I own, even use it on my brides! Leaves a nice "glow" and seriously a little goes a long way. I have to mix W5 and W3 and only need half a pump of each. Make sure to blot though

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really ADORE this foundation!!! I live in the Rocky Mountains, the air is harsh & very dry, so I'm constantly battling dry skin. I bought this in shade Neutral 1-2 at Ulta recently & it's a perfect match for my fair skin. I don't notice any dry flakes on my face after using True Match Lumi, unlike other foundations I've tried. It really does give skin a luminous, healthy glow! The coverage is medium; between one and one and a half pumps of product is all I need. I like that no matter what you apply this foundation with, the result looks blended, airbrushed, and healthy! For around $13 I'd say this is a steal of a deal & recommend this foundation to anyone with normal to dry skin. It's FAB 👌🏼

I tried this foundation because I wanted a more luminous finish and it does just that. The color selection isn't great, it's not like the regular true match. I don't know why they combined n1 and n2, it's too light for my skin but the next shade (n3) is too dark. It's also rather cool toned, the color just looks a bit off on my skin. It doesn't last very long on its own but I've tried it with a primer as well and it helped it last longer. I would like it much better if there was a color that matched my skin.

I rarely wear makeup other than filling in my eyebrows and light mascara, but this past week I went to New York City and decided I wanted to look a little more put together. I've had this foundation sitting in my makeup drawer for a couple of months, never really cared for it. Boy was I missing out!

I have dry skin skin but no bumps (thank you accutane!) and wow did it look amazing! I am using W1-2 (I think, the bottle doesn't actually say what shade?!?) and it is the best matching foundation I have ever had.

During the day I put a very light layer of moisturizer and let it soak while I chose my outfit and did my hair, brush teeth, etc, so around 15 mins. Shook my foundation and used 1 pump. I like to dot my foundation all over my face then blend with a Beauty Blender. It's close to medium coverage on my skin as I am acne free and have minimal redness, and very lightweight which I like. I used Garnier's roller concealer in the lightest shade under my eyes and on the two more redder spots on my cheeks that don't get completely covered. It lasted me for a long 10 hours everyday even through sweat and that's all thanks to ELF HD Powder. No fading whatsoever and looked amazing in photographs.

TLDR;

Perfect colour match, easily blendable, lightweight and comfortable on my skin even after 10 hours with no touch ups. Looked great in flash photography. The key here is to use a good setting powder and I seriously recommend ELF HD Powder.

(Two seperate days, just the same jean jacket) photos of how it looked!

I just purchased this foundation this week, as I ran out of my regular True Match. I saw this and decided to try it. I have tried soooo many foundations over the years, and the True Match is the one that just matches my skin tone perfectly and I love the coverage. I've been using True Match for years. The only thing is - I don't find a difference between the Lumi and the regular True Match other than a high SPF and higher price tag.

What I love about True Match regular AND Lumi:

- It doesn't cake. The only time it has ever caked on me was when I used a primer underneath and over-built. Yes, ladies - if you are trying to get full coverage by building this up, it WILL cake. I believe this is true with ANY foundation. Also - often times if you use powder to set, this will also settle into fine lines - the POWDER does this, NOT the foundation.

-perfect skin match, perfect tone for me. W5, and W6 in summer. I did buy Colorstay mouse not long ago, and although its a good foundation, the colors were just 'off' - very pink or orangey. True Match doesn't do that, and it doesn't oxidize on me.

-goes on very nice, blends so nicely into my skin, and the coverage is very nice for me. Its not full coverage, but not light either. It looks very natural. I have always found the best way to apply any foundation is with my fingers

- lasts throughout my entire work day, and beyond. I do pat with a tissue at some point later in the day, but often times I spend the day at work, and my boyfriend and I go out to dinner - and my makeup still looks good. the only touch up I really need is *maybe* my eyeshadow or liner.

- Of course I'm a fan of SPF. Always.

What I don't necessarily dislike, but can do without:

- unlike most, I am NOT a fan of pumps. I'm just not. Anything that comes in a pump is always going to be thinner, more watery to it can get up through the pump- so I make sure I shake this up, as its thinner, it may seperate, so shake it up a bit. Also: there is nothing unhygienic about putting your fingers in a bottle or jar of foundation, unless you've been slaughtering pigs or something. I always apply with clean hands, so people are just being ridiculous with this unhygienic mumbo-jumbo. Are your hands clean? I mean, what are you doing with your hands before putting make up on, for goodness sake.

I've tried loads of tools - foundation brushes of all sorts, the beauty blender, etc. A waste, I say. Applying with fingers works best. And I believe a lot of you - especially the younger ladies - are just using way too much product on your faces, and this is why you may be having problems. I read some of the make up routines on here, and I'm kind of stunned. The only prep I do is wash with my coco-castille soap, use a good moisturizer, and then apply my foundation. No primer , no setting spray, def. no powder. I think TOO much is doing a disservice to your face. All that gunk is just not healthy for the skin and is doing more damage, especially anything with fragrance.

Believe me, less is more.

EDIT TO ADD: I see many complaints about various foundations transferring. A simple make up trick I learned from the make up king himself, Wayne Goss: applying face powder - dusting it all over the face with a powder brush, BEFORE applying foundation will make that foundation STAY ON. I tried it once and it actually worked. Just don't over do it with the powder. I will probably use this make up trick in the summer time.