April 19, 2014 | 1618 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by dawny1980

this foundation is awful! i usually use smashbox 15 hour in 1.1 which is amazing but needed something more budget friendly for work.

this was suggested to me by a few friends and i thought i would try it. the price is not bad and the packaging looked nice. i am pale so bought the lightest available shade.

it looked ok after i first put it on although it was difficult to blend. after about three hours i checked my face in the toilet and it looked horrendous! it had turned orange on my face (even though it was the lightest shade) and had settled in the dry areas and gone patchy on my nose and chin.

i tried to blend it in a bit but as the day progressed it looked worse. a few people even commented on how bad it looked. i will never buy this foundation again.

i have tried other l'oreal products and am generally a fan of it as drugstore brands go. would not touch lumi with a bargepole!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by sellovesmakeup

I saw this on a YouTube video and went down to the drugstore and picked one up. At first I hated it because it was sinking into my fine lines and pores a lot BUT in order to make this work for you, make sure you have a good primer before you put this foundation otherwise you will be unhappy

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by samie202

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this foundation. It is very smooth and feels light. My only problem is the shade selection. Classic tan/cappuccino is too light for me. And I don't want to buy another one because it is too expensive for a drugstore foundation. I would love it if it had my own shade. I'm disappointed because the title says true match, but they don't have as many selections as the original. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by willcaro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will admit, I watch a lot of make up tutorial videos on YouTube and one of the beauty gurus recommended this one, and I was in the business for a new foundation after running out of my BB cream so I picked this one up. It is a bit pricier than some of the other drug store foundations but I'm willing to pay top dollar for quality products, and I'm glad I gave this one a shot. I have oily skin but I wouldn't say it makes my problem any worse. I've come to terms with the fact that no matter what products I use I will always have to have oil blotting sheets on me, but I don't mind that. I will also note, which is a big deal for me, that this product didn't make me break out, as I do have acne prone skin. I like the luminous coverage and I apply with a clean make up applicator sponge. It also blends nicely with my under eye concealer and any blush or bronzer I use. For me personally, this looks very natural which is my number one priority when using a foundation. I will sacrifice a lighter coverage as long as it's natural, but this coverage seems to be just right. I don't set with powder, so I can't speak to how it looks after being dusted with a translucent powder, but I do apply a silicone based primer beforehand and it glides on effortlessly. This doesn't settle into my eye lid crease or any other areas on my face. I am really pleased with this foundation and would definitely buy it again.

Just a side note, the shade I bought was "Classic Beige" and it is just a hair too light for me, but I used some strategically placed bronzer to warm up my face and it takes care of that problem. Plus, it's starting to get colder here in the Midwest so I'm sure once I lose a bit of my tan that it will match perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Haleyvyrostek

The color and the coverage are great! My only issue is that I have oily skin and this foundation was definitely meant for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by snotface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this foundation, it works perfectly with my skin. My only complaint is the shade selection. The shade c3 is too dark to he the lightest shade in the cools... I've tried about 4 shades and all of them are too dark. I'm going to try the w1 next and I hope it matches

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by laurafreeman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed (but overall positive) feelings about this product.

I find that this makeup matches my skin tone a lot better than some of the other foundations I've tried. It isn't full coverage (which I prefer) but when I use a color correcting primer and a good concealer, it gives a very nice medium coverage without looking cakey or overdone. It is easy to blend, looks very natural and I get compliments on the glow it gives me.

It does add shine to your face, which is not desirable for people with oily skin like myself, but I find that if i gently blot it with a tissue a few minutes after applying (before using powder to set it), it takes away the majority of this problem. I do find that I have to blot several times throughout the day as well to keep the shine down, but it isn't too much hassle for me. It doesn't last as long as I'd like especially in the Florida heat, and fades a lot faster than my other foundations, which is a huge letdown. But overall it is not too terrible. I don't know if I would buy again while living in Florida, but somewhere with less humidity and heat I believe I would.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Meh, this product is very fair. I like how it comes in a pump but as far as coverage, it doesn't give much. It blends easily into the skin and doesn't leave streaks. It gives a bit of a shine so not good for oily faces. I have very pourous skin so I need a thicker formula for coverage than this one. This is probably a good product for younger looking skin and early ages.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by DatDahlia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Little to no coverage, not very build-able. I have dry skin and I could see dry patches. Dry patches with shine? eww. This foundation not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by BelieverInAL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Glow??? More like you came in contact with radioactive material, IMO. I know we all search for products to give us a "healthy glow or radiance", but this stuff was a bit much. I sort of felt like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz. Just a little too much shine for my taste. But love the pump bottle - always love that for a foundation. But, there are better L'Oreal foundations, for me, than this one.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No