April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by SunshineJoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall - Love it! I've used almost a whole bottle. My skin is oily and this works for me. Didn't break me out and I'm extremely acne prone.

Coverage - Definitely light-medium, but leaning towards medium. It has more coverage than most BB creams I've tried, but it's definitely not cakey or anything. I only use concealer if I have a really red, inflamed pimple. And, of course, I use under-eye concealer, but I use that even with full coverage makeup.

Color - I'm a NC 15-20, and the shade light/medium matches me really well. I think it actually runs slightly more on the yellow side, which is nice, since most makeup pulls pink in the drugstore. But it's neutral enough that it should work for most people.

Lasting Power - I'll admit, on it's own, this doesn't last the longest time (I'm EXTREMELY oily.) It doesn't run off your face, but shine breaks through pretty quickly. However, I started using Milk of Magnesia as a primer, and now it lasts AGES, doesn't wear off at all, and I only have to touch up like once during the day - and only have to use one blotting sheet, instead of three.

Finish - Probably semi-matte/natural on its own. I set it with a powder and it looks completely matte.

Extra Info - 1. It blends really well, and I use a flat top brush to stipple/buff it on, which is definitely my preferred way to do it, although I found fingers work as well. 2. Definitely store it upside down. So with the cap facing up. If you stand it up, like it seems like it's meant to do, it will POOR out when you open it, because... 3. It's pretty liquidy. But that doesn't bother me. 4. There isn't a smell to it much at all. 5. Doesn't oxidize as far as I can tell.

CONS -

1. On it's own, doesn't control oil extremely well. It does to an extent, but don't expect miracles is all I'm saying. However, in conjunction with milk of magnesia, it works amazingly.

2. My only big downfall with this, is the white-cast in photos from the SPF! :( It looks lovely in person, but it makes your face about 3 shades lighter in photos. Just be aware of that, and own something different to wear if you are getting your pictures taken. However, that's common with most foundations that have an SPF in them. So, nothing unusual.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by mkupsyl

I bought this expecting and waiting for it to break me out. I needed a liquid foundation that wasn't expensive so I gave it a chance and here we are 2 weeks later. I have worn it everyday since purchase and IN LOVE! I have extremely sensitive skin that hates silicones and clogs easily. The beauty of this product is that there are very FEW silicones however a lot of alcohol in it. The ingredients list really isn't great but guess what, no breakouts!! I know this for a fact because my breakouts have been few and far between, especially cysts.
Consistency is very liquidy and almost to a fault. I do not love how messy it.
Color is neutral. Both yellow and pink undertones can wear it but I noticed it runs more pink.
As far as coverage, light to medium. It looks extremely natural and definitely not full coverage. Keeps me matte only for about 3 hours but ULTIMATELY yes. I love this and think anyone with sensitive oily skin should try it. Honestly a great product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by bex9

I'm rather shocked I like this, since the original Garnier BB clogged my pores so badly. I am NC20 and the light/med is perfect. I have combo skin and occasionally find it a bit drying but overall it is great. Usually I will only wear specific "long wear" foundations, because I have an active job and lifestyle and will not touch up, but this actually wears very well for a full day. It is pricy but you do get a lot of product. I have not noticed any skin benefits, but I didn't honestly expect to. It's just a solid med coverage foundation that doesn't cause breakouts. Also I agree with other reviews, store this upside down.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by hula31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted soo much to love it.... Truth is, I like its coverage but my face after one or two hours, shines again... I have oily skin, but I had read so many nice comments about that BB cream and I thought it would be the hoily grail product for me, but it's not.
Nice BB cream, good coverage, but not as matte as I wanted.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by SassyCassie06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this in the hopes it would even out my redness and uneven skin tone and help reduce the appearance of my cystic acne scars. I have yellowish undertones in my skin and right now I am not tan so sometimes it can be hard to find the right colour to match. I purchased the light - medium and it is perfect for people with yellow undertones in their skin! I love how well this bb cream goes on and blends nicely. I don't really feel greasy or like I am wearing product either. This is great for my combination /oily tzone and for the price I will repurchase. I have acne prone skin, so I will update my review if I notice it aggravates my acne, but so far so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by missyalannab

I love this bb cream! It keeps my skin matte for 4-5 hours with MAC's blot powder. I notice that when I go into a pool or the ocean it turns almost white! When I opened it the lid of the bottle and the dispenser part is covered in the bb cream and it wastes the product! I bought one for my friend to try and she has acne-prone skin. She loves it as we'll. It gives medium coverage and feels light on the skin. It has a yellow tone to it and I recommend this to anyone who has combination, oily, and acne-prone skin. I will defiantly repurchase this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

This is my favourite drugstore bb cream I've tried. I got this on sale for $14 (kind of pricy, but I guess you get a lot of product. The only downsides for this are the colour range and the packaging. I have NC15 skin, and the lightest shade only works for me when I'm self tanning, otherwise it's too dark and orange. The packaging would be fine but the product is SO runny that unless you store it upside down the product runs out into the lid. This gives great coverage for a bb cream & it applies nicely, and looks good on the skin. It doesn't really control oil for me, even while being set with a powder but it's not terrible either. I would wear this all the time if the colour was a better match.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I personally think this is a great revision of Garnier's original bb cream. This one is made for the greasy faced gals like me! It performs well, it has great coverage, stays matte for a considerable amount of time and doesn't wreck my skin. The only problem I have with it is the color range...why wouldn't Garnier have used the same color range with this version of the bb cream as the original. It really makes no sense. With that said, I have been using the light/medium color and like most of the other fair skinned gals, I agree that it is too dark. I remedy this by add a dab of my lighter shade Revlon Colorstay to lighten it up, this seems to work well. I would rather use it right out of the tube instead of mixing a combination of foundations to get the right shade though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Netty12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far my fave bb cream. I have very sensitive skin & break out easily but this bb cream is prefect so far. No breakouts :) medium coverage doesnt feel heavy or turn orange. I bought light to medium and i love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is surprisingly good for a drug store product. Some people complain about the color range. I have got the light color and I mix it with a drop of my liquid bronzer in order to adjust the color. I have got extremely oily skin, I use dermo cosmetics and I always go for matt products. Recently I tried Bioderma matt moisturizer which makes me oily less than 2 hours. I was very disappointed and wanted to try Garnier BB cream just to have a go as it was a cheap product. I was completely amazed when I first put it on. When applying it , yes it is a bit runny and liquid product and it feels like it will leave you feel greasy. I apply with my fingers and as soon as I finish applying it ,product dries immediately and makes you feel like you have nothing on your face. I set the cream with powder and the surprising thing is at the end of the day I am still matt and my make up still in place. I gave away all my matt moisturizers and sun creams . This is a product all in one. I love it and I will be buying again and again. This is my everyday product. You can always go for a lighter color and adjust the color with liquid bronzer. 5 star product, thanks Garnier