Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

3.6

G790475 - AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT. , BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SORBITOL, PERLITE, VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS FRUIT EXTRACT, <+/- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES>.(F.I.L. B51922/1).

on 6/10/2014 4:16:00 PM

I had never tried a BB Cream before but in the name of lightening up my summer beauty routine and protecting my skin from the sun I went for this one. I read a lot of reviews and I was not disappointed! I have very oily/acne prone skin. This provided a ton of coverage but felt light on my skin. It also is great that it has such solid SPF protection in it which makes me feel safe when I'm outside. I did break out a little after using this product but a few days inside with no make up cleared it right up again so I wasn't too concerned. That could also be because I've been wearing a lot of makeup recently. It doesn't quite fit my skin color so I find that less is more where this product is concerned.

The only thing I will say is that I store mine upside down because the formula is very runny. However when I do store it upside down it fixes it for the most part, just be careful it can make a mess.

on 6/8/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the first bb cream I've tried so I can't say whether it outperforms others. I purchased it after watching a you tube video called "best bb cream ever?" Or something like that. The girl in the video had acne and some scarring and this covered it up for the most part. She also didn't use a primer or concealer, so I was impressed enough to try it for myself. It is a bit more runny than a typical foundation so I just dotted it all over my face and buffed it out with my ecotools buffing brush. The coverage really is impressive and it does control oil for the most part. I wore it to work and it still looked pretty good after 8+ hours. It was also nice to have something on my face that didn't feel like a mask and I did 3 layers of this stuff! I bought this at Target for $11 on sale in the lightest shade which I think is called light-medium.

on 6/8/2014 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

my holy grail!
What I love about this product the most is probably its coverage and its consistency. I personally find its low-viscosity to be appropriate for a bb cream; the thinness of it makes my skin feel airy and unconstrained. Depending on how much you apply, you can get light coverage or approach full coverage I find-- but that wouldn't be the case if you have bad acne or serious redness. After all, it is a bb cream. For me personally, this is fantastic coverage. I don't even wear concealer because this stuff does the trick. I only have some slight hyper pigmentation on my cheeks (which I am treating effectively-- I got it as a result of a break out from using an oil based product-- pimples suck) and a few very tiny pimples on my forehead. I don't really have a lot of pimples or serious scarring so for me this product is suiting. I use it every day, and it does NOT break me out.

HOWEVER, it's not perrrrfect.
I purchased the specific version of this product labeled shine control because my skin has a tendency to get oily just about everywhere, but nothing too extreme. I don't think it does much to control shine, and the SPF is negligible. Anything under SPF 30 is useless so the labeled "sun protection" is a gimmick.

Otherwise, if you set this with a powder (I use E.L.F's tone correcting powder) after letting it finish, it's swell. The finish is pretty matte, but since I'm oily, I get more of a dewey finish within a few hours, which I don't mind. The coverage lasts over 6 hours I'd say, but I'd definitely recommend touching it up with some oil blotting sheets if you're oily like me. and for only 11 dollars, you can bet i'm buying it again.

on 6/7/2014 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Theres something very specific in all garnier ptoducts that doesnt let my skin accept it. Everytime im gibing one last chance to garnier Imending up with either rash or lots of pimmples. Maybe its not a ptoduct itself. Maybe I have a reaction to some ingredients?

on 6/7/2014 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was after something to use everyday that wasn't too heavy for my oily skin. This product is perfect because it stops my face from getting horribly shiny and dull during the day; it also has great coverage for me as I was only after something that would cover my pores and slight uneven skin tone/spots.

I find that it's slightly hard to blend, so I'm going to buy a beauty blender to use in order to achieve the perfectly even finish. (I have seen videos on YouTube where gurus have recommended the beauty blender to use with this product.)

I don't use this product every day, so I can't say whether or not it will break me out if I were to use it all the time; but I have worn it all day at work and at home afterwards, and it has managed to stay on without wearing off, needing a retouch, looking disgustingly oily, or breaking me out in the following couple of days!

CONS: I hate the packaging! The cream tends to leak out of the tube if it's left facing downwards. I have kept the packaging and place it in the box facing upwards just to stop it from pouring out all over itself once I take off the lid.

on 6/5/2014 2:58:00 PM

It is too bad it's chalky it's yellowish smells like alcohol not blendable at all . Too bad for me .

on 6/5/2014 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't wear foundation, if only every 3 weekends, but I started to see that I had sunlight spots damage on my face.

I started using SPF creams, but all the ones i bought were awful, i don't have breakouts on my skin and these creams gave hell to my chin as soon as i started.

So I decided to give BB creams a try and googled pretty good reviews about this one, and I wasn't disappointed. The 20 SPF worked well and haven't had a single pimple since I started using it.

PACKAGING: Sucks. As soon as I opened it, i lost a lot of product. Light shade it's "runnier" than medium one, though.

COVERAGE: It's everything I was looking for. Doesn't seem as if I was wearing foundation, it seems only as if my skin improved, it's not the lightest coverage, but I prefer it that way, not so light nor full.

OVER ALL REVIEW: I love it. The light shade one is too light and the medium too dark for me, so i bought them both and mix them. I prefer a matte finish, this one isn't a 100%, but it does a pretty good job! And at the end of the day, when I clean my face, it seems more mostourized :) I'm happy with this!

on 6/4/2014 12:36:00 PM

I'm not sure why everyone is saying this is runny. It's not runny for me at all. I actually really like this BB cream considering it's my first drugstore beauty product I've purchased in many years. Great buildable coverage, nice finish and lasts. I like to apply some mineral powder to my T-zone as I have combo skin and it tends to get oily there. Overall I really like this product.

June 5, 2014 UPDATE

I just realized that the reason why so many of you are saying it is runny is because there are 2 formulas; normal/dry skin and combination/oily skin.

I have tried both and after lots of playing around I finally can see the difference and wow, the oily skin formula is SOOO much nicer. I have it on right now and can't believe the natural coverage, it actually looks like my skin. I love this product even more!

My only wish is that they come out with more colour options as light/med is too light and dark/med is a tad too dark for me but I can pull it off since it's the summer and I'll have colour anyway.

Really love this product :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product first of all, gives the notsodewynotsomatte look that was just perfect for me. But I wouldnt recommend this for sensitive skin, as whenever I start using this, It gives lil bumps to my skin that seems dry, but mostly around my oily nose. so it is still a gud producg for normal or dry skinned people. :*

on 5/18/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product because nothing else will keep my oil at bay while also giving me the coverage I need. However, I am very fair and can only find this product in light/medium which is way too dark for me. Does the oil free line even offer a fair/light shade or not? And if so, does anyone know where I can get it?