April 24, 2014 | 1041 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by iambekk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PRO
-good coverage
-lasts ages
-matte finish

CON
-packaging is chunky

I alternate between this in the colour "Buff" and my MAC Studio Fix NC15 it is the perfect colour match. When I tested it in store, it completely disappears on my skin. I use this when I'm going out to a party or somewhere I want good coverage. I just lightly dab my finger in the 'pot' for my forehead, each cheek and chin and it covers my whole face. It blends well, I just use my fingertips.
I love this foundation and I will repurchase it.
Only beef I have with it is that the packaging is beefy. It is not portable in any way and takes up way too much space in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just got this foundation, and I had to write my initial review. I have tried tons of different foundations over the past few years -- Estee, Bobbi Brown, YSL, Lancome, Chanel, Clinique and more that I can't remember right now. I haven't tried a drugstore foundation in years. First, the texture is fantastic for my 45 year old skin that has turned slightly dry from retinol. Secondly, the color is a great match for my cool undertones. Too many foundations are yellow-based, and they just do not work for me.
Unless this foundation breaks me out (not usual for me), this may be true love.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Bloormac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried everything on the market right now. My skin is very combination! I had used Makeup Forever hd foundation for a year or two. It seemed to make me oily a few hours later. I could always "feel" it sitting on my skin. I have tried Giorgio Armani's luminous silk and maestro fusion, every MAC foundation known to man, YSL touché éclat, bobbi brown... I wish I was kidding. This is the only foundation the matches me perfectly and stays put all day long. I never feel like I have foundation on! I don't put much on, just enough to evenly coat my skin. I also use a beauty blender to give a flawless finish. I finish with Makeup Forever HD powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mommy2lj

I bought this a while back, went through 2 jars... really liked it. When I went to replenish the store didn't have my color so I tried a different brand and liquid formula. It was ok..

This week I bought another jar of this. I cannot believe how good this product is. Color is awesome, scent neutral, consistency perfect and very long wearing. I use this over a foundation primer which I am sure helps with a flawless application.

My skin is so sensitive, I don't remember breaking out from it before but I wouldn't be surprised if I get a little product change break out.

Also I use this with a MAC makeup brush, circular motion. This foundation can be heavy if you aren't careful.. It's very buildable so start off light.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by diLovesblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation!!! I've tried many different foundations, drugstore and high end. I purchased this foundation after disliking mufe hd foundation(gross). I have really oily skin and I tend to break out, well this foundation stays on and so far my skin looks great with not breakouts! I wear it to work and I don't have to worry about my face looking shiny trough out the day. The finish is matte, which I really like. I sometimes set it with a powder and I wear benefit porefessional under. However I have worn this foundation without primer and it still lasts and looks great. I will definitely be purchasing this again! The reason why I don't give it 5 it's because of the packaging, it is too heavy, no pump. Also I find that this foundation best applies with fingers so for those who like brushes, it is a bit on the downside. I am NC30 in Mac Pro long wear, (mufe hd desert 123) and I use warm golden with this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Sgoosie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this once I was oily in a hour a few years later I gave it another shot I was oily in a hour can in no way compare to the liquid color stay

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by nix19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this. It's just perfect foundation for me. tried a lot already and this so far, is the best. I'm an NC30-35 and I use the Sand Beige one. I will purchase again definitely. I bought 2 of this already.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Dabsykins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOOOVE this!!!! Tried this out for 2 months now. I'm hooked. I use my fingers to apply. And that's the only downside cuz I get some under my nails. But it's medium to heavy coverage. Blends beautifully. I set it with just a bit of powder. Has a Matt finish. And it really is color stay! Doesn't rub off. I had swatches on my arm from the store, it was there the next morning. I swear it looks better and better as the hours go by. I prefer the whipped formula to the liquid colourstay. My shade is medium beige. I have combination acne prone skin. Doesn't clog pores and doesn't break me out. Everyone needs this in their life!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by babygirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about a year now and I really love this creme foundation! Youtube videos were what got me interested in trying this since I have oily skin and heard it would be good for my skin type. It's so easy to blend with a flattop brush, that's what I use. It doesn't run down like liquid foundation does, nor do I find it to have a harsh smell or texture that bothers me. You only have to dip your finger inside the pot a little bit to get a little product, I just dot it a couple times on my face and then use my brush.

It is expensive ($11 at my Walmart) but you're getting a good product that will last depending on how often you do your makeup and how much you're using. Again, you don't need a whole lot of product unless you really need heavy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by tampants

I tried this after trying Revlon Colourstay liquid foundation because it stuck quite badly to my dry patches. I wanted something a bit lighter and more hydrating. I am quite pleased with this stuff so far! Upon application it looks really nice, just a tiny bit dewy and it doesn't settle into pores for me (but I do wear it with a primer). Also doesn't cling to dry patches like the Revlon colourstay liquid. It lasts very long too, as long as you aren't running around too much or sweating heavily. I wear it to school from 9am until about 3pm, and it usually looks decent at the end of the day. It doesn't look the same as it did in the morning, but it still looks decent enough (without any touch ups or blotting).

I found that the secret to getting a good application with this is to use your hands! I tried it with a brush, a beauty blender, and my hands. Hands is definitely the best. Using a brush makes it looks streaky and uneven, and with a sponge it has very little coverage. In fact I almost gave up on it until I tried using my hands, and was surprised at the HUGE difference that caused. I also recommend wearing it with a primer and that helps to keep it from settling into pores.

Shade wise the colouring is a bit strange. I use buff (I'm NC15) and I thought it looked very grey! It looks kinda weird at first but in a few minutes that seems to go away and the shade is a good match for pale girls with warm undertones.

I should also add that I have very sensitive skin and broke out from the Revlon colourstay liquid. This one didn't cause any reaction at all and I feel comfortable wearing it with my acne-prone skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No