Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 2/7/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

When Revlon reformulated ColorStay to the now 24HR label one a while ago, they also decreased the coverage. That's where the whipped one comes in (the higher coverage), and from the consensus I got, it was better than liquid version anyways.

PROS: It covers a lot. The finish is nice IF my skin is really moisturized.

CONS: The color. I'm super pale, leaning neutral to olive, and have it in Buff. It looks like it may be light enough in the package and when first applied, but it oxidizes hours later. What's worse is that the undertone is the standard "warmed up" neutral color, like too peachy for me. I have put a mint green (cool tone) concealer all over it and it worked wonders, but that product is stupidly expensive to be used on a daily basis. The finish is also... it dries powdery and can very easily get cakey. I'm honestly not a fan of the whippedness either, I feel I have to use a lot more vs a fluid foundation. You don't even get 1 oz either.

OTHER: Holds up ok. I try to super set my stuff once and then am fine with it "slowly" breaking down.

on 2/5/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation! This is way better than most of the high-end brands I own. The color matches my skin to a tee. The only set back is it take a lot to build to a good coverage. This is my go to for a everyday look. I highly recommend it to people with dry skin, because it doesn't dry the skin out.

on 2/4/2015 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this foundation. It looks like it would be very heavy but it isn't. I find you can build on it or add in with your facial moisturizer for a light coverage. I have EXTREMELY dry skin and it doesn't cause a flaky build up like most foundations do. The biggest plus for me is it DOESN"T CAUSE BREAKOUTS! Loving on the nude color and it last a while.

on 2/2/2015 11:20:00 AM

it cloged my pores. I went for a date in a hot humid summer day wearing this and when I got the restaurant my male friend asked me why my face was broken (he meant like literally broken like glass). this is how serious its problem will ruin ur day. if u sweat a lot in summer, don't use this stuff .

on 2/2/2015 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

So I just revisited this foundation after a year of not using it... About a year ago I was looking for a HG liquid foundation, as my Bare Minerals was no longer cutting it for coverage and lasting power, and was trying a lot of products all at one time.

I remembered trying this product, not hating it, but trying a lot of other things, and I think this just got shoved into my makeup vault, only to be pulled out recently after watching some you tubers using this product.

For reference, I am NW 25 in MAC and I matched myself to the True Beige whipped Colorstay foundation. The color match is good and I do use some bronzer and highlighter to do a subtle contour and highlight (nothing crazy) this provides a nice even base for my skin. I wouldn't say that I have mature skin; however, it is not what it used to be. I have 3 lines (not fine, but not deep yet) on my forehead, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have combination skin, normal in the cheek and forehead area, oily in the TZone. I have melasma on both of my cheeks that resulted from sun exposure when I was pregnant. As well as red marks from blemishes from when I was a teenager.

(side note here: I never had "acne as a preteen or teenager, but once a month I would get a beautiful blemish on my cheek area. As a result of popping and picking these areas, I am left with red marks from the scarring. ) In addition to this, I do have broken capillaries on my upper cheeks and on the side of my nose.

Whew, I think I covered it all, and if I left details out I'm sorry. What I can say about this foundation is that it does provide decent coverage with minimal product. My HG foundation is the Smashbox 15 hour hydrating foundation; however, it is a bit pricey and was looking for a foundation that I could use daily... This fits the bill for me as it covers what I want for daily use. I want to note before I complete the review that I do think it's all about the primer with this foundation for staying power.

I used Smashbox's color correcting (silicone) and this slid off halfway through the day. The same thing happened when using It Cosmetic's primer serum. However, with Too Faced's Hangover Primer, stays beautifully and I still have that lit from within glow. I would recommend to those who are looking for a functional daily foundation. :)

on 1/30/2015 3:34:00 PM

One of my favorite drugstore foundations.

I think most people would be put off by the fact that this is such a thick consistency (thus the name- "whipped") however, I will say that when I apply this foundation, I hardly even notice I'm wearing it... it's more comfortable even than some of my liquid foundations.

My skin problems include a lot of post-immflamatory hyper pigmentation (mine appear as redness, not dark spots) as well as some dry spots in the wintertime. This foundation is one of the only ones I've tried that seems to look better as it wears throughout the day. It's also really good coverage without ever looking cakey. It covers any blemishes and/or redness I may have with one thin layer.

Lastly, I should point out that I'm not a fan of the jar packaging. Really bulky for travel, and not very sanitary. I wish it came in a tube instead, but considering how much I like the foundation, I will say that this is a minor complaint.

Would definitely recommend to others with normal to dry skin that prefer a heavier coverage foundation (not sure how this would work for oily skin).

on 1/23/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I actually like this Whipped Creme foundation. Normally, I wouldn't try it because I would think it wasn't made for oily skin. But this foundation isn't moisturizing - it's not drying either.

I like it better than the Color Stay liquid because you can spread it easier (which is great since I like a thin layer of coverage).

I really like the buildable coverage, and that it is a long lasting foundation. Also, they have a nice color range - the colors aren't too orange or too pink, and I was able to find a shade light enough for my skin.

on 1/23/2015 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this makeup after a couple of hours. It seems to look better after is has settled into my skin after awhile. I like this for a full coverage evening look. I wish it had better packaging. The jar is so messy and unsanitary.

Revlon please make a version of this that isn't pore clogging. I very, very rarely get any bumps. At 36 I haven't had to deal with that in about a decade.

Within a few days of using this I got clogged pores here & there. Then it became worse with the pores looking like bumps, but they were deep & not to be gross... inpoppable. I still have a couple on my chin from a almost half a year ago.

I loved everything about this product but had to stop using it within two weeks.

Great buildable coverage, great color match, great wear time. But, all of that meant nothing because it kept making my skin look worse. I really wish this could have worked.

(I'm going to try a different cleansing method to see if this will help with keeping my pores in check, will update)

on 1/21/2015 5:50:00 PM

This made me look like I was waiting to be put in a casket. It's that thick. And when it blends it gets paler. It feels like you have makeup all over your face, about two inches worth of it. Also, the colors are deceptive and get lighter after you put them on. The only good thing is it does last, it really does last. And you don't want it to last. I also feel like canisters are not hygienic. This went in the trash.

Popular Crème Foundations