These are much better than the Revlon stains. They go one smooth and last a long time.
I've seen the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains being hyped about in the blogosphere pretty much since they were released. I was somewhat hesitant to try one for myself, as they retail for around $20 here in Australia, which is a bit ridiculous. After a lot of searching, I finally managed to find them selling for half price, and grabbed one in 'Honey'.
- Lasts for hours and doesn't budge, even when eating or drinking. And kissing ;)
- Chubby stick shape makes application so easy. I apply this while rushing to work and don't even need a mirror
- Fairly moisturising (but I still use a lip balm underneath because my lips are extremely dry)
- The original shade when first applied is absolutely gorgeous, and the perfect MLBB shade for me. It's also very opaque, so one swipe of the stick is enough and you don't need to keep going over the same part of your lips to make the colour really pop
- Wears off evenly without leaving a ring around the lips, and doesn't settle into cracks
- Fair amount of product in the tube. Even though only about half of the tube contains product, I've been using it for about three months now and there's still quite a bit left
- Slightly minty feeling when applied. It feels quite refreshing, but wears away quickly
- Doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the lips. In fact, it feels quite light and balm-like (which I suppose is the point)
- The final stain is a bright Barbie pink, which is very different from the original colour and a bit disappointing
- The balm stain itself is a little bit shiny. I'd prefer something more matte, but this could just be my personal preference
- The silver writing on the packaging came off after about a week of use, leaving the packaging looking bare and a bit cheap
- A bit pricey
Overall, I'm quite happy with this product. It feels good on my lips, lasts for ages and is a lovely, natural colour when applied. My only grouches are the final colour of the stain being way too pink, and the high price tag. I would probably purchase this again, but only if it goes on sale!
Just recently got into wearing colored lip sticks. I usually just wear a neutral color such as nude or light pink but i think it's fun to experiment during the holidays and i decided to buy a dark red/burgundy color. I put on just a little bit at first to test the brightness of the shade and i instantly fell in love. I only put on a small amount, smudge on both top and bottom lip and blot with a napkin. No joke this color stays on! I even ate lunch and after it will still showing i am really amazed.
Overall I like this stain the only thing I find is that as time goes on it turns orange/red when it's more of a pink color to begin. I like it but its not my favorite lip color
Absolutely perfect, nothing at all bad to say about this. Is just as good, or even better, than the Clinique chubby sticks at a far lower price. I hope Revlon never discontinues this product and the color, one of several, is just perfect with my coloring. Thank you, Revlon!!!
Stays on great and love the colours it comes in. Acaully stains which is awesome.! Plus this product is cheap! What more can you ask for?
Love this! The color is a great mauve shade, a shade or two darker than my natural lip color. When the glossy finish wears off, the stain is more red than initially, but doesn't budge at all. I like to reapply because it is moisturizing and I love the minty feeling. For me, it is the perfect everyday shade and it is quite affordable!
The color actually does stain! I don't think the packaging color represents what it looks like on very well at all. "Honey" is a good color, but perhaps too brown on my skin. I was looking for something to merely accentuate the natural color I have when I'm wearing lighter makeup, but it goes a bit dark on me. I might go for "Cherish," "Sweetheart," or "Lovestick" next time around. One definite downside, though, is that it dries out my lips.
I like Honey. It goes on as a great pale lip color, with good staying powder, but it fades to a slightly orangey shade on me after an hour or so, which i don't like. I tend to put this on when it's the weekend and want to feel a little more put-together when I shlep around. I am waiting to try Crush to see if it is a better match. I am surprised about the orangeyness of the color; it doesn't look like it would turn that way at all.
Ladies, if you are looking for a natural, no hassle go-to fall lippie, Honey is definitely a wonderful option! It's not too bold and not too understated either. I personally don't have big lips, but the natural pink/brown tones in it with a slight shine finish actually gives it a nice perk making it seem like I have VaVaVoom lips..if that makes any sense lol just like everyone says, it feels very comfortable and light on the lips, it's easy to apply and affordable! I think my favorite part about it, is the stain. On me it leaves a beautiful rosey flush of color which is perfect for the fall/winter season. All in all, Honey is worth trying out especially for those who are recently looking into a darker neutral, wallet friendly product