Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

on 9/7/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Good stuff! I have been using this mascara for a while and man OH man. Let's just say every time I wear this people ask me am I wearing fake eyelashes or are those my real eyelashes? I'm like heeeeck yaaa they are! And it doesn't hurt that the bottle is in suuuuch a pretty container.

:D

Buy it! Now!

on 9/7/2014 12:38:00 PM

I'm a mascara guru! This is the Absolute Worst mascara on the market!!! It gives me no volume, does not come off easily and looks like I have nothing on! Truly a waste of money. However the actually tube is a pretty teal color but let's be honest, no one cares about that.

on 9/5/2014 7:11:00 PM

I love this mascara! It opens my eyes and lengthens my lashes so much. I have gotta lots of compliments on my lashes when I wear this mascara. Lasts throughout the day for me and I only wear this on my top lashes and, so far, I haven't noticed any fall out. However, I do tend to get some when I wear them on my bottom lashes. Its $8 at Walmart so I will definitely by repurchasing.

on 9/5/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara! Its drugstore making it inexpensive. I love the lightweight gel formula and the fact it doesnt clump.I only apply one coat and its a big different to say I have little to no lashes. No fall out either.

I previously had Covergirl Lash Blash which I didnt love but I wanted to finish the tube anyway. It def gave my lashes volume but the formula was SUPER DRYING. I think Ima stick with the MEGA PLUSH.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I usually really like the volum' express mascaras, so when I saw this new one I thought I'd give it a try. I gotta say this is my favourite one yet. It leaves your lashes soft while giving volume and length.

The brush is a bit too big making it hard to get at the corner lashes without making a mess.

I really like the texture of it, it's not sticky at all. It makes my lashes feel quite silky and it has a very smooth application.

on 8/20/2014 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm really surprised that this mascara doesn't have a higher rating on Makeup Alley - it's actually amazing.

Recently Target had a special promo on Maybelline mascaras ($3.50 each). For some reason, I've always been really intrigued by the Mega Plush Volum' Express whenever I'm in the drug store - maybe it's the name, or the fact that it has a giant brush and a gel mousse formula. Despite this, i've ALMOST purchased it about 3 times, but never sealed the deal. Finally I decided to buy it with the 50% off Target sale.

I actually bought another Maybelline mascara which I tried first and was kind of 'meh' about so I cracked this one open. I have the shade 'Blackest Black', because I generally always purchase the darkest colour. I just love it. I put on a number of coats and it didn't clump, and just added the perfect amount of plump volume (the name doesn't lie). Even though it adds volume and length, it doesn't come across as 'harsh' looking, as with light coloured hair I sometimes find mascara just sticks out too much in an overdone way.

This one is perfection - it has a weird football shaped brush that's flexible, and for me, the formula doesn't transfer from upper or lower lash line. You can build it up quickly for amazing voluminous lashes, or do one coat for something subtle. It doesn't clump like other mascara's (I believe that no matter what type of mascara you use, if you put on a 'crap load' it will clump. period.)

I kept looking at my lashes in the mirror after I first used this - highly recommend!

I really love this mascara. I hate how some mascaras make your lashes hard and flakey. This mascara keeps your lashes soft throughout the day, and definitely doesn't flake. It made my lashes look much longer and fuller, especially with a curl. And the best part is it didn't look spidery at all like some Other products. I will definitely repurchase!

on 8/18/2014 12:17:00 PM

I actually love this mascara! I bought it a while ago but forgot to use it. I just brought it back out and love the fluttery and full effect it gives my lashes! I personally hate the cartooney packaging though. Unfortunately, I will not be repurchasing since I have decided I am only going to buy cruelty-free.

on 8/16/2014 2:07:00 PM

One of my favorite mascara now! My lashes totally looked fake after 2 coats of this bad boy! The first coat was kind of "Ehh" like any other mascara, but I decided to wait and added on another coat, and that's when the magic happened. I was pretty surprised at the 2nd coat, the mascara was able to lift my lashes up and gave me that "falsie" look. I am definitely looking forward to repurchasing this again! :DD

on 8/16/2014 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great mascara! It lives up to the "mega plush" component! But can be on the drier side.