October 24, 2014 | 1391 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really do love this mascara. Still, being forever on the holy grail of mascaras hunt, I continue to search for one I like even better. This product does what it promises: lashes are very, very full, yet soft. They really look luxurious.The applicator deposits color gently, yet generously, and does not clump. You may get a little extra drop of color on the ends of your lashes, but that's easy to fix with a quick whisk of a tissue. I've had no problems with smudging or flaking. If you want a totally natural look, this isn't the mascara for you, but it's not so unnatural that it looks like you're wearing falsies. Which is actually why I give it four points out of five because I'm the over-the-top type that loves a fake lash look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by misconstruedcats

I had high hopes for very full and soft, plush lashes... and this disappointed. I found that it didn't do enough to volumize (like I thought it would), and it made my lashes look short! Also, this mascara made my lashes more brittle than others do. With a name like mega plush, that is the opposite of what I wanted. It flakes by the end of a day, no matter how much or little I layer on. Maybelline has better mascaras for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sloanepeterson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very average mascara. It doesn't stand out from any of the other drug store mascaras I have tried. There are things I like about it and things I don't like about it.

The thing I like most about this mascara is the brush. I like that it has actual bristles since it seems like a lot of mascaras have plastic brushes with firm plastic spikes. I've found these to be less effective than brushes with actual bristles.

I like the shape of the brush. It is an elongated oval that gets thinner at the ends so you can work the tip of the brush in your inner lashes.

What didn't work for me was that after I applied the mascara, it did not make my lashes look any thicker: and that is what the product is supposed to do - it's supposed to be a thickening mascara. Furthermore, it made the tips of my lashes stick together. It does absolutely no good at separating the lashes. The only way that it did work for me is in the lengthening department. It definitely made my lashes look longer.

I bought a two-pack of this mascara at Walgreens for $9.99 and I thought I was getting a bargain since 1 sells for $8.99. I'm sort of sorry i bought the two-pack because I will surely find another mascara I like better than this one before both tubes are used up.

All in all, not a bad, but not a great mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by JessicaGio

I like this mascara but I don't love it and I feel like I am still on the quest for the perfect mascara. I think this does increase volume and length and gives a nice look to my lashes but it is a bit clumpy and I wish it thickened them even more.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

-Another Update : So I been using this for about two months and I kinda like it but not really , its good but my only problem is the brush . I hate how it moves around so much and hate how it sometimes pokes my eye because of the brush . this is something I wont buy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated :
I been using this Mascara for a while now and I kinda like it but I still have a problem with the brush . it is a bit watery but other than that its okay and I still will give it a 5

My mom got me this because it was on sell at CVS and I though it was going to be a good mascara , from 1 to 10 I would give it a 5 , the reason I would give it a 5 is because I hate how the brush is , I wish it wouldn't move so much . I would buy it again if it the brush wouldn't move . the mascara is a little wet but still works good

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ellietsaki

very wet
doesn't give any volume at all

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by moh10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Luv this brand

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Milona316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

sorry but this was terribly wet then dried flaky and took minimum of three coats to even be noticeable. the wand was so flexible I couldn't get in there and push the brush up from the root of my lashes the way I usually do. the shape of the brush didn't help. never again will I buy it. just get falsies original or colossal original.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by elicandytime

I really didn't see anything special about this product. It smudged on me but all mascaras do. It gave me a natural lash look and didn't clump and felt very soft but I wouldn't buy it again even for natural days I'd go with full n soft

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by tia347

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this mascara at first. I really am not a big fan anymore though. I have to apply sooo many coats to get the look I'm going for. I like my lashes to be long and full with a curl for my small hooded eyes. This just takes too long to get that effect. It's more of a fluffy soft look. I wouldn't use this with a smoky eye look at all because your lashes will dissappear. Also after many applications it didn't seem to last and was a little flaky through the day.