Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 2/20/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS BRUSH. I finally splurged and bought this after years of using Elf brushes and being unsatisfied. This blends my foundation beautifully, liquid or powder. Some days I don't like to wear a full face of liquid foundation so I use this brush and just pack some powder in my tzone. It works wonderfully! This brush is also the perfect size, not to tiny and not too big, gives great control of the product. It also cleans up nicely after washing, doesn't shed. Would definitely repurchase!

on 2/16/2015 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

Where has this been all my life??? Now, I "came of age" during the time when you used your fingers to apply foundation. I have never really liked sponges, seems they soak up a lot of product. So, I usually like to apply with my fingers, and blend with a brush or beauty blender (kinda getting to like those!). And I just don't get the flat foundation brushes; seem to pile it on too thick.

This brush just...perfects the finish. Plus, it's magical when it comes to ensuring a seamless blend between foundation and cream blush (usually Stila Convertible Color, Poppy). I recently got a second one (sale + coupon!) so I could wash more frequently; if there is ANY drawback to this brush, it's that the very dense bristles take more than a day to dry fully. Oh, and it washes up like a dream.

on 2/15/2015 10:32:00 PM

My favourite foundation brush! Have had mine for over a year now and still works as good as when I first bought it. It does not shed at all and has still held its shape even after regular cleaning. It applies and blends my liquid foundations and bb creams flawlessly and so quickly. Will buy it again if it ever loses quality (which it hasn't showed any signs of yet)

I really wanted to love this product. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and while this worked well on my oily forehead, it left streaks on my -oily- nose. I don't get it really.. I use the same moisturizer and primer on every bit of my face so it shouldn't really make a difference, right? I used it to apply liquid foundation (MAC Pro Longwear), which is my HG foundation. I am now using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to apply my foundation and so far I'm satisfied. Much better than this Expert Face Brush. Will not buy again. Maybe if you have dry skin this brush works wonders for you.

I use this brush when applying my liquid or cream foundation, and I also use this to buff and blend my concealer in. The effect? FLAWLESS FACE! The bristles are dense and super soft, but still sturdy enough for a perfect foundation application.

At times, I use this while powder/cream contouring and applying blush. I think this brush is perfect to put in that makeup bag you bring with you wherever you go because of its versatility. For its price, you will never believe how great of a brush this is!

on 2/4/2015 3:07:00 AM

This brush is my savior. Before I used this I was using cheap, stippling brushes which did nothing for my foundation. The expert face brush makes my makeup look smooth. The bristles are sturdy yet soft and really give you full control of the application. It's great for buffing and stippling! Pretty easy to clean as well which is a bonus.
It's a bit pricey imo (around $20 AUD at Priceline) but worth it nonetheless.

on 2/1/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE!

on 1/31/2015 8:25:00 AM

This brush is excellent. I usually use the Buffing Brush for my tinted moisturiser but read that the Expert Face Brush is brilliant so decided to buy it. I would say the Expert brush is much better for my TM as it gives it more of a sheer finish so it looks like a second skin. I use the NARS TM and found that the Buffing Brush made the product sit on my skin a little. I must say however that the Buffing Brush us excellent for mineral foundation. I love these brushes and will probably buy a few more!

on 1/31/2015 6:44:00 AM

Deadset changed my life. I am in a relationship with my expert face brush I use it that often. It works in so many ways but most importantly, applies my foundations (liquid and mineral powder) like a dream. Do yourself a favour a get one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I have to say, after watching all the beauty gurus on YouTube raving about this brush, "how incredibly soft it was", "how amazing it applied foundation", I was excited, no, ecstatic when I found it at my local Walgreens. I paid around $10 for it, and used it first thing when arriving home.
And it was a huge dissapointment to be honest... Really, I understand that the bristles are duo fiber and dense, that it applies foundation without streaking, but really? The hairs on the brush are very coarse and brittle. It felt so uncomfortable buffing foundation against my skin with this brush! My sensitive skin felt hurt and tugged. I am used to softer brushes that, believe it or not, I bought at EBay for a super cheap price and they are amazingly soft and well made. If you want to check those out, here's my review on them: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=175673/Ebay-10-Piece-Kabuki-Brush-Set/Unlisted-Brand/Makeup-Brushes

For my sensitive skin, this brush isn't for me. And it is kind of small and expensive for what it really is. Not a fan, sorry Chapman girls!

Popular Makeup Brushes