Avene Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

4.1

US cream for intolerant skin: Water (Aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Squalane, Benzoic Acid, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine. ------------------------------------ US Avene skin recovery cream: Avene Thermal Spring Water (avene Aqua), Mineral Oil (paraffinumliquidum), Glycerin, Glycerylstearate, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Clycohexasiloxane, Serine, Carbomer, Tetrasodium Edta, Triethanolamine, Water (aqua).

on 4/22/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product doesnt irritate my sensitive skin or cause any breakouts and its moisturizing enough for me to use daily. Ive noticed a decrease in clogged pores on my chin since using it. Its a little pricey, however, i appreciate the simple formulation, minimal ingredient list, and no perfume.

on 4/22/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great simple moisturizer. its a little expensive and i prefer tub packaging, however it doesnt irritate my skin or cause breakouts and i appreciate that it has minimal ingredients and no fragrance. It sunk in quickly and since ive been using it ive been experiencing less clogs on my chin.

on 3/30/2012 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ok...my story in shortened version. Two very bad derms had me on topical steroid cream for over 8yrs. I was not aware and when I found out it was this I stopped cold turkey. The flare ups came, like rosacea. Told it was steroid induced rosacea. So i had to find something so gentle this was my 3rd and most successful choice.

While it is nice and great for my extremely dry skin, I cannot use on my cheeks yet-way too intolerant of anything but vaseline ( i know awful :( ) . So I use this on forehead, nose, eye area and chin. I have much clearer skin now. Flares up have ceased in those areas, acne even cleared. I also take an antihistamine often, almost daily because my skin reacts to everything in the air. I love this cream for my T-zone (very flaky dry and acne prone) and my only complaint is it needs to be a bit more moisturizing. But in all a great cream..I am hoping in another 4-6wks I will be able to use on my cheeks too.

Update--well tried on cheeks, major mistake. While it did help my t-zone, still not enough. So I switched to La Roche Posay's Toleriane Ultra-it is like magic for me.

on 1/31/2012 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I have sensitive fair skin, prone to flushing in cheeks, dryness and general irritation.

With consistent use (and sleep!), this product diminishes them all and makes me glow.

I always think "oh, there's probably something better for my skin out there" and try new products, but end up coming back to this. Ie. I just tried the Dermalogica Ultra Calming line, which broke my forehead out with over 50-60 of those tiny skin colored bumps. Three days back on this and they're all gone, 99% smooth.

This is the only product I actually run out of and re-buy. HG. Thanks Avene, my skin wouldn't be the same without this.

(I use the light version, with cetaphil as my cleanser)

on 1/22/2012 5:40:00 AM

I don't see what all the fuss is about with this product. I expected it to soothe and calm my rosacea but it didn't really do anything and it left a bit of a sticky film on my skin.

on 1/7/2012 11:03:00 PM

I found this fantastic for my sensitive skin. It does calm redness & felt soothing. But it is a very heavy/greasy moisturiser, so when I tried using it under my makeup during the day I found I was melting a lot & needed constant powder touch ups (not good!).

As a skin repair cream used at night I absolutely adore it. It is very expensive, as goes with Avene products. But I do believe this cream is worth it for the soothing effects I get from it. Didn't break me out either.

on 1/4/2012 8:22:00 PM

I have been dealing with some nasty flakies all over my face lately. I typically use Cerave lotion and that is not enough. I was at the drugstore this weekend and the SA suggested to try this cream. I put it on before bed and what a difference. I have been using it twice a day since and my face has calmed down. I have smooth skin and the tone has evened out. I took off a lippie because it is pretty expensive for such a small tube ($31.00 CAD), but nonetheless it is worth trying if you are struggling with really sensitive, dry skin.

on 1/3/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used to have acne-prone skin but after taking Accutane (month 6), my skin became extremely dry and sensitive. The sales lady at London Drugs highly recommended it to me and I must say this Avene creme works wonders! I apply the cream twice a day and after about 2 weeks, I've noticed excellent results. My skin is so smooth and I feel like my skin is glowing!

on 12/23/2011 2:41:00 PM

I selected yes to purchase this product again but I'm not sure - probably only in desperate circumstances. I bought this some time ago to use as a night cream, however found it too greasy and my skin was ok at the time so I didn't notice any difference. Recently with the cooler weather and increase in cold/wind and central heating indoors (probably also some over enthusiastic exfoliation) my skin has become quite sensitive and intolerant and it becomes red and sore very easily. I abandoned my usual routine and pared it down to the bare minimum with products for intolerant skin, and started using this cream at night to protect and repair my skin. It has helped quite a lot with consistent use over a week, however it has been making me break out in small, blind red bumps that do go away with attention (spot cream) but my skin hasn't broken out in this way or this frequently since I was a teenager 10 years ago. So perhaps this is an emergency product, and not for frequent use. Will try some more natural alternatives first.

on 12/12/2011 11:31:00 AM

Since my early teens, I've been dealing with what I thought was perpetual bad skin. Acne, rosacea, little bumps on my cheeks, constantly flaking dry skin that just wouldn't go away - but now I'm 19 and my skin is finally smooth and clear! I'm not saying this is a miracle product, but this is my everyday moisturizer and it has been for two years! And I just realized it had mineral oil in it....and since I thought I had very acnegenic skin, I had been avoiding it like the plague.