Avene Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

4.1

US cream for intolerant skin: Water (Aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Squalane, Benzoic Acid, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine. ------------------------------------ US Avene skin recovery cream: Avene Thermal Spring Water (avene Aqua), Mineral Oil (paraffinumliquidum), Glycerin, Glycerylstearate, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Clycohexasiloxane, Serine, Carbomer, Tetrasodium Edta, Triethanolamine, Water (aqua).

on 5/14/2012 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had a sample of this laying around in my room. My face got super dry because of the weather, and so I decided to try it out. It worked wonders, and also calmed my redness! Its very light on the skin and has no harsh smells. I bought the full size now, it is a little more expensive, but a little goes a long way with this stuff!!

on 4/24/2012 9:25:00 AM

i love it pretty smooth , doesn't irritate my skin or cause any spots .
my skin is dry if i only apply this cream it is not enough for the winter,i also put Avene - Tolerance Extreme Anti-irritating Soothing Cream
before i apply recovery cream ! so far i cant find any cream like this which is not irritate my sensitive dry skin !

on 4/22/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product doesnt irritate my sensitive skin or cause any breakouts and its moisturizing enough for me to use daily. Ive noticed a decrease in clogged pores on my chin since using it. Its a little pricey, however, i appreciate the simple formulation, minimal ingredient list, and no perfume.

on 4/22/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great simple moisturizer. its a little expensive and i prefer tub packaging, however it doesnt irritate my skin or cause breakouts and i appreciate that it has minimal ingredients and no fragrance. It sunk in quickly and since ive been using it ive been experiencing less clogs on my chin.

on 3/30/2012 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ok...my story in shortened version. Two very bad derms had me on topical steroid cream for over 8yrs. I was not aware and when I found out it was this I stopped cold turkey. The flare ups came, like rosacea. Told it was steroid induced rosacea. So i had to find something so gentle this was my 3rd and most successful choice.

While it is nice and great for my extremely dry skin, I cannot use on my cheeks yet-way too intolerant of anything but vaseline ( i know awful :( ) . So I use this on forehead, nose, eye area and chin. I have much clearer skin now. Flares up have ceased in those areas, acne even cleared. I also take an antihistamine often, almost daily because my skin reacts to everything in the air. I love this cream for my T-zone (very flaky dry and acne prone) and my only complaint is it needs to be a bit more moisturizing. But in all a great cream..I am hoping in another 4-6wks I will be able to use on my cheeks too.

Update--well tried on cheeks, major mistake. While it did help my t-zone, still not enough. So I switched to La Roche Posay's Toleriane Ultra-it is like magic for me.

on 1/31/2012 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I have sensitive fair skin, prone to flushing in cheeks, dryness and general irritation.

With consistent use (and sleep!), this product diminishes them all and makes me glow.

I always think "oh, there's probably something better for my skin out there" and try new products, but end up coming back to this. Ie. I just tried the Dermalogica Ultra Calming line, which broke my forehead out with over 50-60 of those tiny skin colored bumps. Three days back on this and they're all gone, 99% smooth.

This is the only product I actually run out of and re-buy. HG. Thanks Avene, my skin wouldn't be the same without this.

(I use the light version, with cetaphil as my cleanser)

on 1/22/2012 5:40:00 AM

I don't see what all the fuss is about with this product. I expected it to soothe and calm my rosacea but it didn't really do anything and it left a bit of a sticky film on my skin.

on 1/7/2012 11:03:00 PM

I found this fantastic for my sensitive skin. It does calm redness & felt soothing. But it is a very heavy/greasy moisturiser, so when I tried using it under my makeup during the day I found I was melting a lot & needed constant powder touch ups (not good!).

As a skin repair cream used at night I absolutely adore it. It is very expensive, as goes with Avene products. But I do believe this cream is worth it for the soothing effects I get from it. Didn't break me out either.

on 1/4/2012 8:22:00 PM

I have been dealing with some nasty flakies all over my face lately. I typically use Cerave lotion and that is not enough. I was at the drugstore this weekend and the SA suggested to try this cream. I put it on before bed and what a difference. I have been using it twice a day since and my face has calmed down. I have smooth skin and the tone has evened out. I took off a lippie because it is pretty expensive for such a small tube ($31.00 CAD), but nonetheless it is worth trying if you are struggling with really sensitive, dry skin.

on 1/3/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used to have acne-prone skin but after taking Accutane (month 6), my skin became extremely dry and sensitive. The sales lady at London Drugs highly recommended it to me and I must say this Avene creme works wonders! I apply the cream twice a day and after about 2 weeks, I've noticed excellent results. My skin is so smooth and I feel like my skin is glowing!