November 22, 2014 | 1629 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by tfortash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I have sensitive fair skin, prone to flushing in cheeks, dryness and general irritation.

With consistent use (and sleep!), this product diminishes them all and makes me glow.

I always think "oh, there's probably something better for my skin out there" and try new products, but end up coming back to this. Ie. I just tried the Dermalogica Ultra Calming line, which broke my forehead out with over 50-60 of those tiny skin colored bumps. Three days back on this and they're all gone, 99% smooth.

This is the only product I actually run out of and re-buy. HG. Thanks Avene, my skin wouldn't be the same without this.

(I use the light version, with cetaphil as my cleanser)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't see what all the fuss is about with this product. I expected it to soothe and calm my rosacea but it didn't really do anything and it left a bit of a sticky film on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this fantastic for my sensitive skin. It does calm redness & felt soothing. But it is a very heavy/greasy moisturiser, so when I tried using it under my makeup during the day I found I was melting a lot & needed constant powder touch ups (not good!).

As a skin repair cream used at night I absolutely adore it. It is very expensive, as goes with Avene products. But I do believe this cream is worth it for the soothing effects I get from it. Didn't break me out either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been dealing with some nasty flakies all over my face lately. I typically use Cerave lotion and that is not enough. I was at the drugstore this weekend and the SA suggested to try this cream. I put it on before bed and what a difference. I have been using it twice a day since and my face has calmed down. I have smooth skin and the tone has evened out. I took off a lippie because it is pretty expensive for such a small tube ($31.00 CAD), but nonetheless it is worth trying if you are struggling with really sensitive, dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by miniipixie

I used to have acne-prone skin but after taking Accutane (month 6), my skin became extremely dry and sensitive. The sales lady at London Drugs highly recommended it to me and I must say this Avene creme works wonders! I apply the cream twice a day and after about 2 weeks, I've noticed excellent results. My skin is so smooth and I feel like my skin is glowing!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by kimannj

I selected yes to purchase this product again but I'm not sure - probably only in desperate circumstances. I bought this some time ago to use as a night cream, however found it too greasy and my skin was ok at the time so I didn't notice any difference. Recently with the cooler weather and increase in cold/wind and central heating indoors (probably also some over enthusiastic exfoliation) my skin has become quite sensitive and intolerant and it becomes red and sore very easily. I abandoned my usual routine and pared it down to the bare minimum with products for intolerant skin, and started using this cream at night to protect and repair my skin. It has helped quite a lot with consistent use over a week, however it has been making me break out in small, blind red bumps that do go away with attention (spot cream) but my skin hasn't broken out in this way or this frequently since I was a teenager 10 years ago. So perhaps this is an emergency product, and not for frequent use. Will try some more natural alternatives first.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by sooyoungl

Since my early teens, I've been dealing with what I thought was perpetual bad skin. Acne, rosacea, little bumps on my cheeks, constantly flaking dry skin that just wouldn't go away - but now I'm 19 and my skin is finally smooth and clear! I'm not saying this is a miracle product, but this is my everyday moisturizer and it has been for two years! And I just realized it had mineral oil in it....and since I thought I had very acnegenic skin, I had been avoiding it like the plague.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This didn't do anything for me. I used it to calm down my redness and rebalance my skin but it did nothing except break me out, as did the Cleanance products. Avene hares my face!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by avironneur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT IS IT? Moisturizing cream for sensitive skin
INGREDIENTS: Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Squalane, Benzoic Acid, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine
HOW DOES IT PERFORM? I had to be the odd man out but this cream, while providing adequate hydration and serving its intended purpose, also causes my face to immediately go red and blotchy minutes after application. I blame the butylene glycol as I experience a similar reaction when using Spectro Jel (Canadian mild silicone-based cleansing gel) which also contains butylene glycol as a principal ingredient. This cream has a gel-like texture and only a small amount is required to hydrate skin. This is best applied over wet skin. I personally broke out badly after using this for a week so I would be hesitant to recommend this to acne-prones although it did plump up my dry areas nicely and eliminate seborrheic dermatitis patches.
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? No - between the breakouts and the high price based on the ingredients, I cannot justify purchasing this again.
PRICE: $31.00 CAD for 40ml

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by cloudpaper

This cream is very gentle and does calm down the skin. the only problem is it using mineral oil as the main ingredients so it does not absorb properly into your skin and leaves oily face. It also clog your pores and i develop some whiteheads after three days using it.