MAC Lustre - Retrospeck

4.2

The glitter is really a bit too much for me, considering I haaate glittery shadows, but other than that an ok color. But I won't buy again.

I am IN LOVE with this color. It's my HC base lid color. I pair with shroom in the brow area and vary the color, but mainly use Tempting in the crease. I would completely freak out if MAC stopped carrying this color!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I loved this color (can't say I've seen it anywhere else, sadly) BUT the glitter was way too much for me.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I can't help feeling that if this eye shadow had been released by a drugstore brand it would have gotten a much lower rating... it seemed nice when I swatched it on my hand at the mac store, and I had seen it got a good overall rating here before I bought it but I have to say I, for one, hate it!!! I get glitter down to my chin when I try to put it on but not much shows on the lid (despite using a base and all) and even if I try to carefully pat it on with a 239. It's a mess and it was definitely not worth the price for me. I will update if something changes but unfortunately I don't think it will.

check out this video!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin is fair (NC15), and Retrospeck works a treat. It brings out the eyecolour, but not in a shouty way. The hue reminds me of the healthy gleam one gets on the skin, after a day out in the sun.

Sometimes I try to find a similar, cheaper e/s in the same colour. (Mac is rather expensive in Sweden.) So far, no luck. Retrospeck is one of a kind.

I hope Mac never discontinues this product. If so, IŽll have a major personality crisis, looks-wise!

this is one of my favorite mac eyeshadows. i wear it everyday on my lid and brow bone. it's a sheer white/champagne with a slight gold color with shimmer and some glitter. the texture seems gritty and you have to really swipe your brush in a couple of times to get some product on. i don't get or notice any fallouts. i highly recommend this to anyone.

I like this color, I use it as a lid wash, I dont mind the lustre finish, its a nice soft goldish color that gives you that nice awake look. I like to pair it with Bronze, mulch and woodwinked.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My boyfriend bought this for me for Christmas 2 years ago and it turned out to be one of my favorites ever. I almost used up the entire pot actually.I love this eyeshadow. I wear this on a typical day for work, school etc. It's so pretty worn on the lid with woodwinked in the crease. It's a little gritty and hard to get on the brush, but it's something I can live with. I just think it's so pretty for a casual look, but can be brought into nighttime. It's for sure one of my staples.

For ref: NC15, hazel green eyes, brown hair.
I was looking for a champagne colour that I could use as a wash all over my lid and Retrospeck was what she suggested.

It accomplishes what I wanted and now I have started to play with it.
I have paired it with Sketch and Sumptuous Olive and love the effects.I've layered it on top of Expensive pink. I use it as a brow highlighter and cheek highlighter. It really is quite a versatile shadow.

The big CON: too much glitter. I wish this was just a shimmer.

Cheers :)