October 1, 2014 | 1744 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by darlingmarmalade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The very most magical concealer/foundation I have ever used. I hate foundation, it makes me feel gross, but this stuff is wonderful.

Super fine loose powder in a container that prevents you from over using (as long as you don't store it upside down)

I use it to camouflage red spots when they show up, I apply it using the flat dense brush they provided in the kit, it covers like a dream, hiding the spot completely without further irritating it. Definitely worth your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by travelbugaf3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

**I've only been using this product for 15 days. I'm still a little nervous that it's "too good to be true" and will update again in a few more weeks.

Also, my skin type is acne prone, fair, oily with dry spots, and extremely sensitive (allergic to pretty much everything).

BUT. . . as of right now, 15 days in, I'm amazed. I've had acne every day for 14 years, until using this makeup. My skin has cleared dramatically-- so dramatically that I've actually switched to their eyeshadow, blush, EVERYTHING, because I don't want to put anything else on my face. I did notice that I seemed to have a reaction when I put mineral veil on as a "primer" so I've stopped using it underneath the foundation and the reaction went away the next day. The foundation itself doesn't seem to irritate my skin at ALL and my skin tone is more even than it has been in years. I use their blemish therapy over my t zone (which has almost cleared up my blackheads) and it really keeps the oil at bay. Other than that, I just use bisque under my eyes and a light application of Fairly Light as both my foundation and concealer. The coverage is surprisingly good. It's not as great at covering as my old makeup, but it's TOTALLY worth the switch since my skin is clearing up so much. Right now, I'm using less than half the BE foundation I did in the first week-- I started doing 2-3 applications plus concealer, and now I just need 1 application because my skin tone is so much better. Last night when I walked out of the bathroom after washing my face, my husband commented on how "pretty and glowy" my face looked.

Just a couple of other tips-- I ditched their foundation brush, because it was scratchy and irritated my skin. I put on the foundation with my favorite Ecotools brush. No matter what brush you use, you do have to really buff the product in. I was worried at first that buffing would buff the product off, but it doesn't. It really melts it into the skin and gives me that airbrushed look.

I also think that this may turn out to be cheaper for me in the long run than the drug store mineral makeup I had been using, because the product goes so far and lasts so long.

I have never had skin like this. Ever. And trust me, I've tried tons of makeups, seen dermatologists, and tried a ridiculous amount of skin care products. Like I said, I'm terrified that this won't last and that I'll end up breaking out in horrible cystic acne like some have mentioned. But it looks like this may turn out to be my HG and the solution to my skin problems!

**UPDATE: My perfect skin only lasted three weeks, then my breakouts came back. I still have fewer blackheads and better overall skin tone. I don't blame the breakouts on BE since they are in the same exact areas I've been breaking out for over a decade, and there were other factors that definitely contributed (hormones, etc.). But I'm disappointed that it's not the miracle product it seemed to be in the beginning! After 6 weeks, I've began using my old foundation on days when my breakouts are particularly bad, as it gives better coverage

**UPDATE (again) I am an idiot. After writing my last update, it dawned on me that I had made a change in my skincare routine around the same time that I started breaking out again. I corrected that, and am happy to say that my beautiful bare minerals skin is back! I've been wearing BE for a few months now, and truly have never been happier with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by czsherman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product goes on evenly and feels like you are not wearing anything at all. I have sensitive skin and this product has not given me any problem at all. It lasts all day and I believe it has actually improved the appearance of my skin even when I am not wearing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by fashionnbabiixo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to try Bare Minerals ever since I started looking up reviews on the product a few months ago. After weeks of reading about it, I decided to buy the foundation. I went to Macy's and picked out a color and decided to get the Full Flawless Face Brush too. The total came to almost 60 dollars and I started getting really upset that I had just spent that much money on a foundation and makeup brush. I returned both items minutes later and figured if I was going to spend that much money I might as well buy the Starter Kit for 60 dollars. The product claimed to cover acne, redness and rosacea, which it only did after I caked it on for about 10 minutes. This foundation also made my skin unbelievably oily. Considering I do have oily skin I probably should have gotten the matte formula. The reason I didn't was because I heard a lot of people saying it wasn't as good, and that I was better off buying the original formula anyway. I won't be purchasing the matte version because I know there are much better mineral foundations at the drug store that will offer coverage. Needless to say, I was actually pleased with a couple of the brushes and brush shampoo that came with the kit, although the Mineral Veil did virtually nothing. This foundation may work for you if you have normal to dry skin with no blemishes or redness. But then again, if I had skin like that I wouldn't even wear foundation, never mind one that is 26 dollars.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Fionalol

PROS:
-Matches your skin PERFECTLY. It does exactly what the infomercials claim.
-It's foolproof. You can really apply it with a blindfold on and you'll still look flawless.
-Looks great in photographs.
CONS:
-Pricey. Only the foundation cost about $26 and the starter kid was nearly $70. Both only lasted about 3 months each.
-Fells itchy. I have near-perfect skin and my makeup routine generally consists of a layer of moisturizer and then foundation. The foundation also had bismuth oxychloride, which is commonly known to irritate a lot of people's skin. That means that this "lightweight" mineral foundation had enough chemicals to penetrate through a pretty thick layer of moisturizer.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product to people with sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by bllhjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has pretty much everything I want in a foundation, although I wish it had better oil control, it still has spf, very easy to apply, natural finish, and the color matches me perfectly. I've never had a foundation match perfect even though I have so many but this one isn't noticeable at all. I'm around nc15 with warm undertones and I wear fair c10. I use this with flat top kabuki brush from Sonia Kashuk and it looks so natural, and still covers everything I need covered. I will say that this can show dryness on my face especially since you really have to buff it in, so just make sure to exfoliate and moisturize. Like I said I wish it held up to my oiliness a little bit better (lasts about 4-5 hours shine free) but it really is a great foundation overall.

UPDATE: This stuff became very itchy and irritating whenever I got a little warm and it also broke me out. I sadly returned it :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by miamia1997

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

when i first bought this product i really liked it. it gave me good coverage and lasted all day. but over time i started to notice that this product was feeling heavy and was making my acne prone skin breakout. i was also shiny by the end of the day. when i told my facialist i was using this product she insisted i throw it away because it clogs pores. instead she suggested a oil free light foundation. after i made the swich my acne got alot better. but i still use the bare minerals warmth and translucent powder because they work great and look really natural. i would recomend this if you have non acne prone skin and you need average coverage then this product works great. but make sure you use an illuminator or moisterizer because this product can make your skin cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by TarynKay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I've been buying it for years and the only complaint I have is that my skin ends to get shiny/oily by the end of the day. Maybe I'll switch to the matte foundation and see if that helps. Still, would definitely recommend to any of my friends!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by AbiMcClymont

Although I did like the coverage and how easy it was to top up this foundation it did not react well on my skin and left it feeling dry and irrated. I do use a lot of foundation and expected this product to feel great but unfortunately it felt the opposite, not the 'makeup so pure you can sleep in' to which the site claims. Although i did not like the product I am giving it 3 lips as I feel it was my skin that was the problem rather than the actual product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by nicolemcnally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

amazing product!! i havnt had a spot in 2 years since getting this product, and im in my early teens. if your skin is spot prone its an excellent foundation as you can cleanse your skin and dont have to worry about your makeup making you break out as theres no chemicals in it to disturb your pores. it doesnt feel like your wearing makeup and it doesnt look like it either. its a powder foundation that blends in easily and having fair skin i wanted to show it instead of trying to look darker as i did a few years ago and just looked ridiculous. it looks natural and smooth, an amazing buy :)