December 22, 2014 | 1571 users online

Liquid - BeneFit Cosmetics - "Hello Flawless!" Oxygen Wow

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by bekahfelly94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I went and had this done at the make up counter, and the mua made me look amazing and my mum came round and said I looked great. Could not be more unhappy with purchase. Next to zero choice in colours, ivory to pale and other colours were too dark.
Coverage is fairly sheer which I don't mind but it's not build able at all and seems to highlight every imperfection and leave me with shocking open pores :( Does leave a nice dewy glow it suppose one of the few redeeming features
Also slides off as soon as you put powder or bronzer on over it and it lasts poorly throughout the day. I can't wait to finish it I'm only doing so because it's too expensive to waste!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by MelissaSuzanne1

It looks good at first but beware, if you want to put on bronzer/highlighter it will wipe the foundation off. Also if you sweat even a little during the day like i do especially around my forehead area, it comes off in parts and looks blotchy. I have tried many primers to correct this but nothing seems to help. I'm a Benefit fanatic but they really missed the mark on this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by nicoleligia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit always gets me with their lovely packaging. I bought this in the custom kit deal thing, along with Hervana and They're Real! about a year ago. It's an okay foundation, I got it in shade Ivory - "I'm Pure 4 Sure" . I don't believe there is enough shade options, it looked odd on my NC15, yellow skin. It has a wonderful satin finish though. It blends nicely and looks good. Feels kinda oily on my dry skin though. Overall, I definitely wouldn't repurchase. There are far better drugstore and high-end options.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by chantelgloria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK.. So I was totally enticed to purchase this product because I work in the mall which means I am a victim to constantly walking by Sephora and all the pretty make-up draws you in. When you see Benefits section its grabs your attention but i have to say overall im very displeased with the product. I actually purchased both the flawless foundation, foundation powder and the erase paste. I hated it all! ok, well maybe not ALL because i still use the erase paste from time to time BUT all of their products left me looking orange and oily. (i got colored matched so it was my right color it just changed a different color as the day went on) I was totally hopeful from reading the reviews on it but it failed me lol I have acne prone skin and i feel as if it made it 10x worse. But hey maybe someone with perfect skin might enjoy looking FLAWLESS. I did not!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

(if you want to see what it looks like on me, it's the before and after picture)

PROS:
-beautiful glowy finish
-lightweight, easy to apply
-medium coverage
-photographs beautifully. didn't think it would but wore it for my prom and i adored it

CONS:
-shade selection. it's the reason I didn't repurchase. when i wore this i had to have a bit of self tanner on because even the lightest shade is too yellow and too dark for my NW13ish skin.
-expensive, but it's benefit, whadaya expect
-not crazy longwearing, but you don't expect that with a glowy lightweight foundation

Overall, if you have nice skin or have a great concealer, and you fit into their color selection, I recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by LucyB23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the worst foundation I have ever used!!! I booked a make up consultation with benefit as I was interested in trying some of their products. This foundation has practically no coverage at all, it is not build able in any way, after she put it on me I looked in the mirror and literally was shocked! My skin isn't perfect but it's not awful but this seemed to highlight every imperfection on my face. She then added bronzer and blusher, where she applied this it completely took off the foundation underneath, I couldn't even see the bronzer and blusher!! It just looked like I was wearing no make up! After she was finished I went shopping for a few hours, looked in the mirror when I got home and all my make up had literally slid off!! Do not buy this foundation, I've got foundations from boots that are half the price and much better quality!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by fatima1087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because just like everybody else i was looking for the holly foundation! and i have an oily skin so i thought this "Oil Free" foundation might actually keep me matte for a few hours!
At first i liked it because it had a soft finish to it and the color i got "Champagne" was a good match BUT as i started wearing it for during the day i started to notice that it leaves my face sticky and as oily as it could ever get!!!!
Do i hate it? I'm not so sure ! the color and coverage are pretty good
Do i love it? not really.. I'm still looking !!

I recommend this foundation to people with DRY to NORMAL skin! Def not oily

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Asioned

I love this foundation because it's light and natural, but I can build it to cover problem spots.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Fazira

The counter lady tried some on my face and told me I was in the shade Champagne and since I heard about how beneficial it is, what with it being filled with oxygen or something, I decided to buy it without doing much research.

I liked it for the first few times I used it, but that was a long time ago and not during the time where I'd pay attention to my base. After a long pause, it became a rediscovery and I realised why I stopped using it.

Firstly, it was too drying. It left me looking cakey and made my pores more visible. I think it is to do with their formula that uses clay? I'm not too sure. Secondly, since it is a medium coverage, if you ever build it up to get full coverage, you WILL look cakey, so be wary of this. Thirdly, it does not have very good staying power for someone with oily skin such as myself, and while it really does not oxidise, I still don't see why I should reach for this foundation. Maybe the only reason would be because I paid quite a lot of money for it, which is my fourth point; pricey. Really not something I would repurchase since it does not give me my money's worth. I don't mind my Nars Sheer Glow because that stuff is amazing. Fifth, the colour range is not all that impressive. My skin tone is really something in between Champagne and beige upon closer examination.

Perhaps if I had used a brush, I would get a better result. Along with a primer. But then again, I have other foundations that perform way better when I apply without a primer or a brush.

Should Benefit launch a newer formula with a bigger colour range, I might just give a whirl.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by pgoodwin89

I often flick through magazines, looking at models skin (in envy) that i myself don't have flawless, glowing, well perfect skin (even though i am aware that the pictures are airbrushed and my foundation cant work miracles) but in my head that's what im convinced i can achieve with my own skin.

So, i was looking into buying a medium coverage, dewy foundation that doesn't make me have an oily/shiny face.

I don't have oily skin myself, my skin is quite sensitive with the occasional pimple.

I have had many Benefit products in the past and have been really pleased with the result, although i admit i've never tried their foundation before. I went into my local boots store to query what the assistant on the benefit counter thought would work best for my 'flawless, glowy dewy look' - of which she advised that the new 'Hello Flawless, Oxygen Foundation' found fit best.

I took a seat and she applied that foundation to the corner face to see what shade would suit me best, my shade was 'Ivory, Pure for Sure' - my first impression was 'i quite like the look of that' so sure enough i purchased a bottle.

However, i couldn't contain my excitement so i opened the bottle as soon as i got home. Cleansed, Toned, Moisturized and Primed my face ready for application.

I watched a few you tube videos to see the best way of applying and the general consensus was to apply with a brush, so i started apply the foundation with my brush.

The results...well were not as i had hoped. It didn't provide any coverage at all, it stuck to my dry skin and it had a 'cakey' effect to it. Giving it the benefit of the doubt i wore it for the rest of the day to see how it held up, after 3/4 hours later my t-zone was incredibly shiny and i looked like i just had greasy moisturizer on my face. I have set it with powder and applied it with a sponge ever since and i still feel it makes no difference.

Sorry Benefit, this isn't your greatest product and its far too overpriced for what you actually get.