April 19, 2014 | 1704 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Invisible Fluid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT SO MUCH! It exceeded my expectations! The Invisible Fluid Makeup blends very well and it looks natural. There is not any SPF, so if you are planning to take pictures, this would be the perfect foundation to wear. The coverage is light to medium; therefore, if you need more coverage, it is imperative that you also use concealer. Don't worry if you have an oily t-zone like I do. The longevity of this foundation is impressive. It will last longer if you wear a primer underneath it. Before dispensing the foundation, please ensure to shake the bottle very well! The product does separate. For your reference, my shade for this product is 2CN2. I am a MAC NC 25-30, Shiseido O40 with strong yellow undertones. The only drawback of this foundation is the expensive price. Needless to say, I only use this product about 2-3 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by diasyang

If you are looking for an everyday light-weighted foundation, this is the one! I love this foundation! It has the perfect amount of coverage (if you need more coverage, just apply one more layer on the spot needed or use a concealer). Also, it stays on my face through out the day, it doesn't move around on my super oily skin-- with/without a primer! My skin looks flawless whenever i use this. BEST Foundation Ever!!! I Love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by blondedame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy grail foundation! All the issues I had with Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua are non-existent here: fragrance free!, doesn't cause oil after long wear, and doesn't irritate skin. I wear 1CN1 and it is the perfect match for my cool/fair skin. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail, at long last! This foundation truly does what it says, in being so lightweight and almost invisible. It has a very sheer, light finish and feels like you have nothing on--just makes you look like you have naturally nice skin. It has a slightly gel-like texture when you first get it out, but then blends into a silky light finish. The color range is also well suited to me, as a relatively light Asian woman (my color is 2WN1). I like that they have both warm and neutral undertones to offer. It's also non-comedogenic and hasn't broken me out so far. Therefore, it's nice to have a foundation where you feel like your skin can breathe.

I would compare it to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua--but dare I say, I actually like this even MORE than the Chanel. I loved the color, feel and texture of the Chanel, but unfortunately it had too much alcohol and fragrance for my rather sensitive skin. This foundation has all those great qualities of the Chanel, but without the fragrance and alcohol, which is wonderful. If anyone else also had a sensitive reaction to the Chanel as I did, this one is a great alternative. As a bonus, it's even $10 cheaper than Chanel's. Definitely try it at your local counter if you can, it's worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by nikkisanders

I have extremely oily skin with active acne but I was never a fan of piling on foundation, I always use a light base and a heavy duty concealer where I need it. So when this foundation came out I was extremely excited. First time I tried it, I absolutely fell in love.. its so easy to work with and feels light on the skin, and lasts all day. However I'm so guttered because I've realized this has been the cause of a lot of my new recent breakouts. I'm honestly devastated because this has been one of the nicest foundations I've tried in a while, and I paid good money for it. Oh well :'(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

I got loads of samples of this in various shades which lasted me months but i'm so glad i didn't buy it! The coverage and texture as well as finish are perfect, light, natural and build-able for those with mild skin issues, however, me and my mum both found this just went darker on your skin no matter what shade you use! That's just problem number 1!

Problem number 2, the seperation of the product, as with most water based foundations its prone to seperation however this seperates so much faster than any other water based foundation i've tried! It's bizarre.

3, it's like a dupe of MAC face and body, available at free standing stores only, but you can buy it online, however the biggest difference is, MAC give you 120 mil of product for 25, estee lauder give you 30 mil for 27... and it's pretty much the same, actually MAC face and body is superior in a few ways but to the naked eye they're the same, i wouldn't be surprised if estee lauder developed this foundation based on face and body by MAC as they own mac cosmetics.

So if you liked this foundation, i suggest switching to face and body for the money value! And if you want to buy this, TRY IT! they should give you a sample and if they dont they have a 30 day returns policy anyway :)

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is perfect for those looking for a natural & light coverage, which is what I'm after in a liquid foundation. If you're after heavy coverage, please try something else!

I am a 3CN1 in this foundation and it's the perfect shade for me. I have normal skin with a sometimes oily t-zone, and I find that this foundation holds up well during a day at the office. I was worried that the shade would be too "cool" for me but this cool neutral shade actually seems to have warm undertones as well. I usually use it on its own or top off with a light dusting of lose powder to set it. I have normal skin with a sometimes oily t-zone, and I find that this foundation holds up well during a day at the office or a night out.

I like that it comes in a small plastic bottle - perfect for frequent travellers like me!

I'm very happy with this foundation and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by sirenswin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a really nice and lasting foundations, unless you need coverage or are extremely oily. The shades are a bit different than normal EL foundations - there is no Cool, or Warm, just Cool Neutral and Warm Neutral. For me, NW15 or lighter in winter, 2CN1 was good but a bit too warm. Not a perfect match (hence one point off) but it looked decent. I don't regret buying it, but it doesn't feel special enough for me for a HE foundation, not even for a light coverage one. Basically you can go light with heavier foundations too, and they can be used as concealer too, so this didn't impress me much for its price - I could as well use a tinted moisturizer, BB cream or a thin layer of well-blended heavier one instead.
It doesn't last as well as MAC Face and Body, which is also light, but it doesn't move (because it's for body too). It's nice, just unimpressive.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by MikiKaneohe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I cannot believe how great this foundation is for my skin! I am NC37 (or so) and I matched myself to 4CN1 by applying some samples from a mailer. I was amazed that a free sample was actually my exact match. I told the EL SA that I wanted to try that color and she agreed that it was my match. When I applied it the next day I was happy to see that this foundation is actually close to medium coverage-which is a plus for me due to acne scarring and a few current blemishes. I also found out that it doesnt really oxidize, unlike MUFE Mat Velvet which is my go to heavy duty foundation but it can turn orange and deep if you are not careful. The 4CN1 color is absolutely natural looking on me. The MUFE foundation is probably my closest match that I have been able to find, but I have to mix 2 shades together and correct for the oxidation. MAC Matchmaster in 5 is good for me and Korres Wild Rose Fndtn in WR6 is pretty good too. But this one bottle fits me perfect! Not too dark, or light, or pinkish, or orangey, or red or gray (yes-really gray. EL DW gives me an ashy grey cast). I feel like a wasted my money on the EL DW. I bought 2 bottles of that and still cannot achieve a perfect match! I have skin that is hard to match to almost any foundation, so I feel really thankful to EL for making a shade that looks great on my skin without covering me up in a layer of paint! I thought my other foundations from Bobbi Brown, MAC, and EL was as good as it gets, but now I know that there is a color for me!
This foundation lasts all day even on my oily skin and makes my skin glow and look so even and natural. I am in awe.
I dont like the packaging because you have to shake it up really well and then you open it and you get a foundation volcano-that is my only complaint. Even the price is not that bad considering what it does for my skin, not to mention my confidence. I apply it with a foundation brush and I find it works great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I could only use this for about 3 days before I returned it. I wanted a sheer foundation suitable for my dry/combo skin. I am around NW25 (although leaning towards neutral) and was matched to 2CN2, which to be fair was a good match. On application though I didn't find it sheer enough. I much prefer the thin formulas of Mac and MUFE's Face and Body, and although this is closer to Mac's version, it is slightly thicker. It also has a heavier coverage than those, and unlike the Face and Body, I found it wasn't moisturising enough. It highlighted any dry areas and really accentuated my pores. In the 3 days I had it, I used fingers, a RT Face Expert Brush, then a beautyblender. None of those helped, not even making sure my skin was well prepped beforehand, so to my dismay it had to go back.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No