December 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Invisible Fluid Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, I'm NC40/42 and 3WN1 is the best shade match for my skin tone. It's not a perfect match so I deducted points because I couldn't find a really GOOD match. The foundation is very lightweight and quite sheer though it can be built to light coverage. I have combo-oily skin with a t-zone that tends to get really oily. Invisible Light seems to make me more oily than many other foundations and I have to blot mid-morning, mid-day and again at mid-afternoon which is more "maintenance" than I like with my foundation. I have nothing really negative to say about Invisible Light but it's not a "winner" in my book.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

Tried it for one day, settled into every dry spots on my face even the ones that i didnt know existed…never had da same problem with double wear thats thicker and covers more…gd da i got a sample first…!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jaecikae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy Grail of foundations at last! I can't believe how much I love it. One layer gives you sheer, matte perfection for every day, two layers gives a heavier coverage if you need it or if you want a more polished look. No fragrance, no need to use primer with it, great packaging, applies smoothly no matter which tool you use (I prefer my fingers). It's a bit more watery than other foundations I've used, but that helps with the application. Doesn't require much to cover the entire face, sinks into skin beautifully, doesn't accentuate fine lines...it's lovely. I've been using my bottle for about three months and while I'm sure one day I'll have to use a heavier foundation (I'm 29) this is freaking perfect! I use one coat and a dusting of MUFE HD powder and my skin looks perfect. LOVE x10000

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by jdeb1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had my doubts when I first tried this foundation - but this stuff rocks!!! I have very oily/acne prone/sensitive skin. This stuff does NOT settle into any fine lines nor does it settle into my pores. (Most of all - does not break out my skin.) It really gives my skin a flawless finish. I am a NC20 and use 1WN2. I use 2 layers and no primer (primers break me out). This stuff is so light - the first layer sinks into the skin and the 2nd layer gives the flawless finish. I use Mac Blot Powder to set and it lasts all day (may have to blot a couple of times during the course of the day - but thats typical for me). This one lasts longer than Double Wear and looks MUCH better on my 40 something skin. This one is totally HG!!!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by normaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a lightweight, barely there foundation then this will do you well.
This is exactly what I was looking for (I do not like tinted moisturisers) and am so pleased. This surprisingly has a matte-like finish and some days I'll just put the tiniest dab on my cheeks and chin and I'm good to go.

Having said this, you can probably tell that you're able to put this on even only parts of your face and it WON'T LOOK OUT OF PLACE. Personally, the reason why I wear foundation, if at all, is because I want to even out the tone of my face. My forehead tans quicker and so it's nice to even that out. It still lets my freckles show, which I want as well. It honestly just blends SEAMLESSLY into your skin.

Its longevity is pretty decent. Not as good as ELDW but at the end of a long day, it seems to still be there. It photographs well, none of the dreaded white-cast. It covers redness around the nose and does a pretty decent job at toning down my dark under eyes for such a lightweight foundation.

You can build its coverage, but I tend not to because this is not what I'm looking for.
This is sort of like MAC Studio Fix Powder (keep in mind Estee Lauder owns MAC) but in liquid form and lasts SIGNIFICANTLY longer and keeps the oil away for longer and doesn't make me look like a ghost. Just perfect. As well, I can ACTUALLY CONTROL the amount of coverage I want. JUST GREAT!!

Edit: In humidity, it separates like crazy and since I live in Australia this is a big problem. Took 1 lippy off.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Jassianne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can not find my right foundation the product oxidise bad and not really good in oily skin even if you prime and used powder and setting spray so if you are oily skin don't buy this

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Ritarella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this (good size sample, very good service in Debenhams, for people in the UK) after a very good shade match done by the woman at the counter. There in the shop, the foundation looked great, the coverage was buildable on areas where I needed the most, while light on the rest; nice matt but natural finish. However it clings on dry or problematic areas and highlights them oddly. I am not sure whether all water based foundations do this, but this one does particularly. Which is a shame because other than this, it's a nice foundation. Anyway, I will not buy it and I am glad I got the sample before.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by cccchloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation for a true no-makeup look. I have good skin (thanks, Paula's Choice!) but I like wearing a base just to have a more even complexion and this fits the bill. It's a better version of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I would say it has slightly less coverage than VA, but I actually prefer it, since it really looks like no makeup. Like others have said, if you have things to cover up, this is not for you. If you're a tinted moisturizer kind of girl, if you like VA but don't like the fragrance, don't like the alcohol content, there is a good chance you might also like this.

For reference, I am a MAC NC25 and I bought 2WN1 and it is perfect. Nicely yellow-toned and blended into my skin like a dream. I use a beauty blender for every foundation and had no problems with application. I have oily skin and the lasting power was surprisingly decent. Will definitely purchase again!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett2

I really like this foundation for weekend wear. It has a lovely texture is easy to apply with any foundation brush and is a very light coverage. I would not wear it to work every day - I live in Double Wear Light for a more polished look. NOTE: If you do not have perfect skin stay away from this foundation, I think this is great if you have a blemish free complexion as it really is like a second skin. If you have any blemishes it wont be for you. I wear this on weekends and love it, I have had many compliments. I wear 2CN2 which still has a lot of yellow in it, I was surprised as I never wear cool tones. So try samples of this before purchasing as I was sure I would be a WN not CN. I find this much better than Chanel Aqua which tends to get greasy after a few hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by mom2sam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you have good skin, but just want a little something to make it more polished, this is a great foundation for you. If you need more coverage, keep looking. This is sheer, but gorgeous - almost like a tinted moisturizer in terms of the effect on the skin, just without the moisture. I wear the 2WN1 in this foundation during the summer months. I have yet to wear it in winter. I would not recommend this foundation for those with dry skin unless you have a great moisturizer and serum to get your skin in great shape before you apply it. In summer, I have fairly normal skin - not oily and not dry.

It is important to shake the foundation EVERY time just prior to application and shake it WELLor it won't blend properly. I like using this with a makeup sponge for application as a foundation brush takes too long because the texture is so thin and there is a lot of slip.

My sensitive skin tends to break out but this foundation has not caused any issues for me. It is fragrance free. The packaging seems appropriate. The cost is $35 for 1 oz. which is pretty standard for department store brands.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No