July 28, 2014 | 2071 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddictionist

This foundation promises an twelve hour natural shine control, for a fresh matte finish. Applying this to my t-zone, it did not affect the oiliness any better or worse as they already were. As for my parts which were neither oily or dry, gave an impression of an soft matte feeling. The foundation itself did not cover up any redness or dark under eye circles. It has a very light coverage which would be more suitable for those who already have good skin. The benefits of this foundation for good skinned people would be an radiant appearance. I would not say that the foundation would last any longer than four hours. It comes out of an liquid consistence, very quick to blend and observe into your skin. Recommended for those who have pink undertones.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by mollyannemakeup

I bought this product because I have oily skin and thought maybe it would help me out a bit and give me a complexion to die for. However, when I applied this to my face it wouldnt rub in properly and was just left streaky all over my face? Maybe it was the way I applied it (with my fingers) and if so can someone pleaseee show me how to apply it. I was very disappointed and it has been thrown away never to be used again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Jendrea

I really liked this foundation. The only problem is, you have to put it on really fast because after a while it, well - stays put. Also even the lightest tone was too dark for me, that's my problem with almost every face product I use. I would definetley recommend this to anyone, especially cause it was so cheap!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Sarahh1

Do not use if you have break outs, all rimmel products are not good for this skin type.

Does not last long and oxidizes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation I would only use if I was at home or going out briefly as there is not a lot of coverage, definitely not good for hiding blemishes.
The lasting power is a couple of hours, I wouldn't feel very confident wearing this all day but it's a light foundation and somebody with clear skin would probably like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Little2Sister

I managed to find a good colour match and the foundation applied pretty well. That's where the good points end. It probably lasted less than 3 hours and certainly did not help me 'stay matte'. I have oily skin but not to an extreme extent. I wouldn't recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by float

I love this foundation specially in the summer, my only problem is the color range, and also all of them have a pink under tone on it.
I'm 300 Neutral Beige i have to mix it with a little bit of Ben Nye Creme (Stack-up) in Yellow, just to neutralize it, but besides that great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by sirenswin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation for combination skin. Texture is very smooth, seamless, medium coverage, and the finish is natural, definitely not powdery matte. I have this in 103 True Ivory, and it's a great match for me in summer. This would this foundation's only flaw - does not come out in lighter shades, but I must admit the shade above mentioned is quite natural (neutral but not ashy) to make a very natural version of pale tanned skin.
Quality is similar to far more expensive foundations (Clinique Superbalanced), and it lasts just that long and it even blends out more smoothly than Clinique. I took one point off because of the shades and because if a truly oily girl would buy this she would be disappointed, it's definitely not a foundation for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just to clarify, I have this foundation in the packaging shown in the second photo on this page (beige, with a green leaf)... don't know if its formula is any different to the other packaging.
Overall, I really like this foundation. It gives light-medium coverage, which covers any basic discolouration, and provides a beautiful smooth base for the rest of my makeup. I don't wear foundation on a regular basis, probably once a week, and this gives me a more airbrushed looking complexion without looking fake or cakey. I've got the lightest shade, which is perfect for my pretty fair skin (I always have problems with other liquid face products being too dark or orange/pink, but this is great).
Pros: Natural, even coverage.
Lasts a long time with a setting powder, and fades evenly instead of in patches.
Is light enough for me!
Easy to apply - I just use my fingers as it's a creamy liquid, and it works well.
Gives a great base for further makeup.
Cons: Although this doesn't oxidise on my face, if I haven't blended it out properly into my hairline it does go a bit orange around the edge. That's easily fixed by blending though!
In terms of "Stay Matte", I don't think it actually does make me stay matte. I'm not super oily, but my t-zone can get a little shiny. With a powder I'm probably matte for about 4-5 hours, and if I reapply powder it'll be okay.

The other great thing about this foundation is that it isn't expensive - only NZ$12 for me at Kmart!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by PollyWafflez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so relieved! I never wear makeup because it either looks too obvious or feels really dry. I have acne scarring, big pores, rosacea and my skin looks thick because of it. I only want a foundation that gives light, natural looking coverage to make my skin look 1 tone instead of red and patchy. This does it so well. Man I'm so happy!! Great for low maintenence, "I hate applying makeup" chicks. :-D