April 18, 2014 | 1696 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation I would only use if I was at home or going out briefly as there is not a lot of coverage, definitely not good for hiding blemishes.
The lasting power is a couple of hours, I wouldn't feel very confident wearing this all day but it's a light foundation and somebody with clear skin would probably like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Little2Sister

I managed to find a good colour match and the foundation applied pretty well. That's where the good points end. It probably lasted less than 3 hours and certainly did not help me 'stay matte'. I have oily skin but not to an extreme extent. I wouldn't recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by float

I love this foundation specially in the summer, my only problem is the color range, and also all of them have a pink under tone on it.
I'm 300 Neutral Beige i have to mix it with a little bit of Ben Nye Creme (Stack-up) in Yellow, just to neutralize it, but besides that great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by sirenswin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation for combination skin. Texture is very smooth, seamless, medium coverage, and the finish is natural, definitely not powdery matte. I have this in 103 True Ivory, and it's a great match for me in summer. This would this foundation's only flaw - does not come out in lighter shades, but I must admit the shade above mentioned is quite natural (neutral but not ashy) to make a very natural version of pale tanned skin.
Quality is similar to far more expensive foundations (Clinique Superbalanced), and it lasts just that long and it even blends out more smoothly than Clinique. I took one point off because of the shades and because if a truly oily girl would buy this she would be disappointed, it's definitely not a foundation for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just to clarify, I have this foundation in the packaging shown in the second photo on this page (beige, with a green leaf)... don't know if its formula is any different to the other packaging.
Overall, I really like this foundation. It gives light-medium coverage, which covers any basic discolouration, and provides a beautiful smooth base for the rest of my makeup. I don't wear foundation on a regular basis, probably once a week, and this gives me a more airbrushed looking complexion without looking fake or cakey. I've got the lightest shade, which is perfect for my pretty fair skin (I always have problems with other liquid face products being too dark or orange/pink, but this is great).
Pros: Natural, even coverage.
Lasts a long time with a setting powder, and fades evenly instead of in patches.
Is light enough for me!
Easy to apply - I just use my fingers as it's a creamy liquid, and it works well.
Gives a great base for further makeup.
Cons: Although this doesn't oxidise on my face, if I haven't blended it out properly into my hairline it does go a bit orange around the edge. That's easily fixed by blending though!
In terms of "Stay Matte", I don't think it actually does make me stay matte. I'm not super oily, but my t-zone can get a little shiny. With a powder I'm probably matte for about 4-5 hours, and if I reapply powder it'll be okay.

The other great thing about this foundation is that it isn't expensive - only NZ$12 for me at Kmart!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by PollyWafflez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so relieved! I never wear makeup because it either looks too obvious or feels really dry. I have acne scarring, big pores, rosacea and my skin looks thick because of it. I only want a foundation that gives light, natural looking coverage to make my skin look 1 tone instead of red and patchy. This does it so well. Man I'm so happy!! Great for low maintenence, "I hate applying makeup" chicks. :-D

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by cindygl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

this is now my current foundation and I've been using it for about 4/5 months now.. I'm happy with it. it lasts pretty long with powder, after a full day with probably only one touch up and a blotting it with oil sheets twice I'll come home to a dewy face (I have combination/oily skin) which isn't too bad. I would purchase it again unless I find something better. also it's in the cheaper range of all foundations in the store so thats something I'm happy about :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by kareneap

The hot Australian summer has meant that I've needed to switch to a more matte foundation because of the extra my oil my skin has been producing. My normal foundation is Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation (which I LOVE) but I do end the day looking dishevelled and greasy.

The first thing I really like about Stay Matte is the fact that it does not have a fragrance. The consistency is quite runny and it's easy to get lighter coverage (which is my preference) but is definitely buildable.

I would recommend this for people with combination-dry skin who prefer a light-medium coverage day-to-day on a warm day. I don't think I would want to use this in winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Straussie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first brought this foundation, I thought it would keep my oily skin under control, but that wasn't the case.

When I applied it, it didn't look too bad. Although the finish was a little on the cakey side, which I got over by just applying a light dusting of powder ontop.

About 2 hours into my day, my skin started to get oily as it normally would, and the look of the foundation ontop looked like a film of shiney colour over my skin and it looked terrible.

The consistency wasn't bad, but the look and wearing time of it was just rediculous. So as a result, I now have the bottle in my make-up draw, as I hate throwing away things I've spent money on. I'll props use it again for short outings, but once its gone, that'll be it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by emilyamour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

light coverage, broke me out, DEWY finish, not matte. wouldn't recommend.