September 30, 2014 | 1057 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24h

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by stephiesaprincess

Love love love it. Definitely worth ranging outside of drugstore brands for the coverage. I recommend using with a primer for best results though. I found it matched my skin well and made it look nice and matte. Didn't really need a setting powder to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by arcss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had it and used it until i realized it was making ,y skin look dry, surprise it has alcohol! Not good

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After the formula change of Estee Lauder's Double Wear, I was on the hunt for a new long wear foundation that ticked all the boxes the old DW did, and after some online research, decided to try the Teint Idole. This hasn't wowed me like I had hoped it would, but that's not to say it's a bad product. It just don't quite meet the super high standards for a supremely long wear foundation that I'm looking for.

The glass pump bottle is convenient, and as it comes out in small squirts, it allows you to easily adjust the amount you use. The liquid is lightweight, and offers a medium coverage. It blends nicely, but I find it doesn't build up quite so well on the areas where I'd use more product for heavier coverage, it kind of slips over the top of product that is already thre if I try to apply more to build it up. Using a full cover concealer first helps to get the fullest coverage I want in the areas where I need it.

It does have a lovely finish, a radiant, almost dewy glow, but not over the top at all, it just adds a subtle "realness" to your face. It doesn't feel heavy on my face, it's slightly noticable in texture, but not off putting in any way.

As for longevity, it doesn't live up to the 24 hour claim, in fact, far from it. I tend to get around five to six hours of wear before I start to see areas that aren't quite holding up, mostly around my nose and chin (this is with a a good quality primer too). If I touch up around my nose and chin with a long wear powder I can get extended wear from it, but usually around the ten hour mark, it's showing quite noticable wear, and does collect around pores as well.

The biggest thing I don't like about this foundation though is its fragrance. It's a very strong, heady, floral fragrance. For a cosmeic product it is an exceptionally strong amount of fragrance.

All up, it's not a bad foundation if you're looking for regular wear with a nice finish, but it's not the long wearing, full cover power house I was hoping it would be.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by strawberrygrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

GAH!!! I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. It has a nice matte finish to it, medium coverage and actually last throughout the day. However, I do have some gripes with it. First, it is not transfer resistant, so it gets on my phone and some of it comes off when i try to blot. It has a medium coverage but I need something with more coverage as this does not cover my red post-acne marks. Lastly, and the real reason why I can't purchase this is that it broke me out. Not horrible break outs but enough to make me stop wearing it. I did do a side by side comparison of this with Estee Lauder's double wear and honestly liked out Lancome looked on my face at the end of the day; it looks like your skin but better. Oh well...on to trying a new foundation out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by lilalando

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to be an Estee Lauder double wear convert. Double wear was my HG. After they changed the formula, i thought i'd try the other famous long wear premium foundation (Lancome teint idole).
The new Lancome teint idole ultra is everything the old double wear was, but better.
Great medium buildable coverage, dewy finish, long wear, photographs beautifully (low enough on SPF and reflective particles that your face doesnt go white from flash)..
Its my new HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

I give it four stars only because I think there is still that 'perfect' foundation out there that I haven't found yet, but until I do this is my go-to product! I find this excellent for my combination skin. It's very smooth on the skin, ok it doesn't last 24 hours but realistically who needs that anyway. It does last perfectly for a good 8 hours at least, and even after a night out still looks flawless by the time you get home, even after tonnes of dancing in a melting hot club! The variety of colours is perfect, easy to find a really great shade. What I love about it most is the coverage - it can be easily built up from medium to full. Would I buy again? Yes, I do every time I need foundation! Def worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by si193

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell is what gets me. It smells like a heavily flowered garden. I can't handle it much.
The coverage is meh. It covers my spots and redness but I have to use SOOOOO much to actually cover all of my face.
It's kind of hard to build up the foundation cause it's very sticky but it dries and sets so quickly !!

Still Looking for a holy grail foundation :( *sigh*

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Deniserebbert

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I was super excited to try this make up but really for the price, its nothing special. Coverage is good but as far as the 24 hour lasting coverage goes, that's a big NOPE. I got about 8 hours out of it before it started to get shinny and it started to fade a bit. Also rubbed of on my hands by just touching my face, not a characteristic of a 24 hour wear makeup, and settled into my pores even with a primer on. The color range isn't the best and for the price its just not worth it. You can get MAC's prolong wear and get the same effect for a lil less money, it lasts longer and they have a much better range of color.
This is my second go with Lancomes foundation (different kinds) and I'm not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by sevafp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been in search of the perfect foundation for my oily skin for more than 30 years, with many ups and downs on the way.

I have found foundations with the perfect cover, but slid off my face after an hour. I found foundations with great staying power, but looked cakey, like a mask.

What I have been looking for has been found in idole ultra 24. Ok, let's be honest, it doesn't last 24 hours, but why would I want it to?! It lasts all day, and it doesn't look like a mask.

I use a makeup brush to apply and it dries to a nice matte finish. I do not use a primer. It hides tiny imperfections and large pores. (If only it hid wrinkles!!!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by babiiixoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. but to me every foundation has its flaws.

PROS:
- it DOES stay on for a long time. i wore this 5+ hrs.
- does not oxidize.
- does not settle into pores.
- build able coverage. first application is medium coverage but can be built to full without looking cakey.
- good range of color selection.

CONS:
- settles into fine lines. i barely have any but it did settle on the small tinny ones.
- it makes dry patches VERY obvious. if you have dry skin or dry patches, this is not the foundation for you.

this foundation isn't a foundation that makes your skin look like "real skin." it does look like you have foundation on. but in my opinion, it looks very nice. its good for me because i have acne/acne scars and it covers it fairly well.