September 1, 2014 | 2038 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Scene Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

Another favorite staple in my grey e/s collection. Scene is a gorgeous cement slate grey/blue shadow that I like to mix and match with so many colors and along with Vex, I've hit the pan several times. It makes my grey/blue eyes pop, especially when worn with plums and violets.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by breakfast_at_tiffanys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love MAC in general, but this eyeshadow didn't work on me. On my fair skin (blue-grey eyes) it did not have enough pigment. If I put a little on, my eyelids looked dirty. When I put more on, I looked like I had a black eye. I would have liked it as a liner but it does not have enough pigment for that.

Sorry to bring down the ratings, but this did not work for me, and I would not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by oneclassy_broad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Almost the exact dupe of Memorabilla which is now discontiued and it was re-released in the Originals collections. Except this is more gray but almost identical. Thats why I took off 2 lippies..Since I already own Memorabillia I am not sure how much use this will get since I hardly use Memorabillia as it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by aastew

I have blue eyes and was tired of buying the browns/oranges/ambur colors that everyone always suggested. This is a nice change and makes the blue in my eyes stand out even more. I am glad I have this in my eyeshadow collection. I will keep it as a staple. I really like it with the Malt color on my lid and rice paper below my brow and in the corner of my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this shade in the crease along with some other violet shades. It is a little dark especially on my NC15 skin, so I have to be very careful applying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2008 1:51:00 AM More reviews by hollicita

I SO loved this color... gorgeous grey-blue shade, looks awesome with brown eyes. BUT.... the texture was so hard to work with! It wouldn't go on my lid evenly and looked all blotchy... such a shame. I gave it away to a friend of mine and probably down the road wish that I didn't, haha! Love it but again, hard to work with!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

I love MAC's eyeshadows but just didn't like this color on me. It's matte but doesn't apply well nor does it complement my eye color/skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by moxiezbug

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a light skinned, cool toned Asian w/ very dark brown eyes. I wear Scene in the crease sometimes for a smokey look, but I don't reach for it often. Scene is a medium gray on me, but I don't like it that much. First of all, the texture is a bit chalky and hard to blend compared to my other shadoes from MAC and from other brands. Secondly, the color is really only good for night time, as it is a little too dark for daytime. So although it is a neutral, it is not that easy to wear. I like BB Slate or MAC Copperplate much better for a muted gray/taupe that can be worn muted down during the daytime and played up during the nighttime as well. The textures of these two colors are also waaaay better than Scene. If you are looking for a good neutral, there are better grays out there w/better texture and more versality. Skip this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I generally have bad luck with MAC products in general however, two hits for me are the eyeshadows in Club and Scene. Scene on me tends to go on navy with some gray added into the color and I absolutely love it for a smokey eye. Since I have deep-set eyes, I only put on a light swish on Scene on my lid and then use my smudge brush and use a little more of the Scene eyeshadow to line the lash line and it looks beautiful topped off with a nude lip. A great color for those with brown eyes and for those who are PPP's with blonde hair and brown eyes, therefore I highly recommend this color as it makes an awesome smokey eye, but looks classy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by BellaNova

I love this eyeshadow! It's a muted blue grey color that looks amazing with my dark brown eyes. I love to do smokey eye looks with this. I can also pair this with a taupe brown color (like moth brown) and it looks stunning.