July 23, 2014 | 2074 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by erya111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My skin has never reacted to anything so aggressively as it did to this. The thought of it gives me nightmares.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by sisterdes

Purchased in #103 Ivory and #200 Beige his manages to look natural on my skin even though it has a bit of shimmer in it. Unless someone is less than 1 foot away from your face, it is not noticeable, however, gives a great effect.

Texture, excellent. Coverage Medium. Packaging- Pump style (which I love) Breakouts-none (unusual for me)
Only 1 thing would make it better, and that's a physical SPF crammed inside the formula.

I believe this is the one of the best drugstore foundation for medium coverage, and I reach for it more than all the others.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by florencesophieallen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this foundation! I think I have found my perfect foundation, however, it does need tweaking because of a few downfalls!

Pros: Amazing texture, flawless application that looks natural, dewy, full coverage without looking fake. It's the first ever foundation I have used that I've thought, I could just wear this and NOTHING else! It's literally that good! It gives you so much confidence because it genuinely makes your skin look really nice. I have combination skin, an oily nose and the rest quite dryish. The application is like putting a soft cream onto your face, you can either apply with a brush or with your fingers. It's the kind of make up you could take on holiday and just use this and nothing else. The lasting power is really good. I apply at 8am and probably need a touch up around 3pm. I don't put powder over the top because the finish is really good anyway - so therefore I have to top up at 3pm and I can just put another layer straight on top, around my nose area where it slides a little. I have combination skin, an oily nose and the rest quite dryish.

Cons: The colours - I am NW15 and Ivory is definitely too dark, which means I have to blend with a lighter foundation, I can add a bit of revlon colour stay in Buff or Maybelline 24h foundation (the lightest). It only needs a tiny squeeze of the light stuff added into 1 and a half pumps, but it is quite hard to get right. Some days I make the mixture too white other days it looks too dark. The other con is that it makes your skin look SO good that you really notice the difference when you are not wearing it. My skin looks quite gross without makeup now, this foundation makes it look too good! Definitely not suitable for really oily skins, I am quite oily, but this is ok as it goes on quite dewy,I like a really dewy look though! Some people might think that my look is too dewy. The other con - is it MAY have caused a few spots near my nose, I do notice it itches a bit so I don't know if I am slightly allergic - anyway I will have to give it a bit longer because 1 week is not really long enough to test a product and know if it has actually caused this mini-breakout.

Despite all these cons, I will still give it 5 stars because it makes your skin look really nice! It's a dupe for: Touche éclat foundation, mac studio sculpt.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by GeorgiaPemberton

When I first got this foundation I didn't really like it so I put it too the side and forgot about it, when I ran out of my other foundation (mac Pro Longwear) I had to use this one. I don't remember what I didn't like about it! I honestly love it now and I use it most days, I stays on fairly well although sometimes I do have to touch up my face halfway through the day. The foundation goes on smooth and is not sticky and doesn't dry to fast.

100% recommend this product if you are looking for a cheaper priced foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation! I bought this from reading all the rave reviews about it and I'm so glad I did. I have it in Ivory, which looks dark in the bottle but applies to a nice colour on my skin. It gives me fantastic looking glowy skin without looking greasy. I have received many compliments about my 'dewy' skin!! I took a lippy off because it does sometimes break me out on my chin.

Overall, an excellent and cheap foundation that I highly recommend to dry & combination skin types, I think this would be too 'glowy' looking for really oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Debbinha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation has to be one of the best drugstore foundations around. It's lightweight but can be layered more and more to achieve more coverage. But a single layer is enough. The smell is divine which is nice when someone goes to kiss you. It has an amazing finish if you like the healthy non oily dewy look. The colours are great too. Will def repurchase!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by beautyyangel

Absolutely love this product. It is light weight but covers up your skin pretty well. It hides any redness and you can layer it up if you want more coverage. It slides on perfectly on my skin, and lasts quite long especially with a primer. I love mixing it with another foundation that is a couple shades darker and putting it on my temples and places where the sun hits..as it really glows and looks amazing. The consistency is good. It has lasted me pretty ling..using it quite often for about 5 months - I didn't wear too much at school though. The price wasn't too bad. I love the quality for a drugstore foundation, and I am usually on a budget so this seems to be my go-to foundation at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely my new fev foundation ! My skin is dry and sensitive and so it's really hard to find something that will not only makes me looks good, but also makes my skin feels good. Rimmel Wake Me Up is just the perfect solution to what I need. It give you the natural look but with enough coverage. The pump head makes it easier to use and is not messy at all. I can't say much about the long lasting factor because I don't wear foundation from day tonight....

Edit 1
I've had the occasions to wear the foundation from morning to night and found that Wake Me Up can actually last for hours (9hr+) without looking dull or anything. But if you have oily skin you might need to powder during the time.
Ps. The foundation has a bit of glow but gives me a semi matte finish which I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsparkles42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation however, the colour selection isn't very good. I don't have really pale skin but the ivory shade is a little too dark for me. However, it does brighten up the skin and lasts for a while on the face.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Carallll

The foundation itself is brilliant and has great staying power even without it being set. However I got the lightest shade and it is so orange it's unbelievable. So I took it straight off without even seeing the finish. So although the packagings nice I wouldn't buy it again and I'm glad I got it for £5 instead of £9