April 16, 2014 | 1587 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

I bought the lightest shade and was very happy with color match and the way in blended on my skin, but on pictures I was horrified to find out i turned out white as a ghost.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I'm from the US but took a trip to Canada recently and got this at a Walmart. (Part of my excitement for this trip was the beauty haul at Walmart...don't tell my boyfriend...LOL) Was SO EXCITED to try it. and....the lightest shade (ivory something) makes me look like an oompa loompa. BUMMER! Pretty finish, more satin than matte, didn't smell funky, would have been perfect. So either I need to get some white foundation to lighten this one up or it's going on eBay.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Lazza91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favourite Rimmel foundation i have tried. It has a lightweight feel and provides a medium coverage. Also, it gives a natural finish to the skin, making it a great choice for an everyday foundation. It has excellent value for money too as it is available on promotion regularly! Really enjoy using this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by helend9

I have really sensitive skin which has recently become very dry. This foundation has been a godsend! The consistency is easy to apply (I use a sponge rather than a brush) it spreads well and evenly, and covers blemishes well without the need for a heavy duty concealer (I have quite a few acne scars). The "wake me up" element of the shiny sparkly bits is noticeable when the makeup is on the back of my hand, however once blended onto the face it is not noticeable other than giving a healthy glowing finish to your makeup.

There is a good selection of shades in this too I swap between two different shades depending on how tanned my face is.
I have found that this foundation doesn't dry my skin out (something i have had previous issues with) however I do use a decent (Liz Earle) cleanser in the evenings so this could be part of it!

Only down side is the poor design of the bottle. The pump mechanism is a bit rubbish and i had to unscrew the whole mechanism to allow me to get everything out of my bottle, easy to have wastage and only use half the product otherwise.

Overall perfect product to introduce someone to a liquid foundation or for someone looking for an easy and manageable foundation which they can apply quickly before heading off to work or school.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Sunflowergo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd heard such rave reviews from beauty gurus about this foundation, so had to try it. I knew that it wouldn't be a perfect match for my skin type (it's meant to be ideal for people with dry skin, whereas I have oily), but I find some matte foundations make my skin look a bit lifeless and dull.

It has glitter in the bottle, but it doesn't show up on the skin. It gives a nice glow and dewiness. I got it in the lightest shade and it would be a tad too dark for my skin if I didn't self tan, but I still think paler girls could get away with it without looking too orange.

People will either love or hate the bottle (it has a bright orange lid), but I think it's cute and matches the product and the whole "wake me up" idea well.

The foundation stayed on me all day. My skin did go shiny but I expected this, and I think it's more down to how my skin is rather than the foundation. It's definitely more suited for dry skin, but overall I think it's a lovely foundation that makes you look more radiant.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by madelinegaw

I bought this as I had just ran out of my studio fix and bought it from my local supermarket, as it was on sale. When I first tried it I was a little turned off by the glitter and since I am very fair I bought the lightest colour but it was still a little dark. I got to school and people were noticing the the glitter, I tried a powder over the top, but just made it look worse. Would not recommend to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by briaghamy

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FOUNDATION SO SO MUCH! I have really sensitive skin that breaks out quite easily, so I was really apprehensive to try this foundation! But by god I'm glad I did. It's a mighty little thing that is really easy to build up coverage an applies so so nicely, the small particles of glitter give you a lovely glow without making you look like a disco ball. I did think it was going to be a lot dewier that what it was, but I'm glad with the result as I have quite oily skin. I'm in the colour soft beige and it matches perfectly! I would repurchase this product a million times over. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by NastySkinBlog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have always loved a sheer foundation with that dewy finish that makes me look fresh. My favourite of all time is Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua but this is super expensive (38 euros...yuck!!). I needed a dupe and I needed it fast! When Rimmel Launched their Wake Me Up foundation this year I researched and I thought...this is it, Ive found my dupe! I thought I was on a Home-Run when the shade 303 (True Beige) was my exact match. So I tried it and it gives such a beautiful finish that is both dewy and fresh. The coverage is certainly medium and build-able but you can sheer it down to nothing.

HOWEVER after two uses my skin went crazy...big dry patches all down my neck that were itchy and sore. I had applied the foundation just under my jaw line as to avoid the dreaded 'Half Moon' face (i know it was my match but better safe than sorry). MY skin couldn't tolerate this product and I was devastated because it is lovely! Avoid this if you have sensitive skin! I gave it two stars because:
1) The packaging feels expensive-it's glass like high end foundations!
2) You can make this a sheer or full coverage foundation.
3) The price point is fantastic-anyone can afford this.

It lost four stars because
1) Caused irritation
2) it doesn't last long...it needs lots of powder (even on my dry/sensitive skin)
3) The colour range (Like with all Rimmel Foundations) isn't good.

Great foundation if you don't have sensitive skin! I really wanted this foundation to work for me (and my pocket) but sadly this wasn't the case :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by katybeth

Rimmel's 'Wake Me Up' was my first foundation, I had borrowed some off my sister for a party as I had never owned foundation, and I loved it! At first I bought True Ivory by mistake (it was in the Ivory column) it actually turned out pretty good, slightly orange but good for parties. I then went back and bought it in Ivory, this colour was perfect for daytimes as well! It has pretty good coverage, I use the wake me up concealer in Ivory with this foundation, its definitely the best foundation I've ever owned!
It did start sliding of my chin a little after about four hours, but that wasn't a problem and I quickly touched up and it was fine. Great for oily and combination skin! It also has great coverage. It does break me out if I wear it for more than 5 hours though, but I love it:)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by LavenderCandles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation two weeks ago, after I ran out of my GARNIER BB Cream for oily skin. I decided it was time to switch the BB Cream to a real foundation, because I have Acne Prone skin and the BB Cream didn't give me that much of a coverage.
I tested it in the store, without the purpose of buying it, but the second I put it on, I knew this was the right foundation for me. My best friend was amazed of how well this foundation looked on my skin, covering all the blemishes and matching my skin tone perfectly (True Ivory).
It is a really lightweight foundation, perfect for a girl who is just starting to create her MakeUp collection, after giving up on BB Creams and Tinted Moisturizers. I apply it with my fingers, and blend it in with a Latex Sponge.
The packaging is amazing, the pump making the application easier. Although, the glass bottle seems a little fragile, and I'm pretty scared when it comes to putting it in my MakeUp Bag.
The smell isn't too strong and it disappears after the application. I don't really have a problem with the shimmery particles, because they are really hard to observe.
I recommend using it with the Wake Me Up Concealer underneath for even brighter skin.
After all, this is a great foundation and i love it. I really think it's worth the hype, and also, I get a lot of compliments when I wear it.

Sincerely,