Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

3.5

on 4/7/2013 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love the colorburst line of lip butters. This color looks great on pale complexions. I use it when I am using a peach blush and it pulls the look together. Just wish it had longer staying power.

on 4/7/2013 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I was looking for a subtle but recognizable peach/coral and found Peach Parfait and its sister in the Colorburst lip gloss line, Peony. Both are pinked-coral with gold shimmers. I like the shimmer, it is not frosty, and although I can feel the shimmer particles on the stick when I apply it, afterward they're not gritty on my lips. Peach Parfait is more subtle or maybe more sheer than Peony.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The outer tube makes this look way oranger than it actually is. It's very close to the natural color of my lips, i.e. a medium/deep berryish pink; it may be a little warmer/brighter, but not much. This also has some very fine diffuse, colorless sparkle (which I only notice when I wipe it off, really). Like a l/s, the texture does enhance any dryness in my lips - to me, this is more of a l/s than a tinted balm; thus, I wear it over lightly blotted balm, which doesn't help with the already short wear time. I don't mind reapplying, though. It has a very slight vanilla scent mixed with the not-too-bad l/s waxiness. The packaging is pretty, but practically impossible to open after using lotion, which adds a layer of significant annoyance to my morning. Colorburst Lip Butters are fine if you want a formality to make you feel like you're putting on and wearing lipstick, especially with the posh-looking packaging, but you can find better tinted balms (NYX Lip Spa) and l/s (NYX Black Label) at the same price point or lower.

on 4/3/2013 11:38:00 AM

The product itself is pretty nice but I wouldn't buy this color again. The peachy pink color is so pretty with my skin tone but I really hate the gold sparkles. I'm not sure if the other colors have as much sparkle as this shade but now I'm afraid to spend the money on another revlon lip butter :/ good product though very hydrating!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Stunning!!!! This was my very first lip butter and I was no where near disappointed. It feels super comfy on the lips, the color is a pretty peachy tone with gold flecks, and its super wearable any time of the day. This is my favorite go to lip product especially in the summer. With the golden undertone, it really makes my complexion glow:)
Only con with the lip butters, and I'm sure everyone has addressed it, is the fact that it doesn't lasts long. But hey, I love it so much I don't mind reapplying it throughout the day.
Love love love! <3

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Although this shade is not a stunner on me, I can see it working well for those with fair skin. I love the texture, it's very smooth, light and moisturizing. The staying power is alright- about 3 hours or so. It has a non-offensive scent (hate lipsticks that are floral or strong smelling) and a slight glossy sheen to it. Be warned, your lips will sparkle cuz it contains glitter! I will try other shades in this line, just not this particular one since it doesn't show up on my NC25 skin:( loving the formula though, it reminds me of high-end lipstick at a DS price!

on 3/26/2013 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product. Expect it to be sparkly though

on 3/26/2013 12:09:00 AM

I love Revlon lip butters.

Peach Parfait is a very shimmery, natural peach color that also looks a little pink/rosy. It looks very nice on my complexion of light/medium skin and warm undertones.

My only complaint is that it may be a little too shimmery/glittery. This color would have also been very nice without the glitter.

on 3/24/2013 6:13:00 PM

I really like LB's, although I prefer Maybelline Color Whispers to them. This color is a very shimmery, peachy pink color. It is very flattering, though it has a bit too much golden shimmer for my taste.

on 3/6/2013 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was rather excited about these when I saw reviews on you tube, then I headed to the pharmacy to buy one, the when i see the color scale I thought OMG I want to buy all of these. This one is such a lovely color, but disappointing product overall. I paid something around 24 NZ dollars and on my 5th use it broke from the bottom even though I only used and opened very gently. Mind that it is now hot summer here and i do not keep my lip products in fridge neither directly under sun. It is such a delicate product would not be suitable to carry it daily to work etc. Also i think it is quite expensive over here probably more than in Europe. Packaging is quite nice and charming and I think this makes it more attractive, however it is not a great deal of moisturizing there. Staying power is not enough. I would buy some other lip balm in fact I would not change palmer's and kiehl's lip butters to anything.