October 24, 2014 | 1779 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by darkcirclesoflife

It matches my skin tone really well and doesn't break me out. I do think that my T zone get's oily after using this, but I've fallen asleep in this bb cream and have been breakout-free the next day. I will buy this again if I can't find something better. I also really like the way it goes on, it looks more natural to me than other things that I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Birdykins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first got a sample of this from Sephora and it was so awesome I had to splurge on the deluxe sample size which lasted the rest of the summer. I used this BB cream instead of foundation and it worked like a dream. I adore it. Light and blend able but gives a nice light coverage. My skin was also great this summer so maybe this was partially to thank.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally got on the BB cream bandwagon. I figured Smashbox would be my best choice since I have oily skin and it's advertised as "oil-controlling". Not so much for me, unfortunately - I was shiny within 2-3 hours, even with powder on top. That said, I did like the level of coverage. It was more than a tinted moisturizer would provide (which is great, because I find TMs don't have enough for me) but less than a foundation, so it's perfect for weekends when I want a little something but don't feel like dealing with brushing on foundation. Overall, this wasn't terrible but not outstanding. I'd probably try another BB cream before buying this again...although maybe not, given how few BB creams for my skin type are on the market.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by charchar0607

It looks great for a no-makeup look but the reason why I'm giving this a low score is because my skin had a horrible reaction to it. I've used this steadily for the past several months and it clogged my pores badly. My cheeks are covered with closed comedones and if you have them, you would know that they are difficult to treat and remove. My face feels like sandpaper and my pores are enlarged :(

Recently my skin started improving due to Paula's Choice products. I didn't know that this bb cream was the culprit so I used it again yesterday and my comedones returned with a vengeance. I would give this negative marks if I could.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Turned my combo skin into oil rig in minutes. Acne prone girls beware.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by NightSkyStar786

I use the shade "fair' and so far it's my go-to BB cream. It matches my skin-color almost perfectly. I use this coupled with Bareminerals powder for extra spf, and if I want a more matte finish. It does a good job at giving my skin a dewy glow that I love! And most importantly, it gives me even coverage WITHOUT looking like I have makeup on. This product succeeds at the "natural look'. FYI, I have freckles on my nose and they do show up slightly, which I don't mind because I am not into heavy foundation. I first heard about BB creams almost 2 years ago, right around the time they became available in Canada. I initially wanted a tinted-moisturizer but when I found out about BB creams I was intrigued and sought one out to try. I believe Smashbox was one of a few brands available at the time at Sephora so I went with it. I was stoaked that there was such a thing as a BB cream, an all-in-one product with spf that moisturizes and provides coverage; it is a pretty great product. However, I do apply a serum and a separate moisturizer BEFORE applying the BB cream and sometimes additional SPF. If I don't moisturize before, I find the BB cream a bit drying. I wish there was a way to know how effective the SPF is so I could be more confident in the level of coverage advertised (with all the primer, moisturizer, foundation etc, how can you know?). That's why I wear SPF underneath for extra coverage, but it's also because I have fair skin so I'm slightly obsessive about SPF:) To be honest, I haven't tried any other BB cream brands, so I am not loyal to Smashbox per sae, it's just the first brand that I tried and liked right away so I stuck to it out of convenience. As an alternative I like Laura Mericer's tinted moisturizer with spf 20 (oil-free). Overall I like this product and recommend it as an easy choice of BB cream that gives effective coverage without being heavy, leaves your skin looking dewey and feeling fresh and has SPF so if you're driving for 25 minutes in your car to work on a sunny day you don't have to worry about your face getting sun damage, and you'll look gorgeous!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Chelle329

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have golden toned, oily yet sensitive skin. I had high hopes for this product. I bought the light/medium and it was perfect for my skin tone, but be aware that it is more on the medium tan side than light. It had a nice texture, and light coverage. But within a half hour I was already greasy. I tried it one day with my usual moisturizer, and one day on its own. Both with terribly greasy results, and by the end of the 2nd day I was breaking out. I expected more from the product considering the brand and the $40 price tag. I would not buy this again. If you have dry skin, it may work for you. But anything other than that it's not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by eelnus

I have repurchased this. Gives a nice dewy finish and it lasts all day. I prefer the CC cream for a natural finish, but according to everyone I asked, this one has a better coverage and makes me glow and look flawless.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Qettah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a 15 ml/0.5 fl oz I found at sephora to try it out and I almost finish the mini bottle. I live in a very hot and humid place, and I used to apply it on my face first thing after my morning shower. I never bother applying primer before because this product says it "primes".

I personally didn't like it because I felt it heavy on my face, like wearing a thick foundation. I always used a little bit and tried applying it using different tools and even my fingertips. I can't deny it has a very good coverage, but I personally don't need too much coverage since I don't have scars, acne, dark spots, etc. I think this bb cream will work great if you need the coverage. Plus I have oily skin and it didn't lasted long on my skin, and I watched how it was kind of melting on my face. I tried applying powder, oil absorbing papers, and nothing could make it work. I wonder if applying primer before could make it last long? I was using the "light" tone and worked fine with my skintone, not too pink or yellow. I'm glad I got a small size because I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

So I was chilling in las vegas when I decided, you know what my foundations are starting to make me look rather cakey and a little TOO done up. Let's get a sample of this!

I honestly didn't know what to expect from this BB but it's easily become one of my favorite products as of recently. The texture is an interesting gelly, it's a bit hard to smooth across the face. Although it's very refreshing is actually dries to a clean natural/semi-matte finish.

I really like the coverage on this stuff, it is very easy to build up and yet still manages to look very natural! No more overly done up face for me :D I also like the SPF and the fact how there doesn't appear to be much of a scent at all. Oh also with the color schemes, girls whom are NC30 beware i KNOW that light/medium seems like the correct thing to choose but it is SUPPPPPPER DARK. Like NC35-40 dark. Light-med my butt.

The only negative is longevity, however if mixed with my Lioele bb cream it lasts longer for some reason. I'd still recommend picking up a sample of this if interested :D