Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 4/4/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Hm. My feelings towards this product have definitely changed the longer I've used it. I first came across this product while in the market for my first BB creams/tinted moisturizers and received a sample. The sample of the product was lovely and I eventually ended up purchasing a full tube of this about a year later after trying (and loving) other brands, but not able to get the Smashbox out of my head.

This product does not perform as well as I remember the sample performing. I recall this having a very similar finish to my beloved Bobbi Brown BB, just a bit slicker, and wearing very, very well on my oily skin. (And I even tested this sample in the summer!)

This literally seems to slide right off of my face, even when set with powder. If I touch my skin an hour or so later, product sloths right off. By the end of the day, everything seems to just be sitting on top of my skin waiting to smear away.

I am extremely pale, and the lightest shade is a good match, but I MUCH prefer my Tarte and Bobbi Brown BBs/TMs.

This also irritates my eyes if I get too close to my lids.

on 4/4/2014 2:33:00 PM

Pricey, but worth it!!

I first tried this product in a Try Me kit with travel sizes of the BB cream in Light, Halo powder in Light and their basic primer. I love the way my skin looks when using the combination of the BB Cream and the Halo powder.

I have a light to fair complexion with some redness, and while this covers it well - it doesn't have a heavy feel. I have no problem blending this product; I use a slightly dampened Beauty Blender, and blend out the dots on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin.

This, along with the Halo, brightens my skin (now that I am older I am losing that youthful glow :( ). It keeps my skin shine free, all day, and the coverage lasts until I remove it. The redness doesn't show through!!

I love this product so much, that I broke bad and purchased the full sizes (BB Cream - $39 and Halo - $59) along with another Try Me kit so I have them when I travel. Using the Ulta Platinum points, discounts, etc. it is still incredibly expensive, but a little better. The trial size has lasted almost 2 months so far, so you do get what you pay for!

on 3/25/2014 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

After going years and years without wearing much make up apart from concealer for the under-eye area or the occasional blemish, I needed something with decent coverage to give my skin a more even, polished look for work and going out. I was really reluctant to apply foundation to my skin 5 days a week and a BB cream promised to actually nourish & repair my skin as well as making it look pretty.

I started using this a few years ago and I can't really remember why I chose this brand of BB cream in particular.

Pros:
- applies smoothly and blends well in to skin
- no irritating fragrance
- moisturising without being too oily
- good colour match for my pale skin (I use the Fair/Light shade)
- lasts a surprisingly long time (ran out after daily application to whole face for about 4 months) for such a small tube.
- photographs well
- looks natural (allows your own skin to shine through in a good way)
- does not oxidise
- does not cause breakouts

Cons:
- relatively expensive compared to other BB creams
- only provides a sheer to light coverage..so you'll need a concealer if you have any spots

on 3/21/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I ordered the Smashbox "Try Me" set with this BB Cream, the Halo powder and Primer. I was very impressed at how easily this blended, it made my skin look very even and smooth. Used along with the Halo powder my skin looked flawless all day and it didn't stick to my dry patches. There was more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, I would say a good buildable to medium coverage and then to med-full when used with the Halo powder. I will very likely repurchase.

on 3/20/2014 10:02:00 PM

I received a sample sachet with either a Sephora or ULTA order, so I cannot speak to the long term benefits of using this product.

Although the sample I received came in light (3rd from lightest-fair), which was a bit dark for me, It still blended out fairly well and was still workable. I put this on at around 7:30am and started to notice some wear through and sheen at around 12pm. The wear through was minimal in some areas and moderate in others. Minimal wear in laugh lines (barely noticeable) and peek-through on the nose (my allergies are ramping up so that's to be expected). Moderate wear in patchiness on my cheeks...lots of little dry patches. I've noticed a similar look with certain sunblocks. As if they have dried out the more sensitive areas of my skin. Sheen was minimal, concentrated mostly near the creases of my nose.This actually wears more decently than most. I wouldn't purchase right now, but if I'm not able to find anything better (or if my skin gets better) then I would consider this.

very hydrating, lovely natural coverage, easy application.

I'm absolutely loving this. I purchased in a light/medium. What I love about it is, it doesn't look like a stripe. It sort of blends from blush , to the concealer , to my eye liner and inner eye brightner. I'm such a TOUCHE eclate fan.... I may finally have found something I like better.

on 2/17/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this BB cream everyday and i love it! I personally don't need a lot of coverage, and I would say this BB cream provides light to medium coverage. I love that it has an adequate amount of protection from the sun, because its important to protect your skin from the sun. It doesn't have any particularly strong smell, and it's very creamy and blendable. I use it every day to just even out my skintone, and it's my go-to face product. It lasts through my whole day, which is pretty impressive because i am a cheerleader and I tumble and stunt, etc. and it still stays on strong. I would definitely recommend this product, and i think it's worth the high price tag because of how well it works and the amount in each tube.

on 2/15/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The finish is good and it controlled the oil in my skin well. But I find the coverage surprisingly heavy for a BB cream - it's thicker, for example, than LM Tinted Moisturiser. For me a BB cream should be light and natural, and this is much more foundation-like. For that reason I wouldn't buy again.

on 2/10/2014 8:24:00 PM

I'm a long-time user of Smashbox's tinted moisturizer, which is admittedly more sheer, but I still like my facial makeup to be more or less of a natural finish. The more seamless evening out of skin-tone I get with tinted moisturizer is lacking in this BB cream. It feels and looks thick and sometimes cakey if you're not properly exfoliated and moisturized. As it's now winter, my skin suffers from the dryness of indoor heating and from the harsh winds outside (regardless of exfoliation and liberal amounts of moisturizer), so I avoid using this product because it just clings to dry spots or flakey areas. Even in the summer, this BB cream feels heavy and as someone whose skin errs on the oilier side, I've found that it exacerbates any natural sheen so that instead of a healthy glow, you get a small oil-slick around your T-zone as the day progresses.