December 22, 2014 | 1630 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by mcall

The L'Oreal color riche balms are what I wanted the Revlon Lip butters to be. Revlon is my go to drugstore brand, but I never wear lipstick and shy away from anything that will be opaque on my lips, so I have to be very light handed when wearing the Revlon lip butters, and have to have a mirror to reapply. The L'Oreal balm is exactly what I was looking for. It leaves enough pink (I have the Rose Elixir 218 color) to visibly change the color of my lips, but is not so pigmented that I feel like my lips look fake. The amount of shimmer is great for me. I cant feel it, and it doesn't make my lips look like a disco baIl. It is just barely noticeable. l like the feel of the balm as well. It is pretty thick, but smooth, and it seems to moisturize as well as the Chapstick brand balms, but not as moisturizing as my Burt's bees pomegranate balm. I love that I can reapply with out looking and without worrying about it looking sloppy. I think each person's individual expectations of this product will determine if they are happy with it. If you are expecting it to be sheer, then you will be satisfied, but if you expect it to be as pigmented as the lip butters, you will be disappointed. I didnt give it a perfect 5 because for me, the last lippie would be earned by it being super hydrating on top of all the things I like about it so that it would be the only lip product I would need to carry with me. I will be purchasing the coral color soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

This is exactly what it promises to be, with no frills, and quite a lovely case for a drug store product. This is a slightly pigmented stick balm that tastes faintly of almond. I got the plum shade, it is a somewhat MLBB shade, earthy and neutral, and a bit deep. A bit like Black Honey, but more soft. Very sheer. No sparkle.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wear this over my regular Aveda lip balm for a bit of color. The product is meh. No long lasting, nothing significant about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Hi Everybody - My name is Sanja and I am a Lip Balm addict! This is one of my least-guilt inducing purchases but quite possibly the most rewarding one. The Colour Riche Balm is what i wanted the Revlon Lip Butters to be - moisturizing, shiny, soothing, lovely...basically prettiness in a tube :) The Best Part - since i discovered these little gems, the urge to continue repurchasing the magical Dior Lip Glow has subsided to say the least. I am not saying that i wont buy it again but it may take a while because i find myself using the Riche Balm in Pink Satin a lot more. The funny thing is that the Lip Glow and the Riche Balm tubes are fairly similar in design - the luxury look was certainly acheived by L'Oreal this time around.
The texture of this is sublime - it glides on so easily, almost melting into the lips. I am happy to say that there is no detectable chemical taste and the fragrance is very faint so i dont think it would bother those with scent issues. The shades are soft but always detectable - after all this is a balm not a lipstick so it wouldnt be fair to judge the lack of pigmentation. I will say that the colour payoff is excellent for a lip treatment even in the lighter shades with a finish that isnt so much glossy as it is a sheen. Pink Satin is one of the lighest ones available and it makes my lips light up with a such a beautiful girly glow - compliments and inquiries gallore :)))
I am hoarding backups as we speak - L'oreal will discontinue this and then what am i going to do???

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, I love the packaging on these balms. Very pretty and luxe looking. On to the actual product, I like these pretty okay. If you're more of a chapstick kind of person this would be good for you. I have them in 418 and 218( Can't remember the color names) and they're pretty colors. One is a pink color and one is a nice coral. They both show up alright after a few coats. I gave them a four because like most lip balms you have to keep re-applying if you want the color to stay. I would buy again, but I think it will take me awhile to use up both tubes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only shade of these that show up at all on me is Plush Plum. The rest are pretty much clear, at least on my mauvey pigmented lips. The Mauve one is a joke, it's a very pale pink that made me wonder how on earth they got any mauve out of it. Anyway, the Plum is great; pretty color, nice shine, very moisturizing, doesn't turn fuschia, no wonky scent or taste that I can tell (or it fades really fast if there is) but like most of these tinted balms, lasting power is minimal. Packaging is gorgeous though, really eye-catching. I don't mind reapplying because I really love the color and the moisturizing properties are crucial for me this time of year when I get really dry. I would repurchase this shade for sure, but none of the others unless they come out with more pigmented ones like the Plum.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by unsaniterry

I would like to say that I am NOT a lip product person. I normally just enjoy my regular ol' Chapstick and I'm satisfied.

However, I love coral so when I saw this in Target, I was convinced! I bought mine in the shade "Caring Coral." The shades are beautiful, no doubt about it. However, it barely shows up. Even when I swatch it on my hand, it just looks like a REALLY light gloss of some sort. But since I am deeply TERRIFIED of lipsticks, this was perfect for me. These made my lips look juicy with the slightest touch of color. No hassle, no having to have a mirror (I can't say that for the darker shades, however), and the packaging makes me feel as if I'm in the movies or something.

I say this product is perfect for people like me, those who are new to makeup, or students in school. If you are a lipstick junkie, this does NOT have the pigmentation of a lipstick nor that of the Revlon Lip Butters. Beware!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Moisturizing
Nice packaging
Nice variety of colors
Nice smell

Cons:
Color is very sheer
Color doesn't last very long
Over-priced

This product was very moisturizing, had a nice smell, and a good variety of colors. The thing I don't like is that the color starts to fade away within minutes after applying and that the color was very sheer and not as opaque as I wanted it to be. I also think that this is over-priced because I bought mine for about $8..when it really wasn't that great of a product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in Heavenly Berry and love the vanilla smell and how moisturizing and nourishing this feels on the lips. And the spf 15 is a bonus! Completely reminded me of the Hip balms but in a stick form vs. pot, and in reading other reviews it looks like I'm not the only one that thinks so. The only downfall is that the tint is barely there and the color disappears after a few minutes. So in essence, I feel like its an overpriced clear lip balm. And I like sheer colors, but this really did not show at all. Would totally repurchase if just a little more pigment were added, but will have to pass for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

i got the color Nourishing Nude earlier today when i went to meijer to find a nude lip color. pretty much this is an expensive, pretty chapstick. at least for me anyway. it was between this and the creme brulee colorburst lip butter. i had remembered my experience trying on one of those, and i cringed. that and the maybelline baby lips do not enhance my lips in any way, infact they make them worse. that aside, i went with this, never having tried it, thinking it had some color, even just sheerly, like an opaque lipgloss, but alas, there was none. the only reason i went with this was because it is made with argan oil, and it is enough to make a difference in this balm. it could have been like every other chapstick but the argan oil makes it so that your lips look like all you have on is lipgloss. not in a juvenile way though, it's not overtly shiny, it's more like to blur away lip lines and as long as you don't lick your lips, quench dryness. i was using Chapstick chapstick before this for a month because i bought a burts bees chapstick that did not help. then i got a dark lipstick/lipgloss hybrid and after all that, i just taught myself not to lick my lips. i probably only did that so much because they were so dehydrated. not cheap and slippery, but not gross and sticky either. i actually did not know it had spf 15 but on the website it says all these balms do so that's wonderful. my burts bees was only spf 8 but it always left whiteness on my lips, making me wipe or lick it off.. it was just pointless. i like the smell of these. it smells like french vanilla, in coffee or from a candle. but my nose has to be close to touching the stick to actually smell it. no taste. thank goodness. i guess trying these on my hand was a dumb idea. color does come from this you might as well think of nourishing nude as clear. i wanna keep it.. ive never been the kind of person that mixes lipsticks, but instead of putting chapstick under, you could put lipstick on, then nourishing nude on top to smooth everything out. i'm still looking for a nude lip color.. revlon soft nude was out.. actually practically all their stock of that was out.. i'm a sucker for anything that says it moisturizes lips though.. i got mine for $5.23 plus tax. probably one of the cheapest prices around for this stuff. try it if you're looking for pretty chapstick that works. they have other colors but remember, they're balms. don't be like me and actually think your lips are gonna get lighter. they'll either be clear, or darker. try em!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No