September 19, 2014 | 1559 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only shade of these that show up at all on me is Plush Plum. The rest are pretty much clear, at least on my mauvey pigmented lips. The Mauve one is a joke, it's a very pale pink that made me wonder how on earth they got any mauve out of it. Anyway, the Plum is great; pretty color, nice shine, very moisturizing, doesn't turn fuschia, no wonky scent or taste that I can tell (or it fades really fast if there is) but like most of these tinted balms, lasting power is minimal. Packaging is gorgeous though, really eye-catching. I don't mind reapplying because I really love the color and the moisturizing properties are crucial for me this time of year when I get really dry. I would repurchase this shade for sure, but none of the others unless they come out with more pigmented ones like the Plum.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by unsaniterry

I would like to say that I am NOT a lip product person. I normally just enjoy my regular ol' Chapstick and I'm satisfied.

However, I love coral so when I saw this in Target, I was convinced! I bought mine in the shade "Caring Coral." The shades are beautiful, no doubt about it. However, it barely shows up. Even when I swatch it on my hand, it just looks like a REALLY light gloss of some sort. But since I am deeply TERRIFIED of lipsticks, this was perfect for me. These made my lips look juicy with the slightest touch of color. No hassle, no having to have a mirror (I can't say that for the darker shades, however), and the packaging makes me feel as if I'm in the movies or something.

I say this product is perfect for people like me, those who are new to makeup, or students in school. If you are a lipstick junkie, this does NOT have the pigmentation of a lipstick nor that of the Revlon Lip Butters. Beware!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Moisturizing
Nice packaging
Nice variety of colors
Nice smell

Cons:
Color is very sheer
Color doesn't last very long
Over-priced

This product was very moisturizing, had a nice smell, and a good variety of colors. The thing I don't like is that the color starts to fade away within minutes after applying and that the color was very sheer and not as opaque as I wanted it to be. I also think that this is over-priced because I bought mine for about $8..when it really wasn't that great of a product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in Heavenly Berry and love the vanilla smell and how moisturizing and nourishing this feels on the lips. And the spf 15 is a bonus! Completely reminded me of the Hip balms but in a stick form vs. pot, and in reading other reviews it looks like I'm not the only one that thinks so. The only downfall is that the tint is barely there and the color disappears after a few minutes. So in essence, I feel like its an overpriced clear lip balm. And I like sheer colors, but this really did not show at all. Would totally repurchase if just a little more pigment were added, but will have to pass for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

i got the color Nourishing Nude earlier today when i went to meijer to find a nude lip color. pretty much this is an expensive, pretty chapstick. at least for me anyway. it was between this and the creme brulee colorburst lip butter. i had remembered my experience trying on one of those, and i cringed. that and the maybelline baby lips do not enhance my lips in any way, infact they make them worse. that aside, i went with this, never having tried it, thinking it had some color, even just sheerly, like an opaque lipgloss, but alas, there was none. the only reason i went with this was because it is made with argan oil, and it is enough to make a difference in this balm. it could have been like every other chapstick but the argan oil makes it so that your lips look like all you have on is lipgloss. not in a juvenile way though, it's not overtly shiny, it's more like to blur away lip lines and as long as you don't lick your lips, quench dryness. i was using Chapstick chapstick before this for a month because i bought a burts bees chapstick that did not help. then i got a dark lipstick/lipgloss hybrid and after all that, i just taught myself not to lick my lips. i probably only did that so much because they were so dehydrated. not cheap and slippery, but not gross and sticky either. i actually did not know it had spf 15 but on the website it says all these balms do so that's wonderful. my burts bees was only spf 8 but it always left whiteness on my lips, making me wipe or lick it off.. it was just pointless. i like the smell of these. it smells like french vanilla, in coffee or from a candle. but my nose has to be close to touching the stick to actually smell it. no taste. thank goodness. i guess trying these on my hand was a dumb idea. color does come from this you might as well think of nourishing nude as clear. i wanna keep it.. ive never been the kind of person that mixes lipsticks, but instead of putting chapstick under, you could put lipstick on, then nourishing nude on top to smooth everything out. i'm still looking for a nude lip color.. revlon soft nude was out.. actually practically all their stock of that was out.. i'm a sucker for anything that says it moisturizes lips though.. i got mine for $5.23 plus tax. probably one of the cheapest prices around for this stuff. try it if you're looking for pretty chapstick that works. they have other colors but remember, they're balms. don't be like me and actually think your lips are gonna get lighter. they'll either be clear, or darker. try em!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Tender Mauve and I like it a lot. I like this product overall because it feels such high quality. People need to understand that this is not a lipstick, but more like a tinted lip balm, hence the name. The pigmentation isn't awesome but it does what it's supposed to do - tint. I love the packaging because it's sturdy and doesn't feel flimsy when twisting it up and down. I find it is smooth to apply on my lips, but will always apply an actual lip balm prior to applying this. However, if your lips are already nicely moisturized, then this lip balm will give a hint of color so you don't look pale. I will most likely repurchase if there is no new product that catches my eye before this one runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Ubiq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have Nourishing Nude and Plush Plum. I'm very fair with rosacea and neither of these play up my redness but I will use the nude if I'm looking especially beet red.
My lips are always chapped and these help give me color when my lips are too chapped for lipstick. I use Shiseido sunblock for lips underneath this and both these conceal how whitening and drying it is. I need to reapply often but it's no big deal - lip stains aren't good for a dry lip situation anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by tiffani1001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have bought two of these at the same time, i believe they were 6.99 each or something ridiculous like that. I do not mind paying 6.99 for a GOOD product, this was not good.Worst purchase ever, however, the colors are quite nice as is the packaging. These are incredibly drying and have actually caused my lips to peel. I have huge lips, this does not look good. I will not repurchase and definitely will not finish the rest of the tubes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its such a beautiful lipstick/ balm I love it. I will repurchase. its so shiny the only down side is I hate how it tastes like sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lips get chapped constantly, and I have to use dull everyday chap stick all the time to keep my lips moist. I really wanted to try something new that would bring color to my lips and keep them moisturized all day.
This product does all that and MORE! I absolutely fell in love with this product. I bought the Nourishing Nude and Caring Coral. This is now my must have product in my makeup bag. I highly recommend it to everyone