October 2, 2014 | 1838 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by juicy70

When I first bought this mascara I was unimpressed with the result so I just threw it in my makeup drawer. My lashes are thin and short from just getting older so I bought some RapidLash serum to try and get them to grow and the RapidLash worked really well; my lashes are noticeably nice and long now. I brought the 3D volume mascara back out to try it again and it looks awesome with my 'new' lashes. What I really like about this mascara is the brush; it has spikes all over the tip making it easy to coat the little baby lashes in the corners without getting mascara all over your eye area. So, compared to the Cover Girl mascara brushes that barely have any spikes near the end this one is WAY better. The formula is long-wearing and doesn't smudge. I take it off with those mineral oil makeup remover pads before I wash my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

I'm not sure I'd buy this again. It looks great on but the brush already has clumps on it when you pull it out of the tube. I'm actually thinking of writing to Revlon about it. They need to find a way to make brush come out "cleaner".

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

I liked this mascara however it was IMPOSSIBLE to get off! To its credit I didn't have eye makeup remover but it would not budge with cetaphil cleanser, it just stuck like glue! I won't be getting it again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by mackenziehope

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my gosh, new hg!!! My eyelashes are long, stubborn, thin and fine and this mascara works WONDERS. It lengthens, adds SOME volume, darkens them, gets ALL the baby hairs with the spike tip and keeps them curled and in place. I bought this on a whim because it was on sale and it is a definite dupe for They're Real! I will repurchase til the day I die (or a better one comes out).. LOVE

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never stray from my L'Oreal mascaras but heard someone say they really liked this mascara so I decided to try it to review for MakeupAlley. Turns out I actually like this stuff!

The brush on this mascara is huge, the formula super dark and gives me crazy amount of volume. This is the only mascara I've ever tried that actually makes my eyes look like I'm wearing false lashes. I never wore just mascara until I found this product - every other mascara just didn't bring enough definition to my eyes when I wore it alone. But this makes my eyes pop! I only use one coat all over and a 2nd coat on the outer lashes and it looks fantastic!

Its somewhat easy to remove with a makeup wipe - I do find it gives me raccoon eyes in the morning so I have to use additional eye makeup remover. This product stays but but flakes a little bit throughout the day. The big brush is great but for someone with small eyelids like myself, its sort of hard to apply without getting it all over your eyeshadow and sometimes I have to clean it up with a q tip. The formula is a tad bit clumpy if you're not careful.

I plan to go back to my trusty old L'Oreal after I use this up but I would repurchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by prettymar

good mascara doesn't clump/flake/easy to remove :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by sbt1218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My friend fell in love with this mascara and convinced me to try it. It didn't have the same effect on me. I was disappointed with the clumpiness of it above all. The color is wonderful and the brush is nice but when you pull it out you can see actual clumps of mascara on the brush! For nine dollars, I will not be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by BreMarie

I am actually very surprised by this mascara! I was running low on what I normally use and found this in my makeup bag. I guess I tried it once, wasn't crazy about it, and just threw it in there. Well, because I had nothing else, I decided to try it again. I don't know what I missed the first time, but I love this mascara! I am so picky with my eyelashes and I am very surprised I like this mascara so much. It really defines my eyelashes. I LOVE the brush!! It is the perfect brush in my opinion. It separates each lash and adds plenty of length and volume! And the end is rounded so you can use it to get the smaller spots. I do use several layers because I love to have dramatic eyes. This stuff is just perfect for me. Lengthens, adds volume, defines, and separates!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Blegh I hated this mascara and that being generous. It clumped my lashes together and made them really straight. Also the brush is so hard that it physically hurt to apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by sugarglazed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this item in an impulsive run to the drugstore.... Its been a year since I've got it and tried working with it at different points to no avail. My lashes are typically not difficult to work with, but this stuff honestly made them look terrible.... I would not recommend this item to anyone, if you feel like fidgeting with a difficult mascara please go ahead. I will not rebuy this one.
It didnt thicken, or "volumize" my lashes, it might have added a bit of length, but thats it. no go for me.