April 18, 2014 | 2042 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Tough as Taupe

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The color of this product does not come off as it looks in the jar. I bought it because I thought it'd be a nice taupe to have, but it comes out a really disgusting gray color. It goes on patchy, has next to no staying power. It's just overall an ugly product, I think it should be discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I was very excited to try this out. I'm a big fan of taupes and maybelline. it goes on well, color pay off is very nice. You can use a little or build it up to be a dark taupe. My only con: it dries up super fast. I wasn't even denting the jar and I had to get rid of it because it dried up.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

a gray, smeary mess. worst eyeshadow ever.

bright side: may be a good eye primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

this was my second maybelline color tattoo. i originally bought bad to the bronze. i like this more because i fancy matte shades more than shimmery. this is definitely wearable, like bad to the bronze. it shows up like a soft brown with a hint of gray on your lid. my only complaint is on this one the packaging is screwed up because it doesn't close as smoothly as the other one i own. the pricing isn't bad, about $5 - $7 depending on where you live. it works just as well as mac paint pots and benefit creaseless cream shadows, it doesn't dry out as fast as mac paint pots though, which is good. overall, i love this product a lot. it doesn't crease throughout the day. i doubt it stays on for 24 hours, but who wears their makeup for 24 hours? i love this so much and i'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to spend $18 - $22 on a cream eyeshadow/base.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first colour tattoo purchase and so far so good! I expected this colour to be a little more purpley as that's what it looks like to me in the container . It went on more dark grey but it was nice. Very easy to apply with a stiff shader brush or even your fingers if you wanted. I expected it to be way more creamy and crease but after I applied it, it felt powdery on the lid and didn't crease at all! I will definitely be trying the rest of these because they can be great as a wash of colour on the lid or even as a base for eyeshadow. These are also very affordable for a cream shadow and the container is sanitary and nice, love the screw on top. Would recommend to people looking for good drugstore cream shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tough as Taupe is not the best of the Maybelline Color Tattoo shadows. I have Bad to the Bronze and love it. Tough As Taupe creases like crazy! Sometimes my lids get oily but this is the only Color Tattoo that has no staying power whatsoever on its own. I didn't use an additional primer with it and within a few hours the oil had cracked through. I have medium brown skin and the color is nice under lighter eyeshadows. Also,once you finish the first layer the color is completely different! It's a darker, grainier taupe. Ill continue to use it with a primer but it's definately not the best one in the line IMO.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by nailtrip

These little gems are great, after primer I put these on my lids for a base and the shadow really last all day.Not sure about 24 hours but who really needs make up on for that long lol. Also these work great as a regular shadow,they blend well with each other and do not crease which is great.No smearing or smudging around. I love these and invested in mostly all the colors. Will continue to buy their great, so a little tip some of the shades are hard to blend so use those as a base.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by painted_dainty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been a big fan of MAC Paint Pots but recently learned about Maybelline's version and the positive reviews they have received. At less than half the price of a MAC PP, they seemed to be worth trying. Especially because PPs seem to go bad fairly quickly, for the price.

Tough as Taupe is a matte medium taupe that to me is more on the gray side. It looks great with my blue eyes and blends easily with my fingertip. It's not too dry and not too emollient. Perfect texture! It lasts all day without creasing. I love it and would definitely buy it again.

*****EDIT: It's not "taupe" at all. It's definitely gray, cement gray. Not an easy color to wear unless you do a lot of smokey eye looks.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a perfect brow filler for me. I have very sparse brows from overplucking in my younger days and I have a bald spot at the inner right brow. The gray almost purple tone is perfect for dk. Ash blondes or light browns without imparting any warm red tones in your brows. It is long lasting and buildable to an even darker color if needed. Beautiful on blue eyes as a shadow but perfect for brows!!!
Update--dried up after only a few months, had to be careful not to have brows look cakey.
Try Clinique CHARCOALED applied damp for similar effect, longer lasting more natural appearance :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by mbrow222

Mine dried out really fast, even though I stored it in a dark room temperate place upside down. It also looked chalky on my eyelid. I liked the other Colour Tattoos, but this one was a dud for me.