October 31, 2014 | 785 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by rq_correa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm totally in love with this foundation. My color is Nude. It blends really well if you act quickly with your fingers. It erased me pores! How come is that possible? Beautiful! Like other people said, try to pump less than you think you're gonna need. Way to go, Revlon!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Senggi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First time i try this foundation on my hand, it was soooo goood.. it's flawless, easy to blend and good covering and the color was so fit with my hand (i buy golden beige color and my skin tone is NC35).. i use this to some place that kinda hot (it's a tropical weather here, so u know how hot is here).. first time i put this foundation it was so good like when i try this.. BUT.. after 2-3 hours it's become white cast around my T zone and greasy.. my face looks like wearing mask and if i'm not using moisturizer before use this foundation, my face will full with glitter and makes me look like Edward Cullen under the sun.. seriously.. after i give some powder after that, it's gettin better..
tomorrow after that, i used again this foundation (just want to make sure if this foundation was not that bad).. few hours later, i get sweat and i'm shock what happen with this foundation.. IT'S MELTED!!!! it's flowed around my face and specially on my neck!!! omg it's such a nightmare and i was so freak out!
and the package was sooooo annoying.. when u press it too hard, it will flow out and wasted.. u had to press it extra slow..

my advice if u already buy this product, use this in a cold weather, so it will not melt.. better if u had a normal to dry skin.. and use some finishing powder after use matte powder.. and DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR POWDER WHEN U USE THIS PRODUCT.. seriously.. u'll need this..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by ylopez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just put it back on the shelf.... But if you feel compelled to try it out be aware that
1. a 'normal' press to the cap will release a crazy amount of mousse
2. it dries very quickly and becomes almost impossible to blend
3. If you have normal to lightly dry skin, it will make your skin feel extra dry
4. it might look cakey and feel like you're wearing tons of makeup
5. you will sparkle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I dont even know what to say about all these negative reviews except none of these problems anyone else is running into have been the same for me. Firstly, making sure you shake the can to stop seperation before applying is really important. Secondly you want to squirt a SMALL amount on the back of hand dont apply directly face. You want to use a brush and apply with small circular motions like a real airbrush machine would apply the foundation. I like Urban Decay Optical Blurring foundation brush. This is similar in coverage to Dior Skinflash in my opinion except Dior is more dewy this is a natural skin finish. I think this is a great foundation for the price for someone with already decent skin who wants to perfect it and have it look as nautral as possible. I am 040 Natural Beige and it blends perfect, comparable to MAC NC 25. Nice netural undertones that lean more to the cool side.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by missy0150

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally don't write reviews, but this product really sucks from every perspective. :( Worst foundation I've ever used ( probably out of 30 different foundation/BB creams) . First of all, it has so much glitters, it makes you glow like vampires from the movie twlight. It's super drying ( I have comb skin), my face is peeling off right now. It smells horrible, it does fade away after 30 mins or so. It dries up really fast, hard to blend. Dispenser puts out way too much product. And it's not even cheap ( 20 bucks after tax). It will go back to the store asap.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by JenniferJMK

I have read several negative reviews of this product, but I have been fairly pleased with my purchase. I have acne prone/fair/combination skin. There are a few "tricks" to using this product, and I wouldn't recommend it to an inexperienced foundation user.

1. Give the bottle a few little shakes before using or it can come out runny.
2. Pump onto a folded up tissue...pump less than you think you will need. Then use clean fingertips or sponge to apply. A little goes a long way.
3. Apply very quickly, or it can difficult to blend.
4. Apply a second layer to problem areas by lightly dabbing on, then gently blending out.
5. Finish was a loose matte powder...or your gonna sparkle.

It takes a little getting use to, but once you get the hang of using this foundation it really is awesome. It does smell bad, but the odor doesn't linger. My biggest con to this product is the waste factor...you do waste more than you use. One bottle only lasted about a month with daily wear, but I could have gotten longer out of it if I would have been more careful with the pump.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by intoxikaiting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Being of the general opinion that I tend to like Revlon's liquid foundations, I thought I'd try this as I've had good experiences with mousse foundations in the past. I think I over-generalized. This is pretty bad. It dries way too fast during application and the mousse continues to bubble on the skin as it is spread and dries, creating pinholes and unevenness in the finish. I do catch a bit of the reflective ("sparkly") quality everyone is complaining about, but I don't think it's over the top. I work under salon lights all day and don't notice any unnecessary sparkle. It does wear off very easily as well; my day starts at 9 AM and my nose (which is not usually oily) is shiny by 10 AM. By the time I get home at 4 PM I could probably use a tissue with no makeup remover to wipe it all off. I did like the shade (030 Nude), though I think Revlon needs to expand their shades to match cooler skin tones. Their shades tend to be better suited to neutral to warm skin tones such as mine.

Pros:
-Shade matches skin tone
-I liked the reflective particles

Cons:
-Dries during application, leading to streaks
-Uneven ("blotchy") finish
-Little to no staying power
-Greasy
-Not enough undertone options
-Some find the reflective particles overly sparkly

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by KyleeKay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst foundation I have tried. I wished I read the reviews here before giving in. It was freaking expensive for such a horrible product, it was 19.99CA It was too dark for my skin and was beyond blotchy and stupidly shiny. It had these 'shine-spots' which made me look ridiculous. You know that saying where they say foundation masks your face? This is a perfect example. Hated it, even fought with the salesperson to refund it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by emjar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I would definitely stay away from this product. It makes you look like Edward Cullen in daylight (SPARKLES) and does indeed smell like dirty pantyhose, as previously mentioned by another reviewer. Another very dissapointing factor to this foundation was that it broke me out. My skin is a work horse; I can put anything on it, and it won't break out. This stuff made my chin break out the worst that I've ever experience. It might have been an allergic reaction, but I'm not positive. Either way it's going in the trash. Also, the shades don't match up with the Revlon Colorstay range. I'm typically a Medium Beige and it was significantly darker.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by walk6860

After seeing a youtube review on this product, I decided to try it out. Unlike a lot of reviewers, I actually like this product because I do find it to be Matte, or maybe not matte, but very natural looking. Perhaps it is the shade I buy (Shell), but I am not noticing any glitter or illuminating properties at all.

As for coverage - it builds well. I find if I am going to work or just out for the day I will apply a single layer, but for night time I will build another layer for extra coverage. It doesn't feel too heavy, which is a major plus for me.

I like the mousse consistency - I feel like I'm applying a lotion vs. a foundaction, and it spreads and blends easily.

I also use Revlon ColourStay, but find that it really clogs pores and can feel too heavy (although it does provide a very nice overall "look"). Revlon Airbrush Mousse does not clog my pores at all, but I still find it stays put fairly well even given my oily / combination skin.

Again, I don't think other reviewers are lying about their experiences, I really think it may have to do with the shade I have.

Good luck!