Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

2.5

Water, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Isobutane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Propane, Isostearic Acid, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Tromethamine, Cocamide MEA, Phospholipids, Lecithin, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Isostearyl Behenate, Steareth-2, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hexylene Glycol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminium borosilicate, Polysorbate 20, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 5/20/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I initially tried the BB cream that they have under this PhotoReady line (which I also reviewed on MUA) and I didn't like the texture of it too much so I was hoping that this would feel a little lighter since it's a mousse. $10.99 at my local Target.

THE MOUSSE TEXTURE: Pumped a dime size on my hand and used my finger to blend it; it was definitely a light-weight mousse at first and then liquified as soon as I started blending it in (just as another reviewer said). It had a light feeling and it made my skin have a nice slightly-dewy look BUT I immediately noticed little specks of sparkle from the mousse! Used a few more pumps on other areas to make sure and there were definitely shimmers in it. None of the reviews I skimmed over while at the store mentions any type of little shimmers at alllll... this was definitely a deal breaker for me. I returned it (thank you, Target.)

BOTTOM LINE: It had a nice light feeling and left my skin a little dewy but it seemed as if it'd be a little hard to blend with a concealer because it's so airy- if that makes sense (though I didn't keep it long enough to try myself) Unfortunately, the shimmers are just something I can't look past. If that's fine with you and you're looking for something that's lightweight with light to slightly-medium coverage, it's worth trying at least. I won't be buying again unless they take out the sparkles in the formula. This PhotoReady line is disappointing me.

on 5/17/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I can't believe all the negative reviews as I find this product surprisingly good! Its almost as good as my Smashbox Studio Skin (without the price tag). It gives a very flawless finish and doesn't settle into lines. The only down side us that I can't wear it on warmer days as it is too oily and melts off: great winter daily though.

on 5/11/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I don't get why everyone hates it so much! Honestly I really love the way it makes me glow.. All other foundations that are meant to leave me glow-ey make me break out, this one didn't. It covers very well and does give me an airbrush effect. I will say, that it doesn't last as long as say the whipped colorstay from revlon, but it's lasting enough for a normal drugstore honestly. I never felt like it 'melted' off my face? I have been using it in cooler weather and that could be why.. All in all I will definitely repurchase. I always have more than one foundation on hand but have found since this ran out, I have missed it. My only real complaint is that it ran out a bit fast, which most likely has to do with the packaging

on 4/18/2013 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm a bit surprised to see so many horrible reviews! I recently bought this on a whim while waiting for my regular Mac Studio Sculpt to arrive in the mail, and I actually really liked it. It feels really light on my face and gives me a nice even coverage. It does dry really fast, so you have to blend pretty quickly. It is really shimmery as well, but I don't notice it inside and outside it's fine if I set it with a mattifying powder. It doesn't look as good after a few hours, but I didn't find it melted off on me like some people had happen, either. I don't think it will be my new "go-to" but it wasn't too bad.

on 4/16/2013 8:01:00 AM

This stuff is absolutely horrid. Might be the worst foundation I have every used. It sparkled. Even in the fluorescent lighting of my office I literally sparkled. It slid off my face and gathered in my pores and the little lines on my face making me look like a sparkly caricature of myself. I didn't notice any smell like other posters have commented. I did notice that I couldn't even get it to stay put on my face. It just slid around whether I was using a brush, sponge or my fingers. And I tried all three the one and only time I used it. I tried making it stay put with translucent powder but that just left me looking like a sparkly ghost. I'm going to try to return it. Never ever waste your money on this product. Literally the worst foundation I have used in my whole adult life.

on 4/11/2013 1:15:00 PM

I was so disappointed with this product. On the positive side, I did like the way it made me 'glow' and masked imperfections when I first applied it. However, the dispenser is awful - it comes out in massive amounts that get everywhere. Also, within an hour or so I was so shiny (not 'glowy' anymore!) and it cast a weird sort of gray ghostly shade to my skin. Finally, and the worst part, was the smell. I've never been one to really care what scent my foundation has (doesn't need one in my opinion) but the chemical, old paint smell was so overpowering that I just couldn't face using this product anymore! I used the natural beige color on my fair-medium combination skin.

on 4/11/2013 10:05:00 AM

I don't recommend this. I normally love Revlon products but was very disappointed with this. Although it does do quite good coverage, it doesn't stay on for long and it is very oily and sticky. The worst part about it is that I find it has an awful smell to it, like wet dog!

on 3/29/2013 11:36:00 AM

Definitely do not recommend this foundation - it is very oily and as people have said will melt off your face after only a few hours. Too much comes out of the pump and it slides over the face making it very hard to apply evenly.
I honestly believe it is the cause of my recent skin problems, making me break out more frequently. It also accentuates any dry patches on the skin (albeit like a lot of foundations) so cannot see it as being a suitable foundation for any skin types.
I bought the lightest shade and yet it looks quite cakey when I compare it to my neck.

If you want to buy Revlon, check out their Colorstay foundation - it is much, much better!

on 3/23/2013 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have no problem with this foundation. You must be careful not to pump too much out! I have dry skin, I use a moisturizer and primer before applying this foundation. I have had problems with it looking cakey, and not well blended but I solved this by applying the foundation with a barely damp sponge. It applies beautifully, but you must blend well! I do have a problem with it settling into a few larger pores, and to avoid this I blend the hell out of it! Works well, I am going to buy a darker shade for spring/summer. I have Shell right now and it's fairly light, almost but not quite, too light for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is the worst foundation I've ever used. It's so thick and gross feeling on the skin. After a few hours it starts to literally melt and go into the cracks of your skin, highlighting ever single imperfection on your face. It makes my skin so oily/greasy. I was so disappointed. I've never seen my skin look so horrible. I don't recommend this foundation to anyone.