July 29, 2014 | 1981 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by missy0150

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally don't write reviews, but this product really sucks from every perspective. :( Worst foundation I've ever used ( probably out of 30 different foundation/BB creams) . First of all, it has so much glitters, it makes you glow like vampires from the movie twlight. It's super drying ( I have comb skin), my face is peeling off right now. It smells horrible, it does fade away after 30 mins or so. It dries up really fast, hard to blend. Dispenser puts out way too much product. And it's not even cheap ( 20 bucks after tax). It will go back to the store asap.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by JenniferJMK

I have read several negative reviews of this product, but I have been fairly pleased with my purchase. I have acne prone/fair/combination skin. There are a few "tricks" to using this product, and I wouldn't recommend it to an inexperienced foundation user.

1. Give the bottle a few little shakes before using or it can come out runny.
2. Pump onto a folded up tissue...pump less than you think you will need. Then use clean fingertips or sponge to apply. A little goes a long way.
3. Apply very quickly, or it can difficult to blend.
4. Apply a second layer to problem areas by lightly dabbing on, then gently blending out.
5. Finish was a loose matte powder...or your gonna sparkle.

It takes a little getting use to, but once you get the hang of using this foundation it really is awesome. It does smell bad, but the odor doesn't linger. My biggest con to this product is the waste factor...you do waste more than you use. One bottle only lasted about a month with daily wear, but I could have gotten longer out of it if I would have been more careful with the pump.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by intoxikaiting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Being of the general opinion that I tend to like Revlon's liquid foundations, I thought I'd try this as I've had good experiences with mousse foundations in the past. I think I over-generalized. This is pretty bad. It dries way too fast during application and the mousse continues to bubble on the skin as it is spread and dries, creating pinholes and unevenness in the finish. I do catch a bit of the reflective ("sparkly") quality everyone is complaining about, but I don't think it's over the top. I work under salon lights all day and don't notice any unnecessary sparkle. It does wear off very easily as well; my day starts at 9 AM and my nose (which is not usually oily) is shiny by 10 AM. By the time I get home at 4 PM I could probably use a tissue with no makeup remover to wipe it all off. I did like the shade (030 Nude), though I think Revlon needs to expand their shades to match cooler skin tones. Their shades tend to be better suited to neutral to warm skin tones such as mine.

Pros:
-Shade matches skin tone
-I liked the reflective particles

Cons:
-Dries during application, leading to streaks
-Uneven ("blotchy") finish
-Little to no staying power
-Greasy
-Not enough undertone options
-Some find the reflective particles overly sparkly

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by KyleeKay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst foundation I have tried. I wished I read the reviews here before giving in. It was freaking expensive for such a horrible product, it was 19.99CA It was too dark for my skin and was beyond blotchy and stupidly shiny. It had these 'shine-spots' which made me look ridiculous. You know that saying where they say foundation masks your face? This is a perfect example. Hated it, even fought with the salesperson to refund it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by emjar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I would definitely stay away from this product. It makes you look like Edward Cullen in daylight (SPARKLES) and does indeed smell like dirty pantyhose, as previously mentioned by another reviewer. Another very dissapointing factor to this foundation was that it broke me out. My skin is a work horse; I can put anything on it, and it won't break out. This stuff made my chin break out the worst that I've ever experience. It might have been an allergic reaction, but I'm not positive. Either way it's going in the trash. Also, the shades don't match up with the Revlon Colorstay range. I'm typically a Medium Beige and it was significantly darker.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by walk6860

After seeing a youtube review on this product, I decided to try it out. Unlike a lot of reviewers, I actually like this product because I do find it to be Matte, or maybe not matte, but very natural looking. Perhaps it is the shade I buy (Shell), but I am not noticing any glitter or illuminating properties at all.

As for coverage - it builds well. I find if I am going to work or just out for the day I will apply a single layer, but for night time I will build another layer for extra coverage. It doesn't feel too heavy, which is a major plus for me.

I like the mousse consistency - I feel like I'm applying a lotion vs. a foundaction, and it spreads and blends easily.

I also use Revlon ColourStay, but find that it really clogs pores and can feel too heavy (although it does provide a very nice overall "look"). Revlon Airbrush Mousse does not clog my pores at all, but I still find it stays put fairly well even given my oily / combination skin.

Again, I don't think other reviewers are lying about their experiences, I really think it may have to do with the shade I have.

Good luck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wear NC15 in MAC but could wear something lighter if they made it! So I was at the store and saw the Revlon display, the lightest Airbrush Mousse makeup looked like it might work. Kmart will not let you return opened makeup, that's probably why all their stock is opened and tested....and I took advantage of that. I tested the lightest and the next lightest, on the inside of my arm. (The pump was a mess, it looked like this stuff just ran out with a little bit of foam) One looked like a total match, until I got outside and saw---the glitter.
GLITTER. What in the holy hell does glitter have to do with anything? It doesn't even advertise itself as 'illuminating'. If I had put this on my face and walked into daylight looking like a craft project, I would have been SO MAD!! You can't even see the glitter in the store---!! WTH REVLON!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and while I'm griping about it, this stuff smelled like dirty pantyhose. So there.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After over 6 months of using this product, I am finally ready to write a review! I was so excited for this to come out, because I so enjoyed the regular liquid form of this that I tried everything to make this work for my combo/oily skin. I am NC10/15 and the lightest shade worked perfectly. The best outcome, for me, with this foundation is to layer a light powder foundation over top of it. This method allows for fuller coverage, lets the luminosity of the foundation show through without being sparkly and helps keep it from sliding off my face so quickly. These are the following conclusions I've reached so far;

If you are looking for something heavy/medium coverage, this is not for you. I get 2-3 zits a month (give or take 1 or 2) and this does hardly anything to cover them or mask any residual redness from blemishes. It doesn't cover the pink around my nose or help with the very light circles under my eyes. I still need concealer and/ or powder foundation over top.

If you do not set with a mattifying powder or top with a powder foundation, you will sparkle like a pretty (or not so...) little glitter pony.

It is not long lasting on someone with combo to oily skin. It slid off my face and pooled in certain places (around my nostrils and in my laugh lines). It also somewhat magnifies any pores or flakes you may have on your face. I find that exfoliating really well helps with this.

The packaging stinks. The dispenser on mine broke really easily and was very messy.

I do wear this occasionally with a powder foundation over the top of it and it looks lovely. My skin looks perfect and glowy with that application. Most of the time, I can't be bothered with the extra effort it takes to make this foundation work though. I am giving this product a 3 out of 5 because I like it when I can take my time with it but I would not repurchase because I'm hoping that something better comes along.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by kayek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I was so excited about this foundation because they come in an array of shades that your bound to find yours. And I did.

Pros
Lots of shades to choose from so high chance you find your shade match
Can build-on coverage
With a sponge it goes on like a dream - flawless really
Light

Cons
Expensive for a drugstore brand - $42(NZ)
Sparkles in light a bit (definitely not very subtle)
Really hard to control amount pumped(pump more than you need)
Mousse is foamy and its hard to estimate how much is really there whether its air bubbles or foundation mounds.
Smells rank

I only say I would buy it again because when it comes down to it the coverage is great especially for night outs where a little sparkle never hurt. And it's my sure shade match.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The other day, I looked at myself in the car just as the sun hit my face, and I looked just like Edward Cullen sparkling like an idiot in the Twilight movies.

If you want a MATTE foundation, this is NOT for you. I had seen on MUA reviews that the sparkles were rather large and plentiful but got drawn in by the foam marketing, and a desire to try something other than Colorstay, which is impossible to remove at the end of the day.

PROs:
-Gives a nice, even finish when applied with a sponge
-Lots of color choices to choose from, with plenty of yellow-based ones for me!

CONs:
-sparkles. Some may like the effect. My husband said he really liked the look, but all I could see in the mirror were big, flashy sparkles saying, "HEY, look at my make-up!!!"
-lasting power is so-so
-expensive for a drugstore brand. In Canada, Revlon foundations can cost as much as $20 a bottle!

This product is just average and all gimmicky. I would just stay with my HG colorstay overall.