September 20, 2014 | 1879 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by horserider

This mascara seems to work really well, although I haven't ever tried it with more than two coats, and I usually just wear one. The problem that most people seem to have is getting it off. This was a problem for me too, but I've learned that the trick is to just put a large amount of oil on the lashes (coconut oil works well for me, but olive oil is also good). The mascara separates and defines my lashes well, and adds volume nicely, and I think that it maybe adds a tiny bit of length as well. I probably would have given this 5 stars, but since Covergirl is not a brand that has pledged not to test on animals, which is in my opinion an unnecessary step, I took one star off.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by kiki66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I absolutely ADORE all of the Lashblast mascaras...except for this one. To be fair, they aren't joking when they say 24 hours. I'm willing to bet this stuff would stay on for a week if you wanted it to. It's very goopy and thick coming out of the tube, which I thought was strange since none of the other Lashblasts did that. Since there was so much mascara on the wand, it clumped my lashes up like crazy. When it dried my lashes WOULD NOT BUDGE. When I tried to remove it at the end of the day, it took three separate scrubbings with my eye makeup remover, which I have NEVER in my life had to do. Irritated the crap out of my eyes and pulled a few eyelashes out to boot. Such a harsh formula, definitely would not recommend this for anyone with sensitive eyes or sparse lashes. Going out to buy Lashblast Fusion, and throwing this 24 hour crap away!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is by far one of the WORST I have ever tried. It was tossed after one use as that's how bad this stuff was, lol. It's dry, clumpy as all get out, and will give you the worst spider eyelashes. Seriously, it looked like I had 6 big single lashes on my upper eye lid when I was done, lol. Oh, and don't even think of trying to remove it- you can't! this stuff took me 30 minutes of consistent scrubbing and rubbing before it even STARTED to come off. Absolutely terrible mascara, a big NO on this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I was really hoping to like this mascara but I'm sorry to report it is no good.

I hate separately packaged brushes, the brush is not in the actual mascara tube in its packaging, but rather you are required to assemble it, which is a waste of time and packaging materials in my opinion. Also, this means the mascara wand is not fully saturated with mascara upon your first application.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPLICATION: application was difficult because of the brush. the 'bristles' are too short to be able to brush this through your lashes properly. It's half a step up from a flat barrel with no bristles. My eyelashes looked like I had no mascara on, possibly from the fact that the brush was not fully saturated, but also because of the type of brush. Not a fan.

I took a brush from another mascara because there was no way I could go out with my eyelashes looking so thin and dusty. Omg, can you say CLUMPS?? It's not just the brush, the formula also sucks.

BRUSH: I already discussed this above, but I would like to add once again that this applicator barely has any "bristles" and this makes application extremely difficult. It's basically flat with a few raised bumps. It's like braille almost, to give you an idea - but in a more uniform distribution. I don't really understand the goal of this brush. Also, based on the difficulties with using this type of brush, I kept getting mascara marks on my eyelid. This does not happen with all my other mascaras, so that fact is really making me dislike this one.

FORMULA: it was extremely difficult to get any onto the brush, which led me to believe that this was a dry formula. However when I was finally able to get some onto this brush and the other one I used, its very wet and clumpy and gloopy, if you know what I mean. It was just an overall messy application.

In addition, I have not checked the ingredient list to see what's so different about this mascara, but it was extremely difficult to remove. I have an extremely thorough makeup removal routine, which is something most people know about me. I usually use Lancome Huile Douceur or Clinique TTDO to melt off all makeup prior ro rinsing and using a cleanser. This mascara was STUCK onto my eyelashes. It was strange because it's something I am definitely not used to. I have used sooo many different brands and types of mascara, and this gave me more difficulty in removing it than my Lancome Definicils waterproof. I'm not sure what kind of longwear this is designed for, but I don't require it to stick that much. I had to use a separate eye makeup remover after washing my face in order to get it almost all off.

As you may have guessed by now, I will not be repurchasing this ever again. I was extremely disappointed. Of all the mascaras I have tried in my life, the one I can best compare this to is one from those play-makeup kits I had as a kid. I guess with mascara you really get what you pay for, as I have been disappointed quite a few times recently with drugstore brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good solid mascara. It gave me good length and volume, and it lasted all day. However, it was difficult to remove. Even after using soap it didn't come completely off. I was watching a movie and when I cried, it flaked off a little bit. In the final analysis though, I really don't need a mascara that lasts 24 hours. If I ever go camping or on some sort of overnight survival run, I'll use it. But otherwise regular Lash Blast suits me better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Anichka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I Love This Mascara! It keeps my stick straight eyelashes curled, adds length and volume and lasts all day. And it's easy to remove with eye make-up remover and a cotton pad. Love, Love, Love!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by tmickxo

I've been a fan of cover girl lash blast for years. I tried this one and It works very well. It really does stay on for 24 hours, thats no joke! The only con is that it is hard to get off at the end of the day and you have to be careful because it comes off in little pieces and it can get in your eye. I accidentally picked up the blue black color and actually wound up liking the tint of color; It really brought out my brown eyes! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a mascara that lasts all day long!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I liked this mascara. Found that it was volumizing and lengthening just like the original and it does stay put. My only dislike about it is that is seems a little "heavy" on my lashes - I am always aware of my mascara when I wear it. However, that said, when I want a go-to long lasting mascara, this one is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by kyuss

I disagree with the negative reviews on here. This mascara's great!! It lasts through rain, crying, sweating, everything. I find it's easy to remove if I dip an eyelash brush in makeup remover, sweep it on, then pat my eyes with a damp wash cloth. I have naturally thick, plentiful, dark, but oddly pin-straight lashes. It's hard for me to find something that doesn't make my lashes look too long to the point where they touch my eyelids, too dark and extreme, and too clumpy. I don't think this mascaras very clumpy at all, you just have to apply it in thin layers and comb it out a bit. I can't stand a single clump on my lashes, and it's really difficult to find a drugstore mascara that doesn't give me clumpy spider-lashes!! This mascara is just perfect for me. I do like the applicator because the bristles are smaller and I find it easier to work with, personally. It's very versatile and buildable. I really don't understand all the negative backlash, but I guess this product's not for everyone. I'd say the one downside to this mascara is it does tend to dry out rather quickly in the tube. It's quite cheap though, so that barely matters to me. This mascara's perfect for someone like me who lives a busy, busy life with many 24-hour days! I seriously never have to touch up my mascara with this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by juicy70

The formula: Lasts all day and doesn't flake but is very difficult to take off even with mineral oil pads, and a few lashes invariably come off as well. BTW it is not sunscreen-proof.

The brush: Terrible!! it really sucks - the top of the brush has no bristles to speak of and because of this half the product ends up smeared on my eyes. I don't get how they could actually put a bad design like this into production. The brush pictured in their ads looks NOTHING like the brush that was in my tube. It's strange that they don't package it with the brush outside like the other Lash Blast products.

I kept the tube and I use a bristle brush from another brand for when I want a formula that lasts longer - but I won't be repurchasing.